Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gee, I'm bored. Hey, let's make babies!

ChrisStock

Three words sum it up. Stupid. Stupid. And oh yes...stupid. :angry2:

Another trainload of unneeded mouths to feed on the public dime. WTF were they thinking?! Mindbogglingly dumb. No wonder I am ready to load up my pack and become a hermit in the forest with my pup...the world has gone insane.

Some teenage boy was thinking he had it made! Wonder what they're thinking now.

One thing that really bothers me is that these girls used the school nurses office like a PLanned Parenthood Center. :surprise:

Welcome to today's public education. Apparently not many of today's parents agree with you.

One thing that really bothers me is that these girls used the school nurses office like a PLanned Parenthood Center. :surprise:

What really bothers me is the lack of instilling critical thinking skills in these teenagers. Deep thinking vs rope memorization is a dying art. These girls at that age should have enough understanding to not make life altering decisions whimsically. Parents don't discuss the underlying issues shown as acceptible not addressed in TV shows and movies with their kids, and so the kids never see the truely disturbing problems in modern entertainment or decision making.

For example, the huge blockbuster movie 'Titanic' the one of the most immoral movies I have ever seen. I hated it. Main character engaged a man for money, cheats on him, they all die but her and so she steals a priceless necklace and changes her name so she wouldn't get caught. Now years later she has a kid with a 3rd man. She ultimately dies and see the love of her life... the guy she cheated with, not the guy she lived years with and had and raised a kid with. Jesus, its Jerry Springer on the big screen. Made billions.

The following book should be mandatory reading in 8th or 9th grade, hell, it should be a whole semester class:

'Amusing Ourselves To Death' by Neil Postman.

Hey, I have 8th graders in the school I was at last year walking around with babies and some more preggers. It is quite disturbing. Many of them openly are dating guys in their 20's and the city or county won't prosecute because they would rather hope the dad is around to help raise the kid.

I'm from Massachusetts and Gloucester isn't a poor town either which surprises me. I can't imagine how these kids will be able to raise kids. It's a total shame. My wife and I had our first son on Monday and we are a bit overwelmed with everything. However, we planned everything and are more than able to provide what this kid needs. When we were at the birthing classes there were a few very young girls having babies and most of them were there with their mothers and not the baby's dad.

Sad Sad World!!!!

Pete

No worse than all the females in the Army that are getting pregnant to avoid deployments and/or get chaptered and discharged "honorably". Just my opinion though.

Rich

+100000000000

I'm a Brigade Rear Detachment Commander - the stories I could tell you about Pregnant Soldiers. Some have gotten conviently pregnant for each of the past three deployments. To get pregnant before receipt of a deployment order is one thing, but to get pregnant one week before SRP is, in my opinion, malingering. Again - my views, not the Army's.

I really miss the Army I joined in 1986 - sigh.

WTF were they thinking?!

Chris - Whatever gave you the idea they thought this through?

It sucks being the taxpayers footing the bill for this, but it's going to suck even more for the poor kids they're bringing into the world. No father, just an anonymous sperm donor by choice - the kids are going to have to live this down for the rest of their lives. The best thing for the kids would be to be given up for adoption, so they could have a real family. 100 years ago, a 16 year old girl was far better prepared to be a mother than one is now.

Three words sum it up. Stupid. Stupid. And oh yes...stupid. :angry2:

Another trainload of unneeded mouths to feed on the public dime. WTF were they thinking?! Mindbogglingly dumb. No wonder I am ready to load up my pack and become a hermit in the forest with my pup...the world has gone insane.

This was on O'Reilly, and there were even more details brought out than this story:

- There were 17 pregnancies, yes. But that was out of about 200+ tests girls had requested during the same period. So it probably goes WAY beyond the 17 "successes".

- This school has in-house day-care for its students with children. Even CELEBRATES them -- stunts like a pep-rally gig with the little mommies running their babies in strollers in some choreographed BS around the cheerleaders.

So where behavior that injured society was once stigmatized, now it's not PC to in any way treat this type of behavior like the stupid slut crap that it is. And of course, the media goo-goos over any single celebrity mom.

Maybe someone remembers the ruckus and liberal patronizing that went on when Dan Quayle suggested that celebrating a single mom on the show "Murphy Brown" wasn't very smart. Seems like he saw this coming . . .

"Teen pact behavior -- whether to get pregnant or to commit suicide -- has the same underlying characteristics," notes Dr. Carole Lieberman, Beverly Hills psychiatrist and a clinical faculty member at UCLA. "The act the teenagers conjure up together is forbidden and self-destructive, and therefore must be kept secret."

And as with many past instances of teen pacts -- such as an April 2007 suicide pact in Australia and another in June of the same year in Ireland -- the parents of the teens involved likely had little clue as to what was going on until it was too late.

"The members of the pact develop trust, camaraderie and rebelliousness by sharing this secret," Lieberman says. "These bonds then impel them to commit the forbidden act that they wouldn't have the courage to do on their own."

Link to full ABC News Article

Tell you someone else who I am feeling for, the little sisters and brothers of those kids having babies. I have a sister four years my senior growing up. She got pregnant and had a kid at sixteen and again at eighteen. Before the babies we were six living in a small three room one bath, no A/C in the desert near where I live now. It was tough having to try and grow up in a small place with two nephews. With both my parents working, very often, my other sister and I would be watching our nephews after school and on weekends.

I will tell you that I grew up in a very religious home. It would seem some of us listened when told about what could happen as a result of certain behavior and some of us weren't. Not all parents are neglectful by nature, some are just not as good as others. I know our parents loved us, they just seemed to make bad decisions that had negative effects on our financial and familial lives. This will effect them for the rest of their lives and I can assure you that will not really sink in for most of them for years. I think I realized it even before my sister did and she had the kids! It wasn't until we had all moved away and she was forced to make it on her own with her children that she got her life together.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE, she is doing well and is married with other children grown and out of the house. While not my favorite person, she is a decent parent and has a decent husband too. So while this is not a good thing, I hope these girls do at least as well as my sister, and that their siblings take it better than I did. I still have trouble being forgiving about it. :(

Seems that the story was never really fact-checked:

Pregnant Massachusettes Teen Says There Was No Pact

City officials have been reeling for a week since Principal Joseph Sullivan told Time magazine that girls had gotten pregnant on purpose, celebrating with high-fives and plans for baby showers when they learned in the school health clinic they were expecting.

Sullivan has not spoken publicly about his comments and has failed to respond to repeated interview requests.

Being from the state of Mass I can only say it's par for the course. No accounabilty, no shame, no real family values.

Back in the day... lets say 150+ years ago the ages of these girls put them in the catagory to be married and responsible for the family they were starting...no big deal. Just another day. So biologically speaking its nature, but today, with the lack of accountability, responsibility and the "take care of me I'm stupid to live" attitude its just a damn shame!

God bless those children and lets hope that a least a few of them add some productivity to this world!

..."a 16 year old girl was far better prepared to be a mother than one is now."
You sure got that right. Because 100 (or more) years ago the parents of those girls both taught them responsibilities and skills for survival. People worked hard and families were a little closer-knit than many are now. Plus, they didn't have electronic media. <_<

These stupid (utterly and completely stupid) 16-yr-old twits of today just haven't got a clue. And neither do their parents, apparently. :angry2:

..."a 16 year old girl was far better prepared to be a mother than one is now."
You sure got that right. Because 100 (or more) years ago the parents of those girls both taught them responsibilities and skills for survival. People worked hard and families were a little closer-knit than many are now. Plus, they didn't have electronic media. <_<

These stupid (utterly and completely stupid) 16-yr-old twits of today just haven't got a clue. And neither do their parents, apparently. :angry2:

Those kind of parents have a name....but forum policy prevents me from applying it

Jim