Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U. S. National Steel Shoot Welcomes BEnos Shooters !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I had a good talk with Mike Calloway, and then last night a follow-up conversation with Derek Janowicz at our weekly Match in Markham Park, So. Fla.

Now, this is the low down, the"gist" of it: The U. S. National Steel Shoot Championship 2008 to be held on March 12 -16 at the the Skip J. Range in Anderson, S. Carolina is "formally" recognizing the presence of BEnos Forum Members as a force to be "recogn'd" with, and a source of quality shooters.

There will be some concessions made specifically for BEnos Forum Members. There will be one, two, or as many as necessary "Squads" made up of BEnos members wishing to shoot/squad together. Also, (drum roll, please !! :cheers: ) there will be award trophies specifically for BEnos members. The specific awards are being compiled/discussed presently, but it will be quite encompassing, with different classifications, divisions, etc. And, yes, there will be PRIZES awarded too.

To be counted, squadded or included, we are asked to write a note on the Entry form, identifying ourselves as a "BEnos Forum Member" including our "User Names".

I suppose we could compile a possible list of participating members in this thread, and keep tabs of it in addition of the match entry forms, to provide the Match management an idea of how many will be attending.

Well, I will start the LIST: (which we will update as needed)

Radical Precision Designs

BrownDog

JFlowers

Jack Suber

johnn Suber

Phillip Dedmon

DougC

DaveP

PMD

Bob E

Action Pistolero

bigj45

Clint U66

JD45

Ok. Since I could not edit the first page, I just edited the "insert" above.

Time is coming up soon. It is time also to check and see what accomodations are still available, and to coordinate the shooting schedules.

Just yet another "reply to" edit, as the post can only be edited/modified for a couple of days after insertion.

I am sure the "Browndog/Mike" is monitoritn this thread to keep abreast of the members wanting to join the "BEnos Squad".

Actually, maybe we should call this 'outing' " The BEnos Shooting Team" instead of squad. I have received some PM's about squadding info and shooting schedules. I have forwarded everyone, and do so again, to PM "Browndog" or contact Mike at the www.ussteelshots.org website. for specific information. Mike is coordinating the squadding and shooting schedules.

There are different divisions and days being used for this match ... so everyone shooting in the same squad may not be possible by these logistics. Therefore the term of "BEnos Shooting Team" or maybe "Team BEnos" (??) might be more appropiate. What do you guys/gals think of this idea ??? Tell us .

Also if those of you participating would post here the schedule you have arranged or expect/want to shoot, it would help coordinate the "Team" setting up.

I'll get it started:

RPD - Open Pistol - Saturday.

My schedule is the same as Doug's.

I will need a final count to compile the squads for the match. What I need is one email with your real name and Forum Name so I can match everyone up in the squading. I'll put together a Be Squad for each day and might need two for the last day, I will know more once I get the final count.

We have a plaque for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Be Forum members and in order to compete in this catagory you need to shoot in the Be Squad (I.E. Not to be a Be for the sake of a plaque :rolleyes: ) Pun Intented. So far we have a couple of prizes from GT Targets, Schuemann Barrels, AFTEC Extractors, and ?. We will meet at Karl's table (GT Targets) and have a drawing on Saturday after the match.

Looking forward to seeing you at the match!

Mike

Edited by browndog

Are we gonna do this for the US Steel Shoot in Albany as well?

Too early to tell at this point, lets get through the National event and I will focus on the regionals with each match director. It's all about support, get some head count on who is in and I will work to get it in place.

Mike

Edited by browndog

Here's a copy of an email from Mike Calloway about the rimfire start.

"We will be utilizing a low ready aimed at a point down range. The aiming point will be the red dot of the C-More banner positioned at 4 yards from the shooting box. The competitor must be standing erect.

Hope this helps, we will go over it on the shooter's meeting also.

Thanks, Mike"

Yesterday I had a good talk with Mike Calloway, and then last night a follow-up conversation with Derek Janowicz at our weekly Match in Markham Park, So. Fla.

