Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"08 Single Stack Nationals

xpd54

Is everybody staying at the match hotel then ?

I am, not sure about you tho, do you have a room?

I DO now ..... he didnt ask me how many beds I needed, and I didn't ask how many there were, but I got me a room of my own. :P

But....

Did you get the SS Nat's Match rate $$$

One more time, this is the USPSA Single Stack Nationals. It will be ran under the 2008 USPSA rulebook. Just like it has been for the past two years.

There are a couple of incorrect FAQ's up on the 1911 webpage, which we are working to get corrected. Bottom line is when it is titled as a USPSA match, we use the USPSA rulebook. My good friend Jay Worden is the RM at this match and he knows the rulebook very well.

Gary

It's unfortunate that the 1911 Society allowed USPSA to take over this match. The society gave single stack enthusiasts a place to compete with their single stack pistols after USPSA rules made them non-competitive due to the allowed equipment race. After USPSA saw the success of this match and others, they rushed to create a new singlestack division is order to draw the shooters back. Now, those who chose to leave USPSA and join organizations like the 1911 Society are forced to join USPSA to be able to shoot the match. The same will probably be true to the Steel Challenge.

Probably coulda done without that comment.

And Rocket...the USPSA rules apply to the Single Stack Nationals. Go if you can. It's a great match.

I have a room reserved at the match hotel and have my registration ready to mail on the 4th. I am all but already there! ;)

Let us be very clear here.

This match will be run under the 2008 USPSA, Single Stack Division Rules. The FAQ's will be updated, however, this match started 13 years ago before there was even the thought of a Single Stack Division. Because of that many of the FAQs were done by Russell to clarify many of the questions we were getting every year. That's what FAQs are for.

If there is a minor conflict or dispute in the rules the 2008 USPSA rules will prevail.

We have always had minor issues at every match from Day 1. That is a fact at every match. However, Gary Stevens working with both the USPSA board and the Single Stack Society has worked hard to establish a set of rules for the Single Stack division to make it work for everybody. The rules are no longer provisional, they are now set for everybody to see and use.

The match staff is committed to provide the finest match we can for all our competitors.

Jay Worden, RM

Just sent my Entry Form and reserved a room. Reading the USPSA Regulations for SS it seems as long as the pistol and mag fit the box the magazines no longer need to fit flat with the bottom of the frame. I may have to buy some of the new Wilson Magazines.

I think that the policys were related to the match. With the policys set how they are, any ol' billy bob can just send there money in and compete, making it a lower standard for a Nationals event.

I think you are drifting this thread and making extra moderating work...and I am asking you to stop it. ;)

I think that the policys were related to the match. With the policys set how they are, any ol' billy bob can just send there money in and compete, making it a lower standard for a Nationals event.

I think you are drifting this thread and making extra moderating work...and I am asking you to stop it. ;)

Don't poke the BEAR!!! :wacko:

The match hotel is full. They do have suites left at $179/night.

The Fiarfield Inn by Marriot has rooms for $84.99/night. The number there is (217)223-5922. The address is 4315 Broadway, Quincy, 62305. It's twelve blocks from the match hotel.

They don't award slots for wining C/BAGGER class! :surprise: