Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U. S. National Steel Shoot Welcomes BEnos Shooters !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Five

Max

BJ

KC

Todd

Dave

I can't remember the exact times, but Max beat BJ by .15 sec, I believe BJ was .5 sec ahead of KC and then I don't know where the rest of the field was.

Max, BJ & KC were all in the 81 second range. BJ finished second and ate a miss on Smoke & Hope. He came back strong on the last four stages.

Yes. It was an interesting, challenging match. You had to be on your toes for each shot. Many shooters relied too heavily in their "throw-aways".

This Match was a huge success for BEnos Members shooting there. At least those that registered/declared as BEnos Forum Members. I am sure there were some shooters that regularly post here but chose not to mention it. Well, you may consider doing so next year. You have a lot to gain by it.

At the awards presentation, recognition plaques were given to B.J. Norris, Phil Dedmon and 10mmDave for their overall placing in the Match.

In addition, after the Prize Table run for the Match, (which every one got to pick from) we had a little (free) raffle for the "Special Prizes" reserved exclusively for the BEnos Shooters. Over $2000.00 in merchandise was randomly given away. The names of all 16 (declared/registered) BEnos members were put in a box and picked. Among the prizes there was a $500.00 discount Certificate on a new custom gun from Radical Precision Designs (yours truly!), a $350.00 discount Certificate on a custom gun from Millenium Custom (Derek Janowicz) a few Schuemann AET competition barrels, Aftec extractors, GT Target complete with stands, etc. Every BEnos shooter got something worthwhile. Next year there will be much more.

It was very nice to put faces to many of the members here. I am sorry if I disappointed some of you by having lost some weight and not being as handsome as my "avatar"...

At the awards presentation, recognition plaques were given to B.J. Norris, Phil Dedmon and 10mmDave for their overall placing in the Match.

As much as I would have liked to be in the top 3 of the BEnos listing I wasn't there (maybe next year :blush: )

Don't know who it was, maybe when the results come out ??

As much as I would have liked to be in the top 3 of the BEnos listing I wasn't there (maybe next year :blush: )

Don't know who it was, maybe when the results come out ??

Sorry, my bad !!!

Some of you noticed I was feeling a bit under the weather and only shot one stage on Saturday. I was still recovering from the flu and physical exhaustion. Since they canceled shooting the rest of the day due to bad weather I was able to rest some and shoot (or attempt to ??) the whole thing on Sunday. I should have taken specific notes. I do remember Clint going up to the awards "pedestals", and confused it with Dave going there too for a different award. :blink:

Where are the official results?

They are not listed at www.ussteelshoot.com

Come on, let's see it

Did you go? and if not , why not? You gotta love steel brother

I do love steel, I was and still am working in London. So it was not a good date for me. I scheduled my work for the original date, but they changed the date. Such is life.

Where are the official results?

They are not listed at www.ussteelshoot.com

Come on, let's see it

Did you go? and if not , why not? You gotta love steel brother

I do love steel, I was and still am working in London. So it was not a good date for me. I scheduled my work for the original date, but they changed the date. Such is life.

Got home to Washington last night at 12:30am pacific time and was in up to go to work by 5:30 am. It took a while to tear down with the running clay every where due to the storms on Sunday. I should be out of work by 6:30 pm tonight and I will be able to post the results on www.ussteelshoot.com. Sorry for the delay.

This was my first Steel Challenge Match. I had a great time (other than the weather on Saturday). I have a better appreciation of this style of shooting. It is unforgiving. You really have to be on the ball. I learned a lot and should have signed up to shoot more than one gun. My son is hooked. He loves it. We enjoyed shooting with Gilbert, Clint, Venry, Rick, Rooster, Phil, and the others. Great squad. Thanks guys.

Now I have to come to terms with the fact that my son kicked my butt. :blink:

Mike, Derek, and ROs. Thanks for the work y'all did.

Now I have to come to terms with the fact that my son kicked my butt. :blink:

The way John is improving you won't be the only one with a kicked butt!

This would be why John helps me in stats. He can certainly kick my butt at shooting, but I can still run circles around him in stats. :devil: I'll take my victories where I can get them

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Statistician

The results are up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who weathered the storms and finished the match. I heard they were in a bad drought (at least until I showed up). Special thanks to Linda who dropped everything to do a last minute stats clean up. She was great and never complained about having to work with me!

Folks like Linda do the jobs that allows everyone to shoot and have fun, they are at every match so be sure to thank them. Of course some are at more matches then others, so thanks again Linda.

Also congrats to Max for his overall win, Dave for his Limited win, Todd for his steel master win, Kaye for her women's overal win, Jessie for her Limited/steel master win, and Jerry for winning guns in the side matches and all non bottom feeding divisions.

See you next year in Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I click on the 2008 results page, this is what I get, but the 2007 page is fine. Leads me to believe there is something wrong with the 2008 page:

Subject: US National Steel Championship-MAIN MATCH

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:20:35 -0700

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/html;

charset="Windows-1252"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Location: file://C:\Documents and Settings\Godzilla\Local Settings\Temp\tmp10.tmp.HTM

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>US National Steel Championship-MAIN MATCH</TITLE>

<META http-equiv=3DContent-Language content=3Den-us>

<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =

charset=3Dwindows-1252">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16608" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>

<BODY>

<P=20

style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; =

LINE-HEIGHT: 100%"=20

align=3Dcenter>US National Steel Championship<BR>3/13/2008<BR>MAIN =

MATCH<BR></P>

<P=20

LINE-HEIGHT: 100%"> </P>

<P=20

When I click on the 2008 results page, this is what I get, but the 2007 page is fine. Leads me to believe there is something wrong with the 2008 page:

charset="Windows-1252"

Content-Location: file://C:\Documents and Settings\Godzilla\Local Settings\Temp\tmp10.tmp.HTM

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>US National Steel Championship-MAIN MATCH</TITLE>

<META http-equiv=3DContent-Language content=3Den-us>

<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =

charset=3Dwindows-1252">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16608" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>

<BODY>

<P=20

align=3Dcenter>US National Steel Championship<BR>3/13/2008<BR>MAIN =

MATCH<BR></P>

<P=20

LINE-HEIGHT: 100%"> </P>

<P=20

charset="Windows-1252"