Now, this is the low down, the"gist" of it: The U. S. National Steel Shoot Championship 2008 to be held on March 12 -16 at the the Skip J. Range in Anderson, S. Carolina is "formally" recognizing the presence of BEnos Forum Members as a force to be "recogn'd" with, and a source of quality shooters.

There will be some concessions made specifically for BEnos Forum Members. There will be one, two, or as many as necessary "Squads" made up of BEnos members wishing to shoot/squad together. Also, (drum roll, please !! :cheers: ) there will be award trophies specifically for BEnos members. The specific awards are being compiled/discussed presently, but it will be quite encompassing, with different classifications, divisions, etc. And, yes, there will be PRIZES awarded too.

To be counted, squadded or included, we are asked to write a note on the Entry form, identifying ourselves as a "BEnos Forum Member" including our "User Names".

I suppose we could compile a possible list of participating members in this thread, and keep tabs of it in addition of the match entry forms, to provide the Match management an idea of how many will be attending.

Well, I will start the LIST: (which we will update as needed)

Radical Precision Designs

BrownDog

JFlowers

Jack Suber

johnn Suber

Phillip Dedmon

DougC

DaveP

PMD

Bob E

Action Pistolero

bigj45

Clint U66

JD45

Dirt Diver

Ok. Since I could not edit the first page, I just edited the "insert" above.

Time is coming up soon. It is time also to check and see what accomodations are still available, and to coordinate the shooting schedules.

Just yet another "reply to" edit, as the post can only be edited/modified for a couple of days after insertion.

I am sure the "Browndog/Mike" is monitoritn this thread to keep abreast of the members wanting to join the "BEnos Squad".

Actually, maybe we should call this 'outing' " The BEnos Shooting Team" instead of squad. I have received some PM's about squadding info and shooting schedules. I have forwarded everyone, and do so again, to PM "Browndog" or contact Mike at the www.ussteelshots.org website. for specific information. Mike is coordinating the squadding and shooting schedules.

There are different divisions and days being used for this match ... so everyone shooting in the same squad may not be possible by these logistics. Therefore the term of "BEnos Shooting Team" or maybe "Team BEnos" (??) might be more appropiate. What do you guys/gals think of this idea ??? Tell us .

Also if those of you participating would post here the schedule you have arranged or expect/want to shoot, it would help coordinate the "Team" setting up.

I'll get it started:

RPD - Open Pistol - Saturday.

Thank you all. Please send the PM's with squadding requests to Mike (Browndog) as I can not arrange squadding. Mike will make sure you are squadded correctly. Also, as Mike pointed out, you must e-mail or PM him to get credit for the BEnos squadding awards. He will list you as a "BEnos Squad/Team" member and will make you eligible for prizes and awards reserved for them/us. You can not come in after the fact and say that you "were/are" a BEnos "participant". As they say: "that ain't crickett!" If you haven't done so already and want to stay in your present squad and shoot as a BEnos member for "awards credits" you must consult that with Mike. It might be possible but I don't have the answer.

The idea is to get recognition and credit for being a BEnos Forums member, and publicize these Forum venues. It is indeed nice that an event such as this is willing to give US recognition for our strength in numbers. This may be the beginning of something nice, and a pattern that other Events/Matches could use in the future.

So, if you are already registered for this Match, just come forth and declare yourself. It can only help all of us to be counted. But time is of the essence ...

Thanks. Please, somebody give us a diagram or photo on how to set it up for practice. We have less than two weeks to practice.

Go to the US Steel home page and check under Match Info, stages are there.

I wasn't too clear.

I want to know how to practice the new start position for the .22 rimfire division.

Thanks. Please, somebody give us a diagram or photo on how to set it up for practice. We have less than two weeks to practice.

Go to the US Steel home page and check under Match Info, stages are there.

I wasn't too clear.

I want to know how to practice the new start position for the .22 rimfire division.

