Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U. S. National Steel Shoot Welcomes BEnos Shooters !

Yesterday I had a good talk with Mike Calloway, and then last night a follow-up conversation with Derek Janowicz at our weekly Match in Markham Park, So. Fla.

Now, this is the low down, the"gist" of it: The U. S. National Steel Shoot Championship 2008 to be held on March 12 -16 at the the Skip J. Range in Anderson, S. Carolina is "formally" recognizing the presence of BEnos Forum Members as a force to be "recogn'd" with, and a source of quality shooters.

There will be some concessions made specifically for BEnos Forum Members. There will be one, two, or as many as necessary "Squads" made up of BEnos members wishing to shoot/squad together. Also, (drum roll, please !! :cheers: ) there will be award trophies specifically for BEnos members. The specific awards are being compiled/discussed presently, but it will be quite encompassing, with different classifications, divisions, etc. And, yes, there will be PRIZES awarded too.

To be counted, squadded or included, we are asked to write a note on the Entry form, identifying ourselves as a "BEnos Forum Member" including our "User Names".

I suppose we could compile a possible list of participating members in this thread, and keep tabs of it in addition of the match entry forms, to provide the Match management an idea of how many will be attending.

Well, I will start the LIST: (which we will update as needed)

Radical Precision Designs

BrownDog

JFlowers

Jack Suber

johnn Suber

Phillip Dedmon

DougC

DaveP

PMD

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, I sent my entry a couple of weeks ago. Not that I shoot much steel (hope that will change with the local USPSA clubs maybe taking on more) but when a match like that is just down the road, how can you not go!

Uh ! That's ok, if you already sent in your entry. Just let us know if you will be shooting it as a BEnos member, and/or if you want to be squadded together. I am sure a notation can be made in your already received entry form and on the Squad sheets.

So, should I put your name on the List ???

Yesterday I had a good talk with Mike Calloway, and then last night a follow-up conversation with Derek Janowicz at our weekly Match in Markham Park, So. Fla.

Now, this is the low down, the"gist" of it: The U. S. National Steel Shoot Championship 2008 to be held on March 12 -16 at the the Skip J. Range in Anderson, S. Carolina is "formally" recognizing the presence of BEnos Forum Members as a force to be "recogn'd" with, and a source of quality shooters.

There will be some concessions made specifically for BEnos Forum Members. There will be one, two, or as many as necessary "Squads" made up of BEnos members wishing to shoot/squad together. Also, (drum roll, please !! :cheers: ) there will be award trophies specifically for BEnos members. The specific awards are being compiled/discussed presently, but it will be quite encompassing, with different classifications, divisions, etc. And, yes, there will be PRIZES awarded too.

To be counted, squadded or included, we are asked to write a note on the Entry form, identifying ourselves as a "BEnos Forum Member" including our "User Names".

I suppose we could compile a possible list of participating members in this thread, and keep tabs of it in addition of the match entry forms, to provide the Match management an idea of how many will be attending.

BrownDog

JFlowers

Venry,

I will be sending my son's and my application in this week. If y'all can tolerate the two of us, we'd love to be included. Thanks.

Now I really have to try and make this match. Gonna need someone to walk me through the Steel Challenge stages (i.e. shooting order)...especially since I've never shot Pendulum (?) and Accelerator (is this even a stage?).

Rich

Rich, each of the regular stages is listed (sticky) in the Steel Challenge section here on the forum. With straa-tee-jury on how to go about shooting them.

Yep.....I am pretty sure that DaveP, PMD, and myself are making the trip, and I am trying to get Pin Shooter to go as well, along with SAJ I beleive going too.....

DougC

Doug-

Does that mean "yes" ??

Should I write your names as listed above ? By listing your names above does not mean you will be squadded together unless you wish to be. If you have already registered, it will only identify you as a "BEnos Shooter" and entitle you to participation in the awards and prizes as reserved for us, in addition to anything else you may win. Squadding in any designated "BEnos Squads" will be arranged later as requested now or desired later ... your choice. Right now we need to get a feel for the numbers to get number and specific of awards pointed down. As the thread progresses, if any questions arise, they will be answered by "BrownDog" who is the "co-chairman" of the event with Derek Janowicz.

On the meantime keep your "names/user names" coming. Let's show what we can do. Maybe even some kind of BEnos Members in-Match pictures or get-togethers ??

