Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieves

Merlin Orr

A friend stopped by the shop and visited most of today. Had a nice visit and worked on his AR a while. Time for him to go this afternoon and ...as he carried stuff out to his truck - parked right next to the door of the shop - between trips out a thief opened the door on his truck and stole two handguns from his truck. A really nice tricked out G34 and a 92F taken - Gone.

A half dozen armed men within 50 feet and still a thief does his work......

A friend stopped by the shop and visited most of today. Had a nice visit and worked on his AR a while. Time for him to go this afternoon and ...as he carried stuff out to his truck - parked right next to the door of the shop - between trips out a thief opened the door on his truck and stole two handguns from his truck. A really nice tricked out G34 and a 92F taken - Gone.

A half dozen armed men within 50 feet and still a thief does his work......

watch the stupid fu@#er, come back to buy parts for it from your shop. they do it all the time.

Man Whats up with these crazy idiots? And how does a shop not protect itself or it's customers from these jerkoffs? I watched that Turners Outdoorsman robbery on youtube and 2 guys with a glock cant be stopped by one of the 5 armed salesman???? I think its time to step security up a notch or 2. no disrespect to merlin or Benny on this, but you guys do have some of the finest tactical weapons at your disposal. maybe its time for some cams.. inside and out... Sorry to hear of this Merlin.

I know I will get flamed for saying this but I am damned glad no one saw him/them.....

Please no comments about what is on every single mind as proper justice. Thats not the point of the hate.....

I just hate it happened.

I will say.. The guy who lost the guns trains LEO sniper and response teams and played Pro football for the Chiefs for 3 or 4 years as a fullback..... Thinking about him snatching up someone with intent in his mind creates some pleasing mental images in my mind....LOL....

Wasn't it at the West Texas IDPA Regional in Lubbock a couple of years back where several cars were broken into during the match? Indoor range. Parking directly in front. No windows in the building unfortunately. Second hand story, but I believe I'm remembering that correctly.

Something similar happened to me in my front driveway! Left gear bag in front of locked truch after a day at the range. Came out to empty the truck and someone had beat me to it. :angry2:

The thing that made it all worse is that the Sherrifs Dept refused to come over and do anything about it. They asked me if I would like to make a report OVER THE PHONE! I asked if they were aware that I had called them five times and was waiting for a deputy to arrive because there were firearms stolen. They said they were aware of this and that they could file the report over the phone. I asked what about fingerprint evidence etc? They said that they rarely take that type of evidence when a car is broken into :surprise:

So I made the report on the phone and told them that I sure felt that their attitude toward catching theives left alot to be desired, :angry2:

With all the laws they have regarding firearms here in CA, I am amazed that I wasn't charged with a felony!

I learned long ago you never give anybody even a small chance to rip you off anytime. A good friend described the the thieves as "opportunists". They search for that one opportunity to rip somebody off. Chances are that the turd that stole Merlin's buddy's guns was camped out just out of sight waiting for someone to make a mistake. Give him a couple of months and he'll be back lurking for another opportunity. Find the bastard and let the feds charge him.

CYa,

Pat

As a former thief (dog robber to some) I would like to thank each and everyone who leaves their doors unlocked and valuables unsecured in their car or home.

Just kidding about the thief part, I hate crooks.

Edited to add a space since I have extras in my head.

Edited by hitman

Man I hate thieves... :angry2:

A while back I got to watch from my 2nd floor window as some punk tried to steal my bbq grill out

of my backyard, luckily it has metal handles and it was still full of hot coals at the time... Justice!

Hopefully those who stole your friend's equipment are caught quickly and his stuff returned in due course.

I did a plumbing job for a guy who had 2 steaks stolen off his grill that weekend. Guy waited till they were nearly done then grabbed them.

Where I work I see guys on the make all the time. Sometimes they spend hours to steal 20 bucks worth of crap. For many of them, I do believe they would make a better living working at Mc Donalds.

It is amazing how in some neighborhoods the kids learn it early too. I have seen many grade school kids try the toolboxes on my truck and look into the bed for goodies.

I guess they know that adult or child, they won't get diddly for it if they get caught, so why not do it?

Ted

Here at work, some one is breaking into our lunch bags and stealing our sandwichs. It is a sad day...... watch out for the pulled pork that has been sitting out in the sun for a week and then made into a tidy little sandwich..... :surprise:

If someone calls in sick, we will have a good guess who it WAS.

JS

I guess they know that adult or child, they won't get diddly for it if they get caught, so why not do it?

Yes, the risk-benefit factor is slim to nil. We need more deterant in this country. I don't care if simple thief sits in a cell 24/7 and get bread and water for a year. That should be sufficient deterant for those on the cusp of being a thief.

If you're mad now, and I would be, wait till you see what doesn't happen to the dirtbag in court. And those pistols were probably at a crackhouse in less than thirty minutes.

Edited by 21 shooter