World Shoot Team

RIIID

not exactly the US team but my predicted winners

Open : Eric G

Standard : Robbie L

Production : Tyc if Dave S does not compete

Revo: Jerry M

Modified: Jag Lejano

but i want Chris or Max to win in open, Smitty or Todd J (if he shoots Standard) in standard, Dave S in production (hope he shoots), Jerry M in revo (such a nice guy and he deserves it) , Jag L in modified ( GO Jag!!!)

Edited by ogiebb

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the list, still waiting for my Front Sight.

I think all the divisions are up for grabs this year, some less so than others. Revolver and Open are pretty solidly with the reigning champions. I can't realistically see anyone beating Jerry, Eric will be given a run for his money from Max and Chris, but he's odds on to win in my opinion.

We have a strong Junior team (Well done, Shane) so I have high hopes that those guys will bring home a trophy. The same with our Production Team, Angus and Matthew are both shooting well and either one is capable of bringing home the gold.

Our Ladies team looks solid too, I suspect that it will be a seriously close match. The number of good women shooters is rising, look for Gabrielle (Austria), Lorena (Argentina), Mary Grace Tan (Phi), Doni (Canada) and Linda Blowers (Australia) to be up in the running along with the very strong US Ladies team. Athena just won the Australasia Level IV competition pushing Linda into second place by 72 points. This bodes well for USA in '08.

My guess:

Open: Eric Grauffel-unbeatable, simply the best!

Standard: Rob Leatham-doesn't matter if he is not in the team (remember Ecuador?). Not the fastest guy in the world, but he CAN shoot. Expirience and mentall game is that what he has.

Production: Adam Tyc-this guy is in winning circle already. He lost only 1 match this year.

Revolver: Jerry Miculek of course, nuff said!

Modifeid: Leano Jeufro if he will shoot modified.

The World Shoot teams were selected via the IPSC Qualifier matches held this last year. However, whoever wins the Division at the Nationals can bump the 4th team member, provided the Nats Division Winner is already entered in the World Shoot. (If I remember the selection process correctly)

Alan

From the USPSA website:

13. 2008 World Shoot team slots will be offered to members in the following order:

a. The three highest ranked competitors based on qualification points. Selection will continue in descending qualification

order until three team positions have been formally accepted.

b. The 2008 National Champion in each division or category will be offered the number four position on the corresponding

team only if the following prerequisites have been met:

1. Entered in the 2008 IPSC World Shoot

2. Necessary firearms permits submitted

This is from the "Official" WS XV website: DEADLINES

Official team nomination closes - May 30, 2008

The deadlines quoted above are final, No Exceptions

There is definitely a conflict here, especially in the light of our Nationals not being set yet. Will the number 4 member still be "on the bubble" if our Nats fall after May 30?

Seemed like Dave had a good time in El Salvador last year, but I was so wacked, I could have easily missed something.

Hmmm - "wacked," eh? So - what it the Salvadoran version of "Montezuma's Revenge" or maybe self-inflicted and alcohol-induced? :cheers:

Shred,

"Wacked" is something they say in New Zeland isn't it?

103' fever and associated kidney infection.. not fun.

The World Shoot teams were selected via the IPSC Qualifier matches held this last year. However, whoever wins the Division at the Nationals can bump the 4th team member, provided the Nats Division Winner is already entered in the World Shoot. (If I remember the selection process correctly)

Alan

From the USPSA website:

13. 2008 World Shoot team slots will be offered to members in the following order:

a. The three highest ranked competitors based on qualification points. Selection will continue in descending qualification

order until three team positions have been formally accepted.

b. The 2008 National Champion in each division or category will be offered the number four position on the corresponding

team only if the following prerequisites have been met:

1. Entered in the 2008 IPSC World Shoot

2. Necessary firearms permits submitted

This is from the "Official" WS XV website: DEADLINES

Official team nomination closes - May 30, 2008

The deadlines quoted above are final, No Exceptions

There is definitely a conflict here, especially in the light of our Nationals not being set yet. Will the number 4 member still be "on the bubble" if our Nats fall after May 30?

Is this the most current information, taking into account the change in the World Shoot dates? Or is this from the original dates that were set for August.

We have a strong Junior team (Well done, Shane) so I have high hopes that those guys will bring home a trophy. The same with our Production Team, Angus and Matthew are both shooting well and either one is capable of bringing home the gold. Our Ladies team looks solid too, I suspect that it will be a seriously close match.

Since when is IPSC shooting about teams? Only 4 or 5 big countries have enough people to field competitive teams, so focusing on teams sounds to me like we can't be the bride for all the individual titles, so we'll lump all the bridesmaids together in a team and claim victory.