Oh !! sorry, I just saw the 22 start deal (i didn't get an email :( )

Sounds like your going to have an aiming point 4 yrds in front of you and probably 1 foot /1.5 foot

off the ground for the start.

The banners last year were std size vinyl type, 24 to 30 inches tall I believe.

Kinda rather they'd use a spike painted orange or something and less than 4 yrds out, hell that's what,

12 feet ..... short folks will be half way up on the targets already B) 4 FEET out would be better IMNSHO.

But as long as it's the same for all and the RO's keep an eye on the beep creepers then it will all be good.

Ok !

Have been busy working with/on guns ... making sure they hit those pesky "alphas". :cheers: Or go "clang" :rolleyes: hitting that steel.

But it's time to go do some shooting of my own. The U.S. Steel National Steel Shoot started today. I have not have the time to check what's been happening yet, maybe some participant can chime in ???

But tomorrow I will be heading up north for the long ride to have some fun. I will be shooting on Saturday, dinging up some plates.

Don't forget to check at the GTO Targets area, come over and meet some of your fellow BEnos Squad shooters. Remember we will be giving away the prizes there and drawing for some goodies.

See y'all there ... :cheers:

Ok !

Have been busy working with/on guns ... making sure they hit those pesky "alphas". :cheers: Or go "clang" :rolleyes: hitting that steel.

But it's time to go do some shooting of my own. The U.S. Steel National Steel Shoot started today. I have not have the time to check what's been happening yet, maybe some participant can chime in ???

But tomorrow I will be heading up north for the long ride to have some fun. I will be shooting on Saturday, dinging up some plates.

Don't forget to check at the GTO Targets area, come over and meet some of your fellow BEnos Squad shooters. Remember we will be giving away the prizes there and drawing for some goodies.

John and I are looking forward to it (if I can kick this cold :angry2: ). This will be my first ever Steel Challenge match (other than improvised club matches). I am looking forward to it. Unfortunately, there is rain/storms in the forecast for Friday and Saturday p.m.

I will be seeing a lot of GT Targets (we bought a whole set of SC targets for our club) so we can have SC matches with official targets. Now, to figure out how to get the targets back here (I sold my truck today :blink: ).

Ok !

John and I are looking forward to it (if I can kick this cold :angry2: ). This will be my first ever Steel Challenge match (other than improvised club matches). I am looking forward to it. Unfortunately, there is rain/storms in the forecast for Friday and Saturday p.m.

I will be seeing a lot of GT Targets (we bought a whole set of SC targets for our club) so we can have SC matches with official targets. Now, to figure out how to get the targets back here (I sold my truck today :blink: ).

Jack, besides the possibility of rain ... what about the temperature ?? Should I bring my "parka", just my "thermals ... or my short sleeves and "bermudas" ??

"B.J." Thanks for the post of that link to your "Blog". Nice place for a narrative of the on-going action. Wish you good luck ! (which you probably don't need anyway, thank to your strenuous training ... :devil: )

Edited to note something "scary" ...

Just noticed that this was my number "666" post. Not really that noticeable by itself. BUT ... I am BEnos Forum member # 6660 (Double triple 6 !!!)

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

Should be there tomorrow around 9 AM -- I am filling in as a last minute replacement in stats.

Stop in & say hi. If I'm in stats, the door is always open. Also, I assume wherever they have me set-up with computer equipment will at least be dry :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

All-of-a-sudden the 2008 US National Steel Shoot Statistician

Ok !

Jack, besides the possibility of rain ... what about the temperature ?? Should I bring my "parka", just my "thermals ... or my short sleeves and "bermudas" ??

Venry,

Its "supposed" to be around 68 - 74 degrees as the high Friday, Sat, Sun.

Any more updates? Anyone know when / where the results will be posted ?

THe same storms that hit downtown Atlanta have struck the US National Steel Championships, we will return to shoot on Sunday morning.

I will have the results posted on Sunday.