Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

"They call me medicine man, pill pusher, drug dealer, I am a retail pharmacist"

I managed a copy shop in Olympia, WA for a few months (long ago) and we had two regular customers who happened to be pharmaceutical representatives. Behind their backs we affectionately referred to them as our "drug dealers."

"...(In-between radio jobs)..."

I did an amazing number of unlikely things "in between radios jobs" in my particular segment of life dedicated to the fickle mistress called Broadcasting.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tech and installer for a small rural wireline/wireless ISP and computer support/repair shop.

I need a second job to pay the bullet bill!

I tell computer newbies, "If you can break it, I can fix it." It seems to help them relax about using their PCs.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm currently a Patrol Sergeant in a municipal police department of about 120 officers in Southwestern CT. I've been in LE for 14+ years. I'm a Field Training Officer Supervisor, Pursuit/Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor, Firearms Instructor, SRT team member, former member of our plainclothes Crime Suppression Unit, and a fill-in for our Court Liaison/Warrant Officer.

I served in the US Army, both Active Duty & CT Army National Guard, for a total of 9 1/2 years (from '89-'98) with the large majority of that on AD and primarily in military intelligence and special operations. I served with the LRS/LLVI teams at 102d MI Bn 2nd Inf Div in the ROK as a 98G Voice Interceptor (Korean) before PCSing to the 2nd Bn 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Ft Lewis, WA, where I was in the MID as a SOT-A team member. I was cross trained as an 18E SF Commo Sgt. and attached to ODA-144 (MFF/HALO) and ODA-142 in A Co 2 Bn 1st SFG(A). I have also attended Ranger School, Long Range Surveillance Leaders Course, Jumpmaster School, SERE-High Risk, and several other military schools/courses.

I also was one of many first responders that responded to and assisted at Ground Zero immediately following the aftermath of 9/11/01.

I've trained at Blackwater USA, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, and Valhalla in the past and I'll be attending training classes with ICE/Combat Focus Shooting (Rob Pincus) and REDBACK ONE (Jason Falla) this summer.

I'm just getting started in competitions this year, like IDPA and multi/3-gun stuff, for some extracurricular fun and training. I'm looking forward to meeting new people with similar likes, sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning a wealth of knowledge from others as well. Thanks for having me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a software engineer/architect for 20+ years. My latest project involved working on the software that the DoD uses to track ammo shipments.

It's a comfy, good paying desk job but doesn't do much for physical or mental well being. Good thing there's an indoor range close enough to spend my lunch break at.

I have been a LEO for 9+ years in NYC. Currently working full-duty with an inside gig(by choice) with steady days off. I miss the streets but 30+ hours of overtime a month is just too good to pass up.

Another recent college grad here. Starting with a large strategy/management consulting firm in August.

Trying to get in as much shooting as I can before working 70 hours and traveling every week...

Accountant for a Wholesale fuel marketer / terminal / biodiesel plant. Been here 6 years. Just sat for the last two sections of the CPA exam and waiting for the results. Will more than likely stay here if advancement opportunity rivals what the market can offer. It's hard to give up 3 to 4 weeks of vacation.

Edited by Kevin G.

• 2 weeks later...