Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm for those who don't reload

Corjyn

Dick's Sporting Goods: Remington is ~$7/box of 50 in case lots (10 boxes or more) if you watch for sales. Reloadable brass, rather than aluminum.

Note on this ammo: it just makes 125 PF out of my 4" XD. It's done that twice in major matches. You'll want to check this in your gun before depending upon it in a major match.

Atlanta Arms & Ammo has decent factory reloaded ammo that handles well. You have to contact them to get a current price list; they don't post one on the website. I also watch www.cheaperthandirt.com, www.ammoman.com, and www.ammunitionstore.com, but they're all usually more expensive than the Remington at Dick's.

• 2 months later...

I know its dirty ammo and I have 2 clean my Ruger P95DC more often with it, but I shoot Wolf 115gr FMJ out of my Ruger. And since my sister works at the local Gander Mountain and I can get her discount on it I pick it up for 7.99/box + tax so I get it for like 8.47/box when u look at everything else about $12.00 or more a box. :cheers:

I know this was not what you requested in your post but....... With a Dillon SDB buying once fired brass and using premium coated lead bullets you would save about $85.00 per thousand. Using Montana Gold Bullets and buying once fired brass you would save about $70.00 per thousand.

Even a caveman should be able to see the pictograph on the wall. :closedeyes:

I know this was not what you requested in your post but....... With a Dillon SDB buying once fired brass and using premium coated lead bullets you would save about $85.00 per thousand. Using Montana Gold Bullets and buying once fired brass you would save about $70.00 per thousand.

Even a caveman should be able to see the pictograph on the wall. :closedeyes:

I was wondering when someone was going to chime in with some sanity

Thanks Merlin

This is one of those funny situations.

You are short on funds so buying a press, tumbler, scale, Vibra Prime :lol: and such looks like a whole ton o cash.

$ 30 ~ $ 40 once a month seems much more manageable. Now the math works out if once you shoot 6 - 8K round you have paid for the equipment but at even 200 rds per month thats 12 to 18 months time.

The solution is to find a shooting buddy who has a press or will go in halves and then it can work out with out a ton of money up front.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
And make sure you save your brass

Maybe so you can sell it. I reload only .45 but sell my 9 mm brass. Right now they are selling for around $40 per thousand which effectively reduces the cost of the factory stuff.

Obviously all the economics depend on how many rounds of a given caliber you shoot in a year.

I have also heard of a number of shooting clubs that have presses the members can use to reload. I think that's a pretty cool idea for people who aren't ready to invest in a press.