Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Single Stack?

P.E. Kelley

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real teaser is going to be seeing how they go from .45 to 9mm with the same slide.

Maybe a license from SV????? The Peters/Stahl slide reappears?? Or some other innovative way to change the breechface?

The real teaser is going to be seeing how they go from .45 to 9mm with the same slide.

Maybe a license from SV????? The Peters/Stahl slide reappears?? Or some other innovative way to change the breechface?

No wonder you build great guns JPL.

I too am familiar with both methods.

However.....Some other innovative way

Patrick

They stepped the breechface?

It sure looks like there's something different going on there. Is this SS or plated? Has SA finally gotten away from the butter-soft stainless and gone with something that doesn't peen over the slide stop? I'd pretty much given up entirely on SA pistols after the last one I bought.

Can't wait for the article Pat! :)

Thanks for the preview! It will be interesting to see how well this works. A stepped breechface sounds interesting but the firing pin would have to be fairly extended and the extractor physics were already mentioned. It seems that most 1911s need some tweaking (Not a SA bash as I own two) so this one may need 3x. Time will tell if this Swiss army pistol will work. The major problem that I see is that I would always wind up at the range with the wrong mags! :(

Later,

Chuck

Thanks for the preview! It will be interesting to see how well this works. A stepped breechface sounds interesting but the firing pin would have to be fairly extended and the extractor physics were already mentioned. It seems that most 1911s need some tweaking (Not a SA bash as I own two) so this one may need 3x. Time will tell if this Swiss army pistol will work. The major problem that I see is that I would always wind up at the range with the wrong mags! :(

Later,

Chuck

carry them all.

Later,

Chuck

carry them all.

I should of said the wrong mags on my belt!

It works FLAWLESSLY!!!

Just a random bit of corroboration... I'm not sure how many calibers he played with during the weekend, but I know PK shot this gun at the First Annual Washington State Steel Challenge Championship, and... he was grinning the whole time.

B

OK, I wanna win a free issue of Front Sight. :P

The link looks different. The extractor s/u looks different. Maybe there's a feature on the side of the breechface opposite the extractor that forces the case to remain engaged to the extractor. Maybe an eccentric screw with a ratcheted detent. Maybe it's just spring-loaded at the same rate the extractor is and automatically adjusts.