Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midway USA Shipping $$$$

el pres

What gives ??? I saw a thread here somewhere about midway shipping ???

I just ordered some minor stuff from them cardboard targets, handtool, and only 200

223. bullets, and my shipping was $40.00 ??? WTF

They have always been really good with their shipping prices, is there a surcharge on

the bullets or something ??? <_<

I'd call them and ask. Maybe it's an error. Did you have an oversized item. I was going to buy target backing sheets [corrugated plastic] from them once and the shipping charges when you check out went up $20.

Been dealing with Midway for many years. They used to have free shipping, then they went to "fair and honest" shipping, but now they charge shipping and handling (ie: more profit). I now look elsewhere to buy if possible..........

Been dealing with Midway for many years. They used to have free shipping, then they went to "fair and honest" shipping, but now they charge shipping and handling (ie: more profit). I now look elsewhere to buy if possible..........

EXACTLY

A buddy of mine was interested in a job with Midway and after hearing his stories of being jerked around by these people, during the interview no less, I'll never buy anything from them.

They have got to realize that us shooters are kind of an introverted lot (look at the Meyers-Brigg personality inventory thread, for example), but we do still tend to "talk" very much amongst ourselves.

Nothing spreads faster in our circles than reports of crappy customer service or prices, both high and low.

They could learn a lesson from Dillon Precision.

The three fastest forms of communication are:

Telephone

Television

Tell-a-shooter

LOL, kinda

I had a dealer discount with Midway for several years. Suddenly one day I went to order and it had disappeared. After trading e-mails with them for two weeks they finally said my business name (which I have used for 25 years) did not meet their criteria. Now all my business (under my original business name) goes to Brownells or Grafs.

Keith

I tried Midway for a bullet order. The price was good. The bullets did not come but the catalog did, with a $17 shipping charge. I called, the recognized the mistake then we chatted about their shipping costs. I mentioned the one fee shipping from the USPS. I explained this is how Angus would ship the Zero's. Then the customer rep went into that 1K of bullets was 10 bags and therefore there was a handling charge and shipping was different. blah blah blah.

Like Keith I had been a "dealer" customer of Midway for several years. Then one day I was no longer a

dealer customer, but a retail customer. I talked to a couple of people from Midway, but got no where.

Exactly my situation. Over the last few years I have spent several thousand $$$'s elsewhere because of the shipping / handling.

I still use them for some big ticket purchases where their return policy comes in handy. They give you a whopping 90 days to return the item even without the original packaging. Plenty of time to find out if the manufacturer is going to jerk you around in the warranty game.

Like Keith I had been a "dealer" customer of Midway for several years. Then one day I was no longer a

dealer customer, but a retail customer. I talked to a couple of people from Midway, but got no where.

Been there-done that too!

I USED to order almost everything from them, but, it gets less and less every year.

I'm guessing with the targets you got dinged with "dimensional" weight. Once a package reaches a certain girth, the shipping companies add weight to account for the package taking up more room in their truck. I order stuff from Midway, usually sale things. Their shipping can be high. If you search for "free freight" on their site, you'll see some items that they do use the USPS flat rate boxes before. I've sent emails to them before about their high shipping costs on bullets and got a prompt response back from Mr. Potterfield. I was told that are experimenting with the flat rate shipping on a few items. I encouraged them to do more of that and advertise it and they just might get more business from the competition crowd. Drop them a line, be the squeaky wheel. Someone is reading the emails there.

• 3 weeks later...

I was getting ready to place an order with Midway about a month ago. A couple of the items were backordered. When I checked shipping, (which I thought was high to begin with) they were going to charge me shipping for what they had in stock and then again for what was backordered. I cancelled the backorder stuff.

I get some things from Midway but they have to be on sale at a heck of a price to balance out the outrageous shipping charges and sales tax.

Brownells gets most of my business because they always treat you right and make good on any problems without additional shipping charges.

Craig

I ordered two items (a Redding die and a Lee die) and was told that one needed to be backordered. OK. Well, the items arrived in two seperate packages with both being billed Shipping and Handling. THEY ARRIVED ON THE SAME DAY WITH AN IDICATED SAME DAY SHIPPING DATE!! No more future orders to Midway.

A-G

I just ordered some ramline .22 loaders from them. Loader weighs all of 1.5 lbs. Cost to ship a single loader $11.50. Now on an item that only costs $35 to begin with its kinda hard to swallow.

What is the shipping cost if you add more items to the same box you might ask? Well that's what I looked into and decided order a total of (4) loaders and it cost the same $11.50 to ship all (4). Makes you wonder about the "handling" aspect of S&H.

This seem strange because guys on another forum are raving about the wonderful service from Midway.

Should have said "No problems or complaints about shipping either" Sorry

Edited by chirpy

I have not had any problems with their service. The complaint is the way they

figure shipping charges, or at least it's my experience.

Why does something coming from a business 90 miles away from me cost more

for shipping than the same item from a business 900 miles away?

Craig

I have always had great service from Midway. They are a first rate company to do business with IMHO.

The online ordering shows you the S & H. Heck, you can even get an estimate as you go. It's not like they add it on after you place the order. that being said, it seems that lately, ever place I shop on line has excessive S&H. :(

I shop around & look at delivered cost, not just price of item. with Natchez, Midway, Brownells and Grafs just to name a few, you can shop and get the best deal.