Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sky-high petrol...

SiG Lady

I am tired of what Other countries pay for Gas. We would pay a hell of lot less if we could pokes some holes in mother earth without the cry of GREENPEACE! <_< 10 miles from me in Mexico they are paying 2.14 gallon for diesel and 2.35 for reg. unleaded! Oh and laughing at us!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tired of what Other countries pay for Gas. We would pay a hell of lot less if we could pokes some holes in mother earth without the cry of GREENPEACE! <_< 10 miles from me in Mexico they are paying 2.14 gallon for diesel and 2.35 for reg. unleaded! Oh and laughing at us!

i think im getting a big tank in the back of my truck and heading over to mexico for some cheap diesel... 4.59 a gallon right now its just getting crazy!!!!

I could understand when hurricane Katrina knocked out major refineries and the cost of diesel fuel went up $1.80 over night, but that refinery is back up and going again and the prices are higher now than they have ever been. Maybe it took Katrina to show them we would pay whatever it took. It's really getting out of hand. What is it going to take to get it back down under $3.00 like it was before Katrina and who is going to do it?!?! :angry2: :angry2: :angry:

It's getting to the point that some folks, especially minimum wagers and part timers, are going to be spending more on gasoline to go to work than they're making.

Fort Worth PD just arrested some folks for stealing gasoline from convenience stores when they were closed. Somehow the thieves got the pumps to run without paying and pumped hundreds of gallons. :surprise:

Edited by HighVelocity

I could understand when hurricane Katrina knocked out major refineries and the cost of diesel fuel went up $1.80 over night, but that refinery is back up and going again and the prices are higher now than they have ever been. Maybe it took Katrina to show them we would pay whatever it took. It's really getting out of hand. What is it going to take to get it back down under $3.00 like it was before Katrina and who is going to do it?!?! :angry2::angry2::angry:

I was thinking like a $1.86; my income is going down, not up...

FM

• 3 weeks later...

Nauseating Update Department: The price at the above noted Chevron station today is $4.65/gal. :surprise:

I won't even tell you what I think of that. I'm no longer sure if there are even rational words for it.

There just does not seem to be a rational explanation for any of it.

Why is the price of oil going up so fast ? Supply is not gone away. Demand has not increased.

I think that we, as consumers, need to push back. If McD's raised prices at this rate, regardless of cost of beef, we'd stop going.

If a BigMac cost twice what it did 18 months ago they would not sell a one. So why do we line up like nursing piglets ? It's crazy.

We have cut back. One trip instead of 3. Putting off a trip until we have no other choice or walking to go get it.

I refuse to pay $ 4.50 for a gallon of gas.

There just does not seem to be a rational explanation for any of it.

Why is the price of oil going up so fast ? Supply is not gone away. Demand has not increased.

Actually it has, not only here but in other parts of the world as well. Europe has always paid twice as much for petroleum products. The statistics on the fuel consumption around the world increasing daily is astounding. We've all cut way back but consumption continues to increase.

I refuse to pay $ 4.50 for a gallon of gas.

Lance Armstrong is now offering biking classes, better sign up! Am I the only one that noticed a trend in sky rocketing gas prices that begin immediatly after Hurricane Katrina? When that refinery went down prices doubled over night, the ************ took note and now they are gouging the mess out of us. The rest of the world is paying for it too.

Edited by ima45dv8
Removed objectionable reference

Yes, I'm equally appalled by the price of diesel. It used to be that diesel fuel was way-cheapo compared to gasoline of any kind. I actually owned a diesel automobile at one time during those "way-cheapo" times. I couldn't imagine paying for diesel fuel right about now, however...... :ph34r::wacko:

And some idiots think we are in Iraq because of oil. If we were would have just taken it. I hope McCain is elected and decides to do so in order to use the oil to pay for the rebuilding funds.

Speculators only need to put up about 10% to buy oil futures, stock futures require 50% as money moves out of equities it is apparently going into energy.

If the speculators had to put up the same as they do in equities, much of the problem would be gone. BUT now that it its here, it needs to be handled carefully, a lot of pension money has gone to energy. If the rules were to change and cause say a 50% reduction in energy costs it could make the cot com and housing bubbles pale by comparison.

Then again, I could be full of it.

Jim

Speculators only need to put up about 10% to buy oil futures, stock futures require 50% as money moves out of equities it is apparently going into energy.

If the speculators had to put up the same as they do in equities, much of the problem would be gone. BUT now that it its here, it needs to be handled carefully, a lot of pension money has gone to energy. If the rules were to change and cause say a 50% reduction in energy costs it could make the cot com and housing bubbles pale by comparison.

Then again, I could be full of it.

Jim

Jim, I'm afraid you are right on top of it about the bubble. I don't know what it will take, something like a new oilfield or drilling in a preserve or a new source of energy, but the bubble will burst, even without a rules change, and a lot of people will lose money. I guess that's the price we pay when someone else is speculating with our money. I personally wouldn't use a broker that won't put my money where his is, but that's another thread...

But... when the bubble burst, gas prices will fall. Probably not as much as the drop in crude, but they will drop. Unfortunately someone has to pay and as you mentioned it may be pension funds.

Can't hardly win either way.

dj

There are only two real reasons the price of oil has gone up. The

first is that more people are using the stuff. And the new users are not

the same as the old users. The old users – in the U.S.A. and Europe – are

much more sensitive to price pressure than the new users. Incomes in

America have been more or less stagnant for 30 years. When the price of

gasoline goes up, people have to take money out of other household budgets

in order to make it up – or, drive less. Currently, they’re doing both.

But the new users live in places such as India, Russia, China, and Brazil.

They can afford to use more energy, even with rising prices, because their

own incomes are doubling every 7 to 10 years.

A stable or declining supply of oil on the world market and increasing world demand.

• 2 months later...

Carpool to matches. Turns out one of the best parts about this sport are the interesting people that are attracted to it. This will force you to talk to people to avoid uncomfortable silence. You may find yourself actually talking to the person instead of about something. It creates the danger of having more fun. Walk more. Most of us need more exercise anyway. Stay home and make ammo, practice kinesthetics (dry fire and practice your draw.) I suppose you could clean your gun too! One place is pretty much the same as another. Do we really need to GO as much as we do? Sit. You probably need to do it more anyway. If we get together and quit sending boatloads of money to people that hate us, will it come out badly? Really DO some Yoga, it will improve your shooting and disposition.

"Always store Beer in a dark place!"

Lazarus Long

• 2 weeks later...

Go into work around 9 come out at 4 and gas jumped .40 here in Birmingham to $3.99 per gallon for regular.....EVERY gas station I passed (at least 9) were PACKED with cars waiting in Line.....unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DrawandDuck

Actually, petrol has dropped (in my neighborhood) from $4.60/gal to $3.99/gal over the past few months, but--yes--the storm might affect that somehow. Sure hope not. I've sacrificed a LOT of other activities (including shooting!) just to keep petrol in the motor for over a year now.