B)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome EERW and congrats on a covetted number :closedeyes:

I had a bit of an eye opener this evening, I found the Classifier percentage caluculator and used it for the few that I have shot since getting my USPSA membership. :(

Well, I am deffenitely safe in my classification of "D". Now I have to get my percentages out of the teens and move them up to the 40's :huh:

Oh well, at least this now gives me a goal to strive for.

Made an executive decision and jumped over number 70 to give our most recent member 71Commander the number that best suits his screen persona. Welcome aboard Mr. 71! :cheers:

FOR MEMBERSHIP UPDATE SEE POST 1822

71 - 71Commander

Also, because of his contributions to these boards and the shooting community, especially juniors shooters, Mr. Airedale has been upgraded to VOTING MEMBER STATUS and selected as SSES Junior Coordinator.

B)

Edited by Nemo

MEMORANDUM

TO: CSEMartin

RE: YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS

As of 12 October 2008, your membership has been temporarily suspended based on your rebellious, belligerent and insubordinate attitude and unreasonable demands. You are hereby granted until 11 November 2008, to submit correspondence to this board both retracting your comments and stating you will abide by the rules and regulations of the Single Stack Elitist Snob Club, or permanently resigning to your membership without possibility of reconsideration.

We look forward to read from you soon on this matter and sincerely expect you reconsider your position, since your membership was most valued until “the episode”. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Fellow Snobs,

After a disastrous Duracoat effort on my trusty 1911 slide, I had it bead blasted, and now it's back to it's native state. The frame is done up in matte black, and looks good, but the slide is in need of some color and coating lest it begin to rust. Suggestions on appropriate colors and brand of coating are needed and would be most welcome.

Chris

I humbly request the opportunity to be added to this elite group of purists. :) I have been waiting to for the numbers to reach "72" as that was the year I was born. I have been shooting SSTK exclusively since just before moving to NM. As a matter of fact the first gun I shot competition with was a Colt Combat Commader. The first handgun I bought was a Springfield 1911 on my 21st birthday and seem to always have one around since. Although I sell guns too often, I have owned 2 Springfields, a Kimber, a Colt, a Taurus, and now 2 from STI. I am classified as A class in SSTK division, although I am working on a better average. Here is a photo of my latest:

DSC03642.jpg

Edited by Rocket35

I humbly request the opportunity to be added to this elite group of purists. :) I have been waiting to for the numbers to reach "72" as that was the year I was born. I have been shooting SSTK exclusively since just before moving to NM. As a matter of fact the first gun I shot competition with was a Colt Combat Commader. The first handgun I bought was a Springfield 1911 on my 21st birthday and seem to always have one around since. Although I sell guns too often, I have owned 2 Springfields, a Kimber, a Colt, a Taurus, and now 2 from STI. I am classified as A class in SSTK division, although I am working on a better average. Here is a photo of my latest:

DSC03642.jpg

No frills and all business..... :cheers:

DSC03642.jpg

Rocket

Nice blaster, and your participation in USPSA Single Stack matches is well documented. The only thing I can see holding your membership up and subsequently become member #72 is the fact that your application only shows one side of that fine weapon. Regulations clearly state the need to submit photos of BOTH sides of your Single Stack.

ZH

DSC03642.jpg

Rocket

Nice blaster, and your participation in USPSA Single Stack matches is well documented. The only thing I can see holding your membership up and subsequently become member #72 is the fact that your application only shows one side of that fine weapon. Regulations clearly state the need to submit photos of BOTH sides of your Single Stack.

ZH

I apologize good sir...

DSC03641.jpg

Matte Black would go just fine. B)

I am a little shy about going the Duracoat route again, as I pay more in shipping than what the product costs. If I could afford to have it Ion-bonded, I would in a heartbeat. On a shoestring budget, so it will have to be a job done in the confines of my own garage. Is there anything that is remotely close in ease of application? I don't want my beloved .45 oxidizing, as it is a reliable ,accurate piece and a faithful trail companion to boot. Hogs beware, Chris is packing :)

I had the slide coated in desert tan before, but it wore through pretty bad after a few thousand draws... the kydex monster likes the taste of Duracoat. I was afraid of it rusting, so sanded it down at Lauer Weponry's suggestion and hit it with Matte Black in a slightly heavier 3 coat process. After less than a month it started to chip pretty badly, so I took it down to the white.

It'll probably be black of some sort, I just have to decide what route to take.

I'm applying for membership. I've competed in Single Stack at a half dozen club matches and a major tournament this year, and gave away the only tupperware I owned (actualy, I'll confess to owning a pocket .380, but it'll never see the light of day at a competition). Here's the 1911 that first hooked me 10+ years ago, and inspired me to build a small collection of JMB's finest designs. Its still essentially the gun I bought used for $400 withe the exception of the Lazza grips and the Ed Brown mainspring housing/magwell. Bill Fender gave it a once over tuneup and a trigger job right after I bought it.

Arguably my favorite feature is the Tru Dot night sights, whose large bright white dots grab my eye faster than any other non-fiber optic sight I've seen.

1911_1.jpg

1911_2.jpg