Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Question,

I am assuming that the SVI magwell and main spring housing installed on a STI trojan will be below the required 43 oz rule for SS. I am new to the SS game after shooting Lim and was surprised by this rule. I am planning on using the trip 10mm mags for 40 plastic base pads. Am I better to get this and then see what it weighs or should I be OK.

I saw on the STI site that they have the weight listed as 36 oz. not sure if that is with mag or not.

Any one have any suggestions have not bought the magwell yet waiting for the blaster to arrive from Brazos.

Thanks,

Hopefully future member of the 1911 Single Stack Elitist Club...

:cheers:

The aluminum version is good to go and makes the weight limit with no problems. I would think the stainless version might be iffy....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question,

I am assuming that the SVI magwell and main spring housing installed on a STI trojan will be below the required 43 oz rule for SS. I am new to the SS game after shooting Lim and was surprised by this rule. I am planning on using the trip 10mm mags for 40 plastic base pads. Am I better to get this and then see what it weighs or should I be OK.

I saw on the STI site that they have the weight listed as 36 oz. not sure if that is with mag or not.

Any one have any suggestions have not bought the magwell yet waiting for the blaster to arrive from Brazos.

Thanks,

Hopefully future member of the 1911 Single Stack Elitist Club...

:cheers:

The aluminum version is good to go and makes the weight limit with no problems. I would think the stainless version might be iffy....

I think Z had the steel one on his blaster and I can't remember if it made weight or not. I'm pretty sure it won't make the 41oz CDP rule as my CDP gun is right at that with a SA steel magwell.

The aluminum version is the way to go for sure!!!!! Unless you don't care if you are over-weight that is ;)

My SS Blaster is a Caspian, which is much heavier than most, so the Trojan might make it, but why bother when the Aluminum is guaranteed to make weight.

JMHO

Edited by zhunter

I will be shooting the same match so I will keep an eye on Mr. Deegan to make sure he doesn't slip too far into the dark side.

Man,

Talk about allowing the fox in the hen house!!

Mr. major 9 himself babysitting a single stacker??

Right!

I will be shooting the same match so I will keep an eye on Mr. Deegan to make sure he doesn't slip too far into the dark side.

Man,

Talk about allowing the fox in the hen house!!

Mr. major 9 himself babysitting a single stacker??

Right!

Gentlemen, oh and Alan,

I will remain true to the faith. My "foray" into open will be with my single stack holster, single stack legal gear, my trusty Les Baer Single Stack and 8 round magazines. I am dedicated to the one true faith of Single Stack Elitest Snobbery. It will not matter what kind of cookies those bass-turds offer, well maybe chocolate chip might... NO I WILL RESIST even Chocolate chip...

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

Whacha got against folks who sometimes shoot a limited gun? Any chance of forgiveness for a man who shoots a classic?

post-11529-1223079342_thumb.jpg

All other criteria met, full application available once this matter is resolved.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

Whacha got against folks who sometimes shoot a limited gun? Any chance of forgiveness for a man who shoots a classic?

post-11529-1223079342_thumb.jpg

All other criteria met, full application available once this matter is resolved.

Based upon my love of your avatar and the knowledge of where it came from.... - and the photo of your well used beauty of a Single Stack..... I will put in my favorable opinion toward your acceptance. :cheers:

been a long times since I ran a single stack..

waiting for my mags, holster and pouches to arrive to run in a single stack match..

I am also guessing my magwell may put me over the weight limit..but I gotta find a scale to weigh it..I like the way it indexes the hand into the gun..

after I shoot a match..I'll post the other side..and make my application

nothing fancy..a budget project.

RIA.jpg

waiting for my mags, holster and pouches to arrive to run in a single stack match..

I am also guessing my magwell may put me over the weight limit..but I gotta find a scale to weigh it..I like the way it indexes the hand into the gun..

RIA.jpg

Which magwell do you have. Looks like the SVI alum..? If so you are good to go for sure... :cheers:

RIA.jpg

Which magwell do you have. Looks like the SVI alum..? If so you are good to go for sure... :cheers:

Hey Merlin...its steel...I did some searches..and from what I could find..I think it may be too heavy..but I got to find a scale...

RIA.jpg

Hey Merlin...its steel...I did some searches..and from what I could find..I think it may be too heavy..but I got to find a scale...

It will be close...and too heavy...I fear. :unsure:

just remembered..my grips are plastic ergo grips..so they are pretty light..also I could switch out the FLGR for a GI version too..

hmm..maybe it will make it after all..

got to find a scale.. :D

thanks Merlin..

been reading up on all your research on this..

Pretty please, can I come out and play?

top to bottom, left to right:

Les Baer Premier II, Les Baer Concept VI

Colt Delta Gold Cup, STI Custom Shop

S&W SC (daily carry), Wilson CQB

finally found my camera, Merlin.

I know you have em..... Show results of a match were you shot one...! :devil:

They all look too clean to me... :closedeyes:

Found match records:

Orange Single Stack Match

Match Date: 1/6/2007

Combined divisions - These are NOT official results.

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady For Age Points Mtch% Pnt Srs Finish

1 Yates, Jim A6715 B Single Stack Major N N 263.3593 100.00% High Overall

2 Bertrand, Ed TY48016 C Single Stack Major N N Super Senior 257.8742 97.92% 1st C 1st Super Senior

3 Hebert, Ken TY50527 B Single Stack Major N N 248.8728 94.50% 1st B

4 Steele, Scott U Limited Major N N 220.3233 83.66% 1st U

5 Richards, John FY39569 C Single Stack Major N N Senior 191.2792 72.63% 1st Senior

6 Malone, Richard U Single Stack Major N N 188.7519 71.67%

7 Dickerson, John U Limited Major N N Super Senior 176.1032 66.87%

8 McCCauley, Robert U Single Stack Major N N 174.9303 66.42%

9 Gold, Maurice A53197 D Single Stack Major N N Super Senior 158.9738 60.36% 1st D

10 Wilson, Lonnie E. TY41107 B Single Stack Major N N Super Senior 155.0828 58.89%

11 Richards, Allan U Production Minor N N 130.1990 49.44%

12 Valenciano, Ralph U Single Stack Minor N N 116.2756 44.15%

Combined divisions - These are NOT official results.

Sometimes the order of finish changes from the 'By Division' report and

the 'Combined' report. This is beacuse a different Stage High Hit Factor

was used to calculate the stage points.

Printed: 01/06/2007 5:45 PM

http://www.texassouthsection.com/2007match...7_01_06_All.txt

reverse side pix added

BTW, I'm guessting that a 2011 grip doesn't qualify as a plastic framed gun, right?

post-7974-1223237344_thumb.jpg

Edited by ken hebert