USPSA 2008 Rules 2004 Differences

Alan Meek

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...in Range Commands, "Load and make ready" has changed to simply "Make ready." (8.3.1)...

Noticed that as well. It certainly cleans up the commands for those occasional unloaded starts, and is actually redundant, if the gun is to start loaded in ready condition anyway.

Basically, "get yourself ready to go as specified in the WSB" seems to be the intent...

This should be required reading for all by 1-1-08. No excuse for not knowing. Here is a thought...put it in Front Sight and no shooter who has a USPSA number can say they did not know about the changes!!

My immense thanks, gratitude and appreciation to John and Bill for doing this.

Edited by vluc

It seems that in Range Commands, "Load and make ready" has changed to simply "Make ready." (8.3.1)

I didn't see this change mentioned in the "differences" document.

Or did I miss something?

Differences document Page 4, FF. Rule 8.3.1

Interesting.... looks like they are leaving more room to control gaming.....

What rule changes are you refering too...Forbidden Actions?

Yes. It also looks like it has the potential to limit freestyle depending how it's used. Overall, I think they did a great job. :) I read over all the changes last night and will spend some more time looking for holes, but my first impressions are they really made a good effort to find comon ground that all could live with. We aren't the easiest group to please. :D

2.3.1-3.2.6-10.2.11

Edited by JThompson

This may, just may be redundant, but, but:

Everyone needs to put into their thought process the following: USPSA RULES

Really very simple, IPSC has a rulebook available on line. It addresses IPSC Matches

USPSA Has a rulebook available online as well as in the hard copy every member will shortly receive. THis rule book covers USPSA Matches.

While the rules are similar, there are differences. Now however we do not need to decide if a rule is the rule we are to follow or if some cryptic footnote changes the entire rule, deletes the entire rule or modifies just one small portion of the rule. We, USPSA, have our own rules.

Thank you to everyone that worked so long and so hard to achieve this.

Jim

Any bets on when we will actually receive the new rulebooks???????

Mine was in the mail today!

I guess I had better start reading :blink:

Pony Express is probably slow because of the snow in the passes between here & Washington. Have to make a pass by the UPS Store to see if mine arrived or if USPS lost it because of the address change.

Pony Express is probably slow because of the snow in the passes between here & Washington.

They're actually direct-mailed from the printer, who is in Indiana or Illinois or one of those I-states ...

Bruce (for whom "back east" means anything east of the I-5 :lol: )

Posted on the USPSA website Summary of differences between the 2008 and 2004 Rules.

Alan

If you'll revisit the online indexed rulebook

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2008HandgunRulesindexed.pdf

You'll see that the difference summary has now been appended to the end of the pdf file after the rulebook and cross links back up to actual rules in the 2008 rulebook. I've also reduced the filesize from 13.5mg down to 587kb.

Pony Express is probably slow because of the snow in the passes between here & Washington.

They're actually direct-mailed from the printer, who is in Indiana or Illinois or one of those I-states ...

Bruce (for whom "back east" means anything east of the I-5 :lol: )

I got mine yesterday and I'm in IL. :cheers: