Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sky-high petrol...

SiG Lady

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an aside here, yoiu can get 3% off (5% for companies) if you use an AMEX. Also Exxon/Mobil has Speed-pass which gives you 5 cents off for the first 90 days. Couple that up to your AMEX card.

Not great, but over 20 Cent break at current prices.

Jim

I usually don't take great notice of the price because whatever it costs, I gotta have it. But today I couldn't help but stare with loathing as I watched the $3.38/gal numbers spin like a roulette wheel while filling up.

(sigh)

SF Bay Area prices are hovering around $3.75 (reg) - $4.11 (super) in the East Bay. In South SF where I work, its $4.11 (reg) - $4.25(super). sux.. :(

I pretty much figure I have to have it, so I don't spend as much money on stuff I don't need and try to spend more on shooting. As a result, I'm actually saving money.

It's right around the corner, that $4 gallon of gas....

The price of petrol went up $0.10 overnight!! Yes, overnight!! I paid $3.90/gal this morning.

I nearly got sick to my stomach. :sick: Sick, I tell you!

Gas prices here are setting record highs every day. My main driving car takes premium so I don't notice what the price is on regular gas. I needed a fill up and drove past one station that wanted 3.91 to fill up at the station that wanted 3.85. There was a station mentioned on the news with with a lower price, but it was across town. Fill up was $54.00.

Spring is almost here, which means that it's now time to mow the grass and use the weed whacker and break out the motorcycle. And that means that I need to fill up the various gas cans and my half empty truck. That'll get the total over $100.00 easy. I'm sure glad that I'm retired and can cut back on other things so that I can afford to buy the gas needed to go to the range for practice or to out of town matches.

I'm just astoundingly lucky at the moment (despite the low wages involved) that my office job is only 1 mile from my home... and my volunteer work is barely 3.5 miles (both one-way trips, we're talking about here). If either were any farther out, I simply wouldn't be able to afford it. If my volunteer gig were at a non-profit agency (the County of Lane is, technically, not a non-profit agency, even though it's leaking money like a seive), United Way would cover my mileage costs up to $30 a month--but, alas, the County is not considered that kind of agency.

Either way, petrol will likely be $4/gal in a matter of days, barring some miraculous sort of occurrence or divine intervention. And I'm not counting on it. The divine intervention, that is. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

This came out today...the top 10 CHEAPEST gas per GALLON.........yep that is CENTS

1. Venezuela .10

2. Iran .40

3. Saudi Arabia .45

4. Libya .50

5. Swaziland .54

6. Qatar .73

7. Bahrain .81

8. Russia .88

9. Egypt .89

10. Kuwait .90

Edited by DrawandDuck

I'm sure there are others with longer commutes than mine, but I travel 80 miles/day round trip to work. Doesn't include any running around after I get off work.

My truck, when I drive it like I like, get's about 15 mpg. That means I use over 26 gallons a week just to go back and forth to work. At 3.50/gal thats over $93 a week just for gas. I gotta have it. I have made improvements by slowing down. My gas mileage when from about 15 to about 19.5 mpg by driving at the speed limit or under. It didn't endear me to other drivers on two lane roads, but then, they aren't paying my fuel bills either :mellow:

I just wish my company would give cost of living raises each year just to let me keep up :angry2:

FWIW

dj

I just reread the post and,boy does it sound whiney :roflol:

I gotta have it, I guess I aughta quit my bitchin' :cheers:

dj

Edited by dajarrel