Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sky-high petrol...

SiG Lady

I drove out to Tulsa. I think the highest price I paid was $3.59 and the lowest was maybe $ 3.39.

Imagine my surprise when the same station that was $3.59 out was $ 4.19 home! I was told they went up $0.17 in one day!

Halfway home the prices got crazy, varied by station over $0.30 at the same exit! More interesting was the fact that Diesel was apparently unaffected by all this. In many stops Diesel was cheaper than Regular by as much as $0.30.

I think that there is definitely more than a little gouging going on.

Jim

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of 'prices going up in one day"...

From the Here-We-Go-Again Department: I dropped in on the nearby Chevron station about 48 hours ago to notice that supreme had gone from $3.18 to $3.30 overnight!!! Holy crap. :surprise:

Speaking of 'prices going up in one day"...

From the Here-We-Go-Again Department: I dropped in on the nearby Chevron station about 48 hours ago to notice that supreme had gone from $3.18 to $3.30 overnight!!! Holy crap. :surprise:

wow,

I wish gas was that cheap here, reg. is $3.91, it'll be over 4 buck by summer :angry2::sick::angry:

• 11 months later...

And I have to put 92 octane in my IS300, no cheap regular unleaded for me :(

Yeah... I use the 92 in my vortex max. Last Sunday it was 4.99999999999. Anybody want to buy a 12 mpg truck? :huh:

My Suzuki DL 1000 VStrom is getting a lot more riding time. My mountain bike get's pressed into use for the shorter trips.

It's going to get a helluva lot worse before it even thinks about getting better. Remember this when you vote.:angry2:

Pat

Regular unleaded here is now up to $4.899999/gal. My little 5spd inline 6 IS300 gets 20-30 mpg but it still sucks putting in super unleaded at $5.09999 a gallon :huh: Gonna get me a bicycle to ride to work already. the oil billionaires are loving it right now.

Edited by SIG shooter

And I have to put 92 octane in my IS300, no cheap regular unleaded for me :(

Yeah... I use the 92 in my vortex max. Last Sunday it was 4.99999999999. Anybody want to buy a 12 mpg truck? :huh:

Whoah, DonT. Thats nuts. I wont whine about putting 92 octane in my little shoyu burner anymore.... :P

Maui gasoline prices:

Regular.........$4.89.9

Plus............$4.99.9

Premium.........$5.09.9

No. 2 Diesel....$4.64.9

My wholesale diesel price is maybe 15 cents cheaper.

Geez I wish I still had my bike.