Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

Hi Folks,

I just got word from France that our region was selected to host the first-ever Pan American Shotgun Championship in 2010. We have not hosted a Level IV match since 2000 when we did the Pan American Handgun Championships at PASA. This is a monumental undertaking, and will take a lot of effort to pull off. I put the proposal in through Mike Voigt and our Area 1 Director, Bruce Gary did the presentation at the General Assembly in Cheval Blanc. They approved the proposal, and (Lord help us) David Ball and I were selected to Co-MD the event. Dave is a great guy who knows match logistics, and he will be handling the administrative end of things. I will be handling stage design and RO procurement, and getting the match on the ground (operations). We have been approved to TENTATIVELY host it in June 2010 in Michigan, BUT we are exploring other locations (It is ALL still on the table.). IPSC basically awards the match to a host region, and assigns the match director(s). It is then up to us to nail things down.

We will be finalizing a lot of things in the upcoming winter months when we have a bit more time to dedicate to such ventures. We will keep you posted on this thread as things progress. As of right now, it is slated to be 21 stages shot in a 3 day format. There will be a 2 day prematch for RO's and vendors to shoot, and we will have a shoot-off. We will have a banquet and awards presentation as well. Match fee will be $350 (same cost as the European Shotgun Championships were in 2006). We have already solicited some excellent shotgun stage designers off the forums (Kurt M, Trpr, Pat Kelly, Taran, Jeff Cramblitt, Neil Beverly, etc...). Our Chief RM for the event will be Myro Lopez from the Phillipines, and we will have 3 other "area RM's" TBD. This could be a prelude to hosting the World Shoot in 2011, as the hosting of a Level IV is a pre-requisite to being considered for a region hosting a Level V.

We will be putting out the "call for staff" quite early on this, so that we can procure the best possible RO's for this event. We will be having a lot of "out of country" participants, so it will be particularly important for us to put our best face forward. Please, if you would like to help with this venture in any capacity, email me at: jlafave@mich.com or PM me on the forum. This is going to be an AWESOME match that will really test your abilities with a scattergun. We are going to bring all our resources to bare and plan to make this one to remember. I firmly believe that we have the best stage designers, RO's and shotgun shooters in the World in the US, and I want us to really put on a show that the IPSC world will not soon forget. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

DVC,

Jeff LaFave

Link to update deeper in this thread with dates

Edited by 00bullitt

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game on boys, the world will be coming to see us on our turf, we want to put on a great match and an even better shooting demonstration, if everyone bails in and helps this should be awesome and we actually have time to get it all together

See you all real soon

jeff

I will be there, hell if us Brits cant show a 64 year old how to do it then I may as well hang up my guage ! :rolleyes:

I am only going to go if I can be guaranteed to beat Jeff and Kelly.... again !! :ph34r::lol:

Slap talking 3 years before the match - I love it !

Hey, great news!

Especially since under IPSC rules we can load our Open shotguns all the way instead of having to comply with the now-defunct (except in USPSA) 1994 Omnibus Crime Control Bill...

Benny, by the time this match rolls around you will be up to 75% replacment parts anyway...better, stronger, faster... :D

Alex

Mike, if you think you are going to beat me you might as well stay home and drink!!!!! Then again, Kurt and I will probably be holed up at my range practicing for the month before, if you agree to buy the ammo and booze we may let you come too, if we can get you a green card for that long

jc

Benny making excuses already, Benny if the years worry you then you play match director and put on a prematch sooner, we'll be there, you can even use my place, I think we could fit 10-12 stages, but with your money we could build 10 more bays

Edited by benelli2

9 at the start, then whatever it'll hold, so long as it meets the overall length requirements.

Trapr

So one big party prior to the match, sounds really good.

There are no length restrictions in the current rules for Standard Division. This is unlikely to change. So, for a fully loaded start, as Trapr says, you start with a maximum of 9 in the gun. If an empty chamber start then the maximum is reduced to 8 rounds.

This applies equally to Standard Manual Division.

Open Division is truly Open, except, of course, no full autos.

Modified Division can be summarised as:

• No optics
    Ports OK
    Compensators OK
    Single fixed magazine tube
    No speedloaders
    Must not exceed 1320mm in total length (must fit in a box)
    No restrictions on the number of rounds loaded provided the gun fits it the box.

Will one need to qualify for this match? I'll have more vacation time by then and it sounds verrry interesting!

There will be a slot allocation process. Traditionally, they reserve a percentage of the slots for the host region. If you really desire a slot, I am confident you will be able to get it. I am getting "educated" on these things as we speak, and more details will be forthcoming soon.

Jeff LaFave

Co-MD

Edited by Barrettone

neil, then why did they measure the length of our guns in Greece?

Trapr

To keep the match clean. Certain critical data was recorded about each gun so that any attempts at change could be more easily identified. Actually it's more applicable to Open and Mofified where a shorter barrel and shorter mag tube may be an advantage on Short Courses with limited room to manoeuvre. The type of sights fitted to the gun was recorded as well, amongst other things. One competitor, one gun for the entire match.

At the ESC03 match, a first for many, there were some "misunderstandings" and some cries of "foul". We had no such complaints in Kavala.

I am only going to go if I can be guaranteed to beat Jeff and Kelly.... again !! :ph34r::lol:

Slap talking 3 years before the match - I love it !

I only let you beat me because you were my host and I had no place else to go in London. Kurt was not so polite as I.

There must be a length restriction in modified class. My friend Tommi had to shoot the Nordic Championships without a recoil pad as his shotgun was a little too long. The match directors checked each competitor at all three matches to make sure their guns and equipment met the rules. It did save a lot of confusion.

Carl