Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your division for 2008?

North

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open, Limited, Limited 10 and Single Stack. ...............

Therefore, I am going to pick just four guns and stick with them. ;)

Tls

Nice one Tony ... I was thinking of trying SingleLimOpen10 this season also. B)

Hey, where are you guys that are shooting for free getting your free ammo??? :huh:

Join the Police Dept. and you'll find out!

I am planning on trying to improve in Production this year. As for Revolver, just trying to stay where I am at.

And I WILL be Single Stack'ing some, since if I do not Mr. Overlay will have something to say about my score sheets...... :lol:

So, I guess I will be trying to remember how 3 different firearms systems work. Any bets on how many times and ways I can fumble them up?

All kidding aside, I really do think that if you are serious about what you can achieve in USPSA, it is best to stick to one division.

However, I don't think you should just pick one at random or as a consequence of already owning this gun or that gun.

If it is expected that this will be a long term pursuit, then I think it is important to try them all before making that decision.

I also believe that its not something that you can do in one match or two.

You need at least a year in a division before you can really get a feel for it.

I expect that I will eventually settle into Limited.

That is where I seem to be the most comfortable, with Open running a very close second.

Until then its SingLimOpen10.

Tony

Production is where all the cool people hang out. Not sure why I'm there... :ph34r:

Not sure either, cause everyone knows "If it don't spin you can't get it in." Or to put it another way, "The spin crowd is the in crowd!" Having said all that trash, I will continue to try and keep from shooting myself in REVOLVER Division.

With two clubs here I will shoot Single Stack at one club until I run low on the issue .45 ball ammo I hoarded when I was on a guard team. I'll shoot Limited at the other until I get my Open gun to run good then switch to Open. May enter a couple of times as Limited 10 with the Limited gun until I get a classification. Could even shoot the SS as Limited 10 a couple of times. Too many guns, not enough time.

Could also, for sh**s and giggles, break out either a Glock or the Springfield XD and shoot Production. Have I left any out? :blink:

But my main goals are to shoot SS and Open. I made B class in time for the 88 Nationals shooting SS, I'd like to shoot well enough with it this year to make B class again.

I might stray to the world of Open...

But only if Neomet does too!

Bro' you better put the XD away and start working on your index with that Brazos. Henning is finishing up a custom open blaster for me as we speak and I can not wait. Just got back from another forray into the oh so blurry world of iron sight shooting at Tuesday Night Steel. It was painful, although my point shooting skills are doubtless improving, <_<

OPEN!!!!

And I have at least even money that Ms. Neomet will follow suit.

Open for me at least through Nationals. I do like to shoot production every once in awhile as it helps me to get better in open. I know it doesn't make sense, but I sometimes get sloppy shooting open with the dot, then when I go back to production, with iron sights and minor, it helps me slow back down and get my hits?

I'll be shooting REVOLVER division, and if my revolver gets the okay I'll be using it in PRODUCTION on occasion. Yeah, I said I would be shooting my revolver in production if I get the chance. Currently there are no Ruger revolvers that are approved for use in production.:angry:

It amuses me to shoot a Ruger Alaskan in USPSA (yeah the one with the 2 1/2" barrel and .454/.45 caliber) :lol: shooting .45 Colt.

Of course I recently got a Ruger Super Redhawk (7 1/2" barrel, .454/.45) as a backup. :goof:;)

Edited by Blueridge

As of now I am getting free ammo so I'll stick with Production. When money isn't such an issue I would love to try Limited or Open. The guns just look really cool B) and being able to shoot a stage without changing mags every time you move would be nice.

Free Ammo is what keeps me shooting Limited (luckily my dept. shoots .40) . If it wasn't for that fact, I would venture in to the Open world. I just refuse to buy a reloader and all the associated equipment when I can shoot Limited for free !!!!!!

See, that is the sad part. I bought a Dillon 550b last December and it is still sitting in the house....unused. I bought it to feed my Kimber but shortly after my purchase my Dept. went with the M&P and I haven't looked back.

Edited by dcarter

I've been shooting mostly SS since Sept and will continue to do so until Area 6. After that I will ready the limited blaster for the march to master! I will still shoot the SS during any match I get dared or have a second run :devil:

Production again for this year. Will throw in some L10, as I am hoping to shoot the back to back nats w/ a down and then up loaded G35.

In keeping with "sticking with it" to make progress, I'll prolly stay in Production until I get to A class, then decide either to push on to M there or back and do the same in my first passion, Limited.