Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Highest Rank In IDPA?

Duane Thomas

I shot my first classifier today. My goal was to at least make marksman in ESP so that I would be eligible to enter in the CA state championship in October. Ended up being just 18 points shy of Expert and landed in Sharpshooter on our unofficial tally. Oh well, I met my personal goal and have new goals to work for.

Edited by EngelMacher

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just match bumped to Master in SSP.

Congrats!

My goal this year was to make EX in ESP via match bump. Missed it back in May by .09sec! Sandbaggers withstanding, I'm looking to get a bump in Oct.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just joined IDPA November 2013 (last year). I shot in 3 local matches before shooting a classifier (which I made MM in SSP class with a Glock 19). I have been an avid hunter/shooter since 10 years old - come from bench shooting, long range rifle and shotgun. I am addicted to competitive pistol shooting. This year I hope to classify as Sharpshooter or higher in SSP and at least MM in CDP. Just trying to find more time to practice. Look forward to connecting with other competitive shooters out there.

I would love to connect with others on IDPA. I shoot in North Carolina (Charlotte), South Carolina (Greenville and Spartanburg, SC) pretty regularly at local matches. Hoping this year I can dedicate more time to the sport.

All the Best,

Robert Alexander

A335784

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2014 classification after 4 years off I made it back to ESP/EX and SSP/SS shooting it two weekends in a row with a mulligan lol. I was bumped to Master by match director around 2008? I listed EX for pole.

A18984

Edited by Tacblack

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Classified as SS in CDP, ESP and SSP last week. It's going slowly, but it is moving in the right direction ... finally. I had an FTE on the strong-hand string in Stage 1, which cost be about 6 or 7 seconds. But I still made it :).

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this thread and realized I need to reclassify! It's been about two years since I've done one. It seems I am a SS in ESP, MM in BUG (by default), and U in the only division I shot this year, REV. I'd probably classify EX in REV at the moment, I normally outshoot semi auto guys who are SS classified. Maybe with some practice this winter I can sneak into the MA class next year.

Edited by Alaskan454