Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stung on the lip by bug in my Diet Dr Pepper (no kidding)

Was talking to a customer on the phone, picked up my can of Diet Dr. Pepper on my desk and took a sip. Quickly pulled away when I felt a puncture on the inside of my upper lip to find the following @#$% crawling out of the can. Took 2 benadryl, looks like severe allergic reaction not going to happen this time, fortunately. Only a slightly swollen upper lip. Anyone know what this is?

wasp.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_killer

This was my guess. I compared it to the Potter and the potter looks to have a few too many abdomen rings (not the proper term, but anyway).

If you've never seen one in action they are a hoot. They'll land on the back of a cicada, sting it several times, then grasp it with its legs and take off with it. Pretty awesome. Kinda like the Sikorsky Skycrane of the insect world, except with weaponry.

Edited by BigDave

"Stung through the lip, and you're to blame...You give love a bad name."

Don't ask.

Reneet, you might want to look into getting an epi pen if you have moderate/severe allergies to these beasts. It's a pita, but WELL worth it if you need one.

"Stung through the lip, and you're to blame...You give love a bad name."

Don't ask.

Reneet, you might want to look into getting an epi pen if you have moderate/severe allergies to these beasts. It's a pita, but WELL worth it if you need one.

I'll second that bit of advice --- some allergies will get worse with repeated exposure....

HORNET!! I kill on sight! They like to make nests in between old card board boxes and stuff. Very resilient insects. I have a special spray for them specifically, it's not a poison. Dielectrical juice, one hit and they get insta-zapped! But sometimes I like to hit them with hammers and stuff to practice my accuracy...

HORNET!! I kill on sight! They like to make nests in between old card board boxes and stuff. Very resilient insects. I have a special spray for them specifically, it's not a poison. Dielectrical juice, one hit and they get insta-zapped! But sometimes I like to hit them with hammers and stuff to practice my accuracy...

Oh the fun we had as kids torturing insects. Can anyone say Lysol and a book of matches? :devil:

My son in law had a bee in his DP and it stung the top of his mouth back near the base of his tongue. :blink: = he spit the Bee out but its stinger and the stinger sack was stuck to the roof of his mouth.

I used my pocket knife to "scrap" it out so as not to squeeze the sack and inject more venom.

<_< its a strange thing to put a knife that far in someones mouth.