Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marine war vet gets big surprise from STI, Dawson and local Clubs

KGentry

Believe me when I say - it was priceless to see Jamies face when I told him James had one leg one eye and one ear! Jamie normally has a great tan going - he was as white as you can get hahahaha!! But he is right - James has a way of not making a big deal of it and somehow putting you at ease. Great story Jamie!! I want to say one last thing -

HUSTON LA CLAIR - GREAT JOB BUDDY!!!!

Here is a photo of James and some of the supporters

post-9675-1207621470.jpg

Edited by KGentry

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wanted to thank all the people and companies involved that made this presentation happen - Shooter Connection - STI - Dawson - Zero - Dillon - Magnus Bullets - Starline and all the local clubs - people do care!!

Not like anyone has to mention it, but keep these companies in mind when you are shopping for new stuff!!

Wonderful job to everyone involved, what a fantastic tribute to a very deserving Marine.

And.... do we have an April MOM yet?? My vote is for Huston in Austin as our next MOM.

Thanks for sharing this story guys, it's made my day.

I also wanted to thank all the people and companies involved that made this presentation happen - Shooter Connection - STI - Dawson - Zero - Dillon - Magnus Bullets - Starline and all the local clubs - people do care!!

Not like anyone has to mention it, but keep these companies in mind when you are shopping for new stuff!!

Wonderful job to everyone involved, what a fantastic tribute to a very deserving Marine.

And.... do we have an April MOM yet?? My vote is for Huston in Austin as our next MOM.

Thanks for sharing this story guys, it's made my day.

Not to take anything away from this thread but I just placed an order with starline for 3K supercomp which I have purchased from another supplier in the past (for $24 per K less). I told them of this great video on BE and due to their support of this project it has earned them a new customer. I also e-mail Chuck (who already has all my business) to thank him for his support. I will have e-mailed everyone on the list by tonight. I know this is a small gesture but I want to thank the vendors for supporting GREAT projects/Shooters such as James in hopes they continue their support in the future....

I have watched the vid 4 more times along with my wife and I get goose bumps.........and might I add not many things do that!!

Thanks again to everyone who had a part in this and to James for his service!

Randal

I wanted to share a video of what happened at our local club this weekend. We have a USPSA shooter that is also a Marine that was injured in the Iraq war - his name is James Gill - He comes to many matches in the area and shoots very well - you never hear him complain that with one leg one eye he is having a hard time - NO - he shoots outstanding and has a great attitude. One of Austin's shooters and club member here at the Bullet Hole - Huston LaClair decided that this young man deserved something more than our friendship since he gave up so much to protect our freedoms! Huston got together an impressive list of Company's to donate and discount products to help this shooter shoot open division - he really wanted to shoot open but was having a hard time getting the massive funds together at one time to get started. In the end - Huston was able to gather up a New Grandmaster from STI and Dave Dawson - Tuned and ready - Shooter Connection donated a top of the line range bag with mags and the CR Speed complete rig with holster - Dillion 550 loader and all the goodies needed to reload!! 2000 Brass from Starline and 4000 Bullets from Magnus bullets and Zero! There are so many other things given you will need to watch the video! - Remember - he had no idea this was going to happen! All of the clubs in the area donated to the event and I wanted to thank all of them and the great companies for doing something that can make us all proud to shoot this sport!!! THANKS!!!

Just to be correct, The mags and CR Speed rig did not come from Chuck. Those came from someone wanting to remain anonymous. Chuck did leap at the chance to send the bag though. Thanks Chuck!

I just went back and watched it again to be sure it really happened. What a cool thing that is. What a thing that this country is forunate enough to have young men and women like James. And how lucky am I to know people who did something like that.---------------Larry

This is why I love the shooting sports. These are people who not only treasure their freedom but also understand the meaning and the costs to maintain it.

:cheers:

God Bless our American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines.

I did expect a good reaction to this story but the feedback is truly amazing!! Maybe we should contact Front Site to do the story mmmmmmmm

I thought that was a given.... :lol:

I can't put into words the feeling I have after watching the video. To all the people who were involved in this. I salute you. 1103png.gif Please give James my family's most sincere thanks for his service and sacrifice.

Edited by GamePlayer

With out a doubt- this is some of the best examples of the generocity in our sport- way to go to everyone incolved. And most impotantly thanks to James for his service and sacrifice for our country!!

I did expect a good reaction to this story but the feedback is truly amazing!! Maybe we should contact Front Site to do the story mmmmmmmm

Wow, this is beyond cool...words don't do it justice!

I think the Front Sight idea is great. I'm also wondering if this wouldn't be great to send to Military.com so that it can be shared with the Veteran community at large? I've had an account there for ages and they send out some pretty cool stories like this from time to time...just a thought.