Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Z and Nemo,

While admittedly I have a parochial and completely biased view, I would like to nominate a new member.

She has been shooting a short time, about 20 matches in total. She did try several things (including most regretably non-1911's) before seeing the light and coming to the one true faith.

She is now shooting Single Stack exclusively, and loves it. Her first single stack classifier was 49% and fellow snob's Alan Meek and Scout454 can verify that she has now seen the light.

The attached pictures show her first Single Stack gun (LB Concept VI) her current Single Stack gun (Spartan) and her future Single Stack Gun (LB PII). Additional items are that she communicates (i.e. gives me things to do) via PM on this forum, posting occasionally, and is the sweetest person I know. She is my wife, best friend, and constant companion. It is my hope that you will allow her to join the club of snobs.

Humbly submitted.

Ed

I will vouch for Ed's misses as soon as she makes the correct formal application :cheers:

It appears that only the paperwork is to be taken care of then

Her Benoverse name is T Deegan

Results from a current match:

Local Match Result

September 21, 2008 NORTH MOUNTAIN PRACTICAL SHOOTERS

Final results for Single_Stack

Place Name No. USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Match Pts Match %

1 8 A57440 B Single Stack Major No No No No 574.1934 100.00%

2 20 A50928 C Single Stack Major No No No No Senior 474.7122 82.67%

3 47 A61825 B Single Stack Major No No No No 444.6529 77.44%

4 12 A59950 D Single Stack Major No No No No 226.4484 39.44%

5 32 U Single Stack Major No No No No 224.3724 39.08%

6 39 A61415 U Single Stack Major No No No No 208.6488 36.34%

7 45 A61512 D Single Stack Major No No No No 182.4610 31.78%

8 52 U Single Stack Major No No No No 181.4950 31.61%

9 Tracy Deegan 9 A59532 U Single Stack Major Yes No No No 169.0769 29.45%

10 24 U Single Stack Major No No No No 133.8525 23.31%

11 42 A58934 D Single Stack Major No No No No 124.5525 21.69%

12 36 U Single Stack Major No No No No 95.2029 16.58%

Regretably, she did shoot Limited with Plastic, but hopefully since she is new to the game, you will forgive this transgression. Due to the obvious conflict of interest, I will not offer excuses.

I will go back and confirm that this completes the paperwork requirements.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HV

Anymore posts like that and I might amend the the membership guidelines, BEFORE Single Stack was a division, L10 was certainly a place for SSESC'ers to play, but certainly it is not any longer :angry2:

Transgressions like this will not be tolerated <_<

Ack! :surprise: I thought that SingleStack was about the gun, not what you were doing with it. It won't happen again. :blush:

There are NO :angry2: 10 round magazines in the Single Stack Division :cheers:

Z and Nemo,

While admittedly I have a parochial and completely biased view, I would like to nominate a new member.

She has been shooting a short time, about 20 matches in total. She did try several things (including most regretably non-1911's) before seeing the light and coming to the one true faith.

She is now shooting Single Stack exclusively, and loves it. Her first single stack classifier was 49% and fellow snob's Alan Meek and Scout454 can verify that she has now seen the light.

The attached pictures show her first Single Stack gun (LB Concept VI) her current Single Stack gun (Spartan) and her future Single Stack Gun (LB PII). Additional items are that she communicates (i.e. gives me things to do) via PM on this forum, posting occasionally, and is the sweetest person I know. She is my wife, best friend, and constant companion. It is my hope that you will allow her to join the club of snobs.

Humbly submitted.

Ed

I will vouch for Ed's misses as soon as she makes the correct formal application :cheers:

Local Match Result

Regretably, she did shoot Limited with Plastic, but hopefully since she is new to the game, you will forgive this transgression. Due to the obvious conflict of interest, I will not offer excuses.

I should think that approval is only a matter of Nemo showing up

Looking forward to having Miss T Deegan as a member

HV

Anymore posts like that and I might amend the the membership guidelines, BEFORE Single Stack was a division, L10 was certainly a place for SSESC'ers to play, but certainly it is not any longer :angry2:

Ack! :surprise: I thought that SingleStack was about the gun, not what you were doing with it. It won't happen again. :blush:

Not to comparerd to the Hatfields and McCoys but.... L10 tried mightily (as a broad statement) to crush the very concept of Single Stack before it was even birthed.... Old feelings run deep....

HV

Not to comparerd to the Hatfields and McCoys but.... L10 tried mightily (as a broad statement) to crush the very concept of Single Stack before it was even birthed.... Old feelings run deep....

Very well stated and eloquent!

Z and Nemo,

Humbly submitted.

Ed

Local Match Result

I should think that approval is only a matter of Nemo showing up

Looking forward to having Miss T Deegan as a member

Thank you good sir.

Dear Z, Nemo and Merlin, as well as other esteemed members of this elite organization.