Venry thanks for the putting out the info on the match! The website is www.ussteelshoot.com and has the match hotel information and the stages available for downloading. Check the website for more information as the we go along. Our contact information is listed if you have any specific questions.

We will be giving out awards to BE members (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for overall and some prizes (TBD). We have a Schuemann Barrel Certificate good for any barrel so far and I will see what else we can dig up as the date nears. It was a great match last year and looks to be even better this year!

Venry has accepted the task of getting everyone to sign up as a BE member and get the squading info to me. We might look at awarding a BE Steel Master if we get enough Steel Masters to complete from BE. In case you aer wondering the Steel Master has the lowest time of combining the 22 Rim Fire, Iron Sight (Limited), and Open. Shooting 3 guns in 3 days and keeping it together is a major task! Hope to see you all there.

Good luck and be safe.......

Mike

Last year we were affiliated but with the recent sale of the Steel Challenge we haven't worked out an agreement and are prepared to go forward just like last year. Derek and I have spoken with the USPSA about running under the Steel Challenge but we have not worked out the final details, keep reviewing the website for updates.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but I have been so busy with the Shot Show, work, kids, the match and everything else I forgot to post info on the our relationship with the USPSA (owners of the Steel Challenge).

Derek and I met with Dave Thomas and Mike Voigt at the Shot Show and signed an agreement to be the official providers of the National level and Regional level matches. We were all in agreement that we wanted to grow this sport to help introduce new shooters to the shooting sports and steel has a great draw to new shooters due to it's easy to understand format. Since it is not athletic base sport it is also good for those individuals that can't run and gun but it is exciting even if you can.

We will have four regional’s starting this year along with the National event. The schedule is as follows:

• March 13 – 16 at Anderson, SC – Mike Calloway/Derek Janowicz

• June 13 – 15 at Old Bridge, NJ - John Soltesz

• Date TBD at Fredericksburg, VA – Todd Jarrett

• July 19-20 at Louisianan, Jerry and Kay Miculek

• Sept 27-28 at Albany, Oregon – Everett Masttrick/Chuck Anderson

We all should be very grateful that USPSA stepped up and took the Steel Challenge under it's wing and we look forward to a great relationship with them and having a lot of fun shooting steel as well.

OH by the way there is still room in Anderson coming up and we have a great looking prize table!

www.ussteelshoot.com

Sorry but I have been so busy with the Shot Show, work, kids, the match and everything else I forgot to post info on the our relationship with the USPSA (owners of the Steel Challenge).

Derek and I met with Dave Thomas and Mike Voigt at the Shot Show and signed an agreement to be the official providers of the National level and Regional level matches. We were all in agreement that we wanted to grow this sport to help introduce new shooters to the shooting sports and steel has a great draw to new shooters due to it's easy to understand format. Since it is not athletic base sport it is also good for those individuals that can't run and gun but it is exciting even if you can.

We will have four regional’s starting this year along with the National event. The schedule is as follows:

• March 13 – 16 at Anderson, SC – Mike Calloway/Derek Janowicz

• June 13 – 15 at Old Bridge, NJ - John Soltesz

• Date TBD at Fredericksburg, VA – Todd Jarrett

• July 19-20 at Louisianan, Jerry and Kay Miculek

• Sept 27-28 at Albany, Oregon – Everett Masttrick/Chuck Anderson

We all should be very grateful that USPSA stepped up and took the Steel Challenge under it's wing and we look forward to a great relationship with them and having a lot of fun shooting steel as well.

OH by the way there is still room in Anderson coming up and we have a great looking prize table!

www.ussteelshoot.com

Thanks for the update, hope to make the NJ shoot also.

BTW, just mailed my app today :blush:

Vennery, here's a confirmation for DaveP on your list.

BrownDog

JFlowers

Jack Suber

johnn Suber

Phillip Dedmon

DougC

DaveP

PMD

Bob E

Action Pistolero

bigj45

Clint U66

Ok. Since I could not edit the first page, I just edited the "insert" above.

Time is coming up soon. It is time also to check and see what accomodations are still available, and to coordinate the shooting schedules.

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

hello, for all our BE forum members on the BE squad. let dave take the lead and get everyone together at the GT display and we can give out a few extra prizes. see you all there, karl @ GT

:surprise:

Now what have I got signed up for :ph34r:

here's an idea Karl, RPD

have the BE members come over and introduce themselves at your display

and add their name to a hat (can)??

real name and handle, then pick a day and time to have the drawing,

say maybe after the match Sat. afternoon ???

any other idea's ??