Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRON MAN

MOVIE WAS VERY GOOD!! :D I could've easily sat there for another two hours of movie!

It would be great if Duane would enlighten us with a brief history of Iron Man as also give us his take on the flic.

IMO Downey, Jr. was excellent giving the role a humorous take. I don't remember Tony Stark being funny in the cartoons, actually I don't remember much, so this was a refreshing refresher. When's the sequel comin' out? I'm ready!

Geez, you want a history? I can do that. Just let me see the movie first. Which will happen next week. I will say, in advance. that when I heard Robert Downey, Jr. had been tapped to play Tony Stark I thought it was a stroke of genius.

yeah, his flippant, eccentric playboy attitude with the lib reporter cracked me up. :roflol:

Somehow they steered it past the hard left it looked like it was going to take.

Overall fun, but even at 2 hours, I could've used 20 more min or figuring things out and exposition.

overall best superhero movie so far, an 8.5 / 10

Geez, you want a history? I can do that. Just let me see the movie first. Which will happen next week. I will say, in advance. that when I heard Robert Downey, Jr. had been tapped to play Tony Stark I thought it was a stroke of genius.

A good friend of mine is a movie critic back east and a big comic book fan. I made a comment about the casting being funny and he said that Downey was perfect. He also like the movie very much. I would post a link but he didn't get paid to review this one so it isn't out there to link to.

-ld

Fantastic movie. My favorite so far for 2008. Robert Downy was a great choice to play Tony Stark. Looking around the theatre during some of the sequences there were people litteraly sitting on the edge of their seats.

Awesome movie! For those who haven't seen it yet, when you do go watch it, stay till the very end...i.e. after the credits for a nice suprise that'll make you go, YES!!!! :roflol: Oh and I saw a preview for an upcoming Robert Downey, Jr. movie with Ben Stiller called Tropic Thunder...looks funny

You know, I intially was pissed when I heard that Downey was cast as Tony.......but upon reflection the character Tony Stark had it made, got a mortal wound and survived, had demons and turned into an alcoholic, had mental issues due to the Armor, essentially a flawed character. Who ever cast Downey hit the nail on the head...... :rolleyes:

I was not happy with the newest Movie length animated story where they "redid" Iron Man, but it was neat nontheless, and it appears that they adapted the movie from both the original series and some things from the recent released Animated movie as well.

I cant wait to see the movie....

DougC

Liota and I just got back from seeing it at the Alamo Drafthouse (a movie theater with couch potato service...they bring you food, any of dozens of kinds of beer, popcorn, beer, ice cream, beer, beer, and beer). What a country...oh, the movie...

Having been an Iron Man fan since the mid-seventies, I looked forward to the movie with some trepidation. However...wow. I was REALLY impressed. The dialogue was snappy and amusing, the pacing and transitions were well done, and the special effects were amazing. Stan Lee got to hang out with hot chicks this time instead of with Lou Ferrigno (or just out watering his lawn), which was pretty funny.

Watch for Rhodie's custom ringtone when Tony calls him, too...cute inside joke.

And yes, stay after the credits for a quick 30-second cut scene for dialogue about some muth^%#$&ing sequels :roflol:

Highly recommended!

And Indy IV is next...May is a pretty good movie month :D

Alex

Edited by Wakal

Awsome show !!!! ;)

The only thing was the ending came far too soon. I could of sat there another 2 hours, as always,

the window is open for #2....

:huh: I dont remember Halliburton providing arms for Osama ??? :lol:

They say the best weapon is the one you never have to fire.

I prefer the weapon you only need to fire....... ONCE.

That's how Dad did it,

That's how America does it..

And it's worked out pretty well so far.

Classic. :cheers:

Great movie. Like everyone else said, Robert Downey Jr. nailed the role perfectly. Probably the best comic book movie so far. Sequel is in 2010. I've heard some rumors of Robert Downey Jr. having a cameo as either Tony Stark/Iron Man in the upcoming Incredible Hulk.

Took my Pops to see it today...what an outstanding movie! Knowing nothing about the Iron Man character, I was still quickly drawn into the story and immensely entertained. Apparently a fair amount of the dialog was ad-libbed, such as the Jerico speech and the sit down press conference.

Great sh!t man :)

Ironman was always pretty much my favorite superhero, I have been waiting all of my life for this movie, and I wasn't let down at all, it was excellent. It opened here on May 1st, and I went to the first viewing. I was excited hours afterwards. Excellent job they did on it.

Saw it last night. I was never really a fan of the Iron Man comics but the movie was much better than the comics I remember. Definitely the best of the Marvel movies yet. My ears perked when Agent Coulson said "just call us S.H.I.E.L.D.". My comment when I saw the end of the credits, ''Sweet!'

Edited by pas44

The plot was too predictable. The action scenes could have been a little more involved.

I liked the characters & the actors chosen to play them.

But I liked it better the first time I saw it, when it was called Spiderman.