Eric was accused of cheating when he won Open for the first time, but he came back and won two more times to remove any doubt who's king of the hill. If Dave S. doesn't want to go, his reasons are his business, but I wouldn't blame him IF the reason is that he wants to avoid another Tyc victory which would end speculation about cheating last time.

TGO and Jerry have been kings of the hill for an incredibly long time too but they're not getting any younger, and they're bound to get beat one of these days. I just hope it's another American who takes their place. I just can't understand why we haven't won individual Open Lady for ages, but maybe Athena can bring home the gold to her new adopted home.

"I just hope it's another American who takes their place. " Chuck W. I second that, Chuck. It doesn't matter to me if it is a team or an indivual title; I just want to see my country well represented in ALL aspects of IPSC and bring home as many titles as possible. Looking at the roster, it seems to me there is a good chance of that. Good luck to all the teams and shooters.

"I just hope it's another American who takes their place. " Chuck W. I second that, Chuck. It doesn't matter to me if it is a team or an indivual title; I just want to see my country well represented in ALL aspects of IPSC and bring home as many titles as possible.

Yes, which is one reason why USPSA should sponsor (and pay reasonable expenses) for all divisions which are recognized by IPSC, including Revolver.

I personally would not choose to travel to Bali with its current political climate towards westerners (and in my opinion, this makes Bali a stupid choice of venue), but I think it's absolutely shameful for USPSA to ignore Revolver Division like that.

"I just hope it's another American who takes their place. " Chuck W. I second that, Chuck. It doesn't matter to me if it is a team or an indivual title; I just want to see my country well represented in ALL aspects of IPSC and bring home as many titles as possible.

Yes, which is one reason why USPSA should sponsor (and pay reasonable expenses) for all divisions which are recognized by IPSC, including Revolver.

I personally would not choose to travel to Bali with its current political climate towards westerners (and in my opinion, this makes Bali a stupid choice of venue), but I think it's absolutely shameful for USPSA to ignore Revolver Division like that.

+1

+1

Amen brother!!!

I was going to start a thread about the revolver guys getting ignored again but I couldn't find anywhere to put it where it wouldn't get closed ASAP so I just sat here screaming profanitys at my issue of Front Sight :angry2:

What about senior teams then?

We have Juniors, Ladies etc, But no Seniors or even super seniors

No offense to our juniors and ladies or seniors for that matter (as they are an important part of our sport), but there is NO WAY IN HELL that a CATEGORY should receive WS funding from USPSA before all DIVISIONS are represented. It is a shame that our WORLD CHAMPION REVOLVER TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL REVOLVER CHAMPION has to pay their own way. Additionally, we could easily field a SOLID Modified team with the 5-8 ranked shooters from Open Division and probably clean everybody elses clock as WS. My opinion is that if USPSA allocates $40,000 for WS teams, then that money should be split EVENLY between all divisions and THEN whatever categories USPSA says it wants to fund. Problem is, certain people think that some divisions are "above" others when it comes to WS, even though they are "official" IPSC divisions. <_<

My .02

I personally would not choose to travel to Bali with its current political climate towards westerners (and in my opinion, this makes Bali a stupid choice of venue)

What the hell are you talking about? Have you ever been there?? Bali exists 100% on tourism, and most of the tourists are westerners. Just because a bunch of loonies detonated some bombs a few years back does not make Bali anti-westerner. Should people stop visiting the US because of McVey or 9/11? Hell no!

If I could afford it, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Edited by chuckw

I personally would not choose to travel to Bali with its current political climate towards westerners (and in my opinion, this makes Bali a stupid choice of venue)

What the hell are you talking about? Have you ever been there??

Take a look here: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_918.html

I'll pass on Bali.

Tell it brother tell it.

Although I would probably go to Bali if I were good enough.

Sorry, but I'm gonna take the other side on the team split. I don't see enough participation in Revolver or Modified at a US National level to justify sending a team. I'm not saying that Junior or Lady should get a team either, I didn't look at the numbers. But when their are only 40 guys at a Nationals (and if Memory serves that is high) I don't think sending 10% of them to the World Championship on my dime is a good use of USPSA money. And Modified isn't even recognized in the US. There are even less people set up for that. Sorry Kenny.

Modified is not a USPSA-recognized division, so it doesn't really factor into this discussion.

But Revolver is a division here in the US, and it should receive equal treatment from our organization. The top levels of Revolver Division are just as hotly-contested as any other, and the top wheelgunners in the US, and the world for that matter, are just as serious about the game as competitors in any other division.

If people think Revolver would be an easy way to win a paid trip to the World Shoot, they can sign up and shoot Revolver and prove themselves. The option would be available to anybody.

USPSA should do the right thing next time.