Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new fat free

Adam B

Very nice Adam!!! Looks to me like you changed your mind on the build based on what you said at the Territoral Match. Make sure Matt shoots it Iam curious to hear what he thinks as well as how you like it considering all the differant guns you have owned. Please give me a performance review....super nice gun well done.

jo :cheers:

Great looking blaster. I'm not sure if its me or the pic or not, but the IonBond finish looks to me like it needs a drink!

Ryan explained to me (I live close enough that I drove up there and had a long chat with him) that the finish is basically thousands of microscopic "tubes" all lying along side one another, and when you first get it, it looks "blotchy" similiar to what I see in the pics. He oils it, but when you get it you need to really oil it up well as the "tubes" soak up the oil and needs a few good oilings to really get the finish looking good, then when the gun "needs" lubrication, the tubes let it out. Once really oiled up good, the finish is smooth and uniform.

If you oil the gun up well, then lie it on its side on a carpeted shelf in a gun safe, the carpet will "soak" out some of the oil, and you'll get that same blotchy look whereever it was lying on the carpet.

Again, could be the pics, or my eyes, but didnt know if anyone explained it to you or not.

I think that pistol was all matt finish, but I agree it need a drink, a good oiling and rub down daily for 3 or 4 days should bring it right up. I have a ss tu tone with the ion slide and its amazing stuff, tough as diamonds and slick as all get out. I have to fight the impluse to do my fat free right over the hard chrome.---------------Larry