Thank you for your consideration of my application for entrance to the finest organization (that will have me... )

I apologize profusely for handling, at one dark, dank time in my life, that other implement (forever banned from my hands) in the division of Limited. I can only express that I was miss-led, miss-informed, and completely ignorant of the true, one, beholden...Single Stack Division.

Please, take your time whilst considering my application - make your decision with a clear conscious and true belief that I would be an asset, not a liability, to this group.

I bow in your presence. :bow:

With the kindest regards, and a sincere heart,

T_Deegan

(aka Tracy)

(aka...aka...the Misses)

Dear Z, Nemo and Merlin, as well as other esteemed members of this elite organization.

Thank you for your consideration of my application for entrance to the finest organization (that will have me... )

I apologize profusely for handling, at one dark, dank time in my life, that other implement (forever banned from my hands) in the division of Limited. I can only express that I was miss-led, miss-informed, and completely ignorant of the true, one, beholden...Single Stack Division.

Please, take your time whilst considering my application - make your decision with a clear conscious and true belief that I would be an asset, not a liability, to this group.

I bow in your presence. :bow:

With the kindest regards, and a sincere heart,

T_Deegan

(aka Tracy)

(aka...aka...the Misses)

(aka Ed's Better Half first, foremost and always!)

Fixed it for you Tracy :cheers:

Be it known to all men (and to Ladyinblue) that T_Deegan is the most recent non-voting member of this great family of ours. Let's all welcome her.

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek Chairman Committee of Liaison with USPSA

9 - Catfish

10 - BONA-FIDE VACANT BOZ1911 (Is he in voting status today?)

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue

13 - CSE Martin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (a.k.a Lighteye67)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - RESERVED

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Baerburtchell

56 - bp78

57 - Rob Moore

58 - High Velocity

59 - want2race

60 - gotm4

61 - webbo

62 - tpcdvc

63 - bigsaxdog B)

64 - JKSNIPER

65 - nashvillebill

66 - ken hebert

67 - T_Deegan

You're in, Tracy!

B)

He can't be logically banned for a higher form of purity!

Yes he can, and you should be put on probation for sticking up for him.

There is no higher form of purity than the 1911! Revolvers are kids guns anyways!!! A tool for feeble-minded people......

While must preface my reply with the clear certainty that I am only a small and insignificant player in the grand game that is the Single Stack Elitist Snob Club I will answer the charge leveled against our fellow club member with this statement.....

To see a fellow member who, for whatever reason, has felt the urge to fondle or possess an instrument of shooting pleasure such as one who has the round whirling cylinder of the ancient times gone by..... I, for one, albeit perhaps with a twinge of sadness, look upon this with a slight smile and a gentle understanding. We should never leap to a harsh judgment of one such as our dear Brother 1212. Who can tell what circumstance of personal tragedies may have created this breach in our brothers behavior. I think, as Citizens of The World, Men and Women of honor, character and wisdom we should, while still maintain our keen sense of direction in our great organization, look upon this as when we see that smiling simple cousin who as a child, fell from the porch and landed upon his head.

Let us not be he has cast the first stone but realize with clear certainty, that for anyone of us, “there, but by the grace of our Lord, go I.”

:closedeyes:

Edited by Merlin Orr

He can't be logically banned for a higher form of purity!

Yes he can, and you should be put on probation for sticking up for him.

There is no higher form of purity than the 1911! Revolvers are kids guns anyways!!! A tool for feeble-minded people......

If I'm going to be banned or even the thought of being banned then somebody needs to man up and do it, I will NOT be on probation. I will NOT be talked down to when shooters of red dot guns go unpunished. If your going to ban the guy that has defeated limited/open shooters with his SS in open combat, let me rephrase that, was HOA on a stage with Limited/Open MASTER shooters present. That is going south to defend the rights of SS shooters against all things plastic. If you going to ban me then do so as I will walk the path of glory alone, defending those SSers that need it and conquering those that stand in my way. I have said my piece do as you will and stop the complaining.

Edited by steel1212

Now, now, settle down. Let us just suppose Dr. Martin got a little whiff of the anesthetics and is having a grumpy reaction. Read Brother Merlin's post above, have a bourbon and return to your preparations for the battle coming up this weekend.

Now, now, settle down. Let us just suppose Dr. Martin got a little whiff of the anesthetics and is having a grumpy reaction. Read Brother Merlin's post above, have a bourbon and return to your preparations for the battle coming up this weekend.

"With bourbon...spirit will settle"

Edited by steel1212

Geesh man.....I was just kidding around with ya' :roflol:

Probation/Banned offenses would be shooting production in a Single Stack/Production match, Claiming that a plastic gun was more reliable, saying JMB didn't really exist that Colt designed the 1911, at least in my mind. Even jokeing bout banning me from a club that is centered on the gun that I hold closest to my heart isn't funny at all. No I'm not emotional...just loyal. This is the only gun I own that isn't 1911 or 1911 based.