Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to PanAmericanShotgun.org and click on the application at the bottom. Fill out the form and email it to Linda. You have to email Mike Voight, too-I think Linda will give you instructions an how to do this. There were 66 slots for the US-I would think there are some left. I think it is going to be a great match.

Those TechwearUSA Match Polo/Shirts look pretty cool. :)

Are Techwear polo's or shirts usually tigth or loose?

In Europe most of the time i am good to go with a size XL so i should order that size i guess.

Just asking advice since in U.S. things seem to be bigger :unsure:

Thanks for any info

Adrie

• 3 weeks later...

Go to PanAmericanShotgun.org and click on the application at the bottom. Fill out the form and email it to Linda. You have to email Mike Voight, too-I think Linda will give you instructions an how to do this. There were 66 slots for the US-I would think there are some left. I think it is going to be a great match.

There are now lots of slots to this match since the word I hear is that Canada turned their slots back which seems silly to me.

When I spoke with Linda Chico at Area 6 she advised me that anyone should just go ahead and send their application to her at the site noted above. As long as you are a USPSA member, you are going to get into the match and she takes care of getting Michael's approval.

Folks we have 30 great stages of shotgun at a wonderful facility. Everything about this match is completely first class. One would think we at this point would have a waiting list but in fact we have just the opposite and it is going to be a shame if the world comes to Bowling Green and there are not enough US shooters to fill the match. Are we doing something wrong here?

I'd love to shoot it, but the match fee is a bit on the high side. I know if you break down the $$$ per stage, it's not as expensive as most 3 gun matches, but writing the check is the part that hurts.

Just speaking for myself here.....

I figured you had done it Linda, I was just joking about IROA simply because whenever I go to a Level IV the RO's are always in the best hotel and dont mind telling everyone about it ! :rolleyes:

Mike, you certainly know that I like to be sure the staff gets treated right. In addition to room and board, there will be a staff lounge, stocked with snacks & drinks (including offerings from one of our match sponsors: Maker's Mark!) :cheers: While the hotel on site is clean and comfortable, it is not luxurious.

Anyone who wants "high end" accommodations will have to stay in Bowling Green.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Pan American Shotgun Match Director

My strong preference is to stay at the lodge on site even though it is a tad "quaint" so here is my offer. If you have a reservation at the lodge and had rather stay at the higher end accomodations in Cave City or Bowling Green, send me am IM and not only will I pick up your reservation, I will give you $50 to cover your back and forth between your new hotel and the range.

i've heard and seen reference to Canada backing out of the panam slots but cannot find the story or reason behind it does anyone have definitive reference to it.

Trapr

Canada did not "back out" - they just never used the slots they were allotted. Because IPSC is so big in Canada, they were assigned 66 slots (same as the US & same as Brazil). What I did not find out until after the match dates were pretty much set in stone, is that the Canadian IPSC Nationals are the same weekend as the Pan Am. To re-cap, The Canadian Nationals were not (at that time) posted on the IPSC website nor was it listed on the IPSC Canada site. Last summer, the only notice of those dates were on the British Columbia- Canada site.

Some Canadians who are IROA & personal friends will be working the match. We have no Canadian shooters signed up for the main match. Some of the Canadian slots went to Asian or European shooters (all non-Pan Am regions had a total of 30 slots at the start). But I still have over 40 that I would love to distribute to more US shooters.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

I figured you had done it Linda, I was just joking about IROA simply because whenever I go to a Level IV the RO's are always in the best hotel and dont mind telling everyone about it ! :rolleyes:

Mike, you certainly know that I like to be sure the staff gets treated right. In addition to room and board, there will be a staff lounge, stocked with snacks & drinks (including offerings from one of our match sponsors: Maker's Mark!) :cheers: While the hotel on site is clean and comfortable, it is not luxurious.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

My strong preference is to stay at the lodge on site even though it is a tad "quaint" so here is my offer. If you have a reservation at the lodge and had rather stay at the higher end accomodations in Cave City or Bowling Green, send me am IM and not only will I pick up your reservation, I will give you $50 to cover your back and forth between your new hotel and the range.

Sorry Charles, but you may need to talk to the Brazilians. 50 of the rooms are reserved for staff - under my name & the staff is required to stay on site. I will make those room assignments & they cannot swap to stay in Bowling Green. This is a room & board deal for the staff & is calculated at 2 per room. It saves the out of town (& out of country) staff the cost of a rental car, and I do not have to worry about people reporting late to work at the stages.

It is my understanding that a travel agency from Brazil booked the remaining rooms.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Edited by LChico

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sorry Charles, but you may need to talk to the Brazilians. 50 of the rooms are reserved for staff - under my name & the staff is required to stay on site. I will make those room assignments & they cannot swap to stay in Bowling Green. This is a room & board deal for the staff & is calculated at 2 per room. It saves the out of town (& out of country) staff the cost of a rental car, and I do not have to worry about people reporting late to work at the stages.

It is my understanding that a travel agency from Brazil booked the remaining rooms.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Hey I like those guys from Brazil!

I'd love to shoot it, but the match fee is a bit on the high side. I know if you break down the $$$ per stage, it's not as expensive as most 3 gun matches, but writing the check is the part that hurts.

Just speaking for myself here.....

+1

It also doesn't help matters that the following weekend is RM3G. I really hate to miss a match of this caliber though. Decisions, decisions.

After being at the RockCastle site for the Blue Ridge,it is easy to see this is the place to hold a tournament of this size. Lots of space and beautiful terrain. I am excited just to be able to shoot and learn the IPSC shotgun game. Hopefully I will get to be squadded with some of my Italian or German friends or with anybody really -this type of match embodies what IPSC is supposed to be-a mixing of cultures-all of whom love the sport of competitive shooting. It will be good.

After being at the RockCastle site for the Blue Ridge,it is easy to see this is the place to hold a tournament of this size. Lots of space and beautiful terrain. I am excited just to be able to shoot and learn the IPSC shotgun game. Hopefully I will get to be squadded with some of my Italian or German friends or with anybody really -this type of match embodies what IPSC is supposed to be-a mixing of cultures-all of whom love the sport of competitive shooting. It will be good.

Very well put.

i've heard and seen reference to Canada backing out of the panam slots but cannot find the story or reason behind it does anyone have definitive reference to it.

Trapr

Canada did not "back out" - they just never used the slots they were allotted. Because IPSC is so big in Canada, they were assigned 66 slots (same as the US & same as Brazil). What I did not find out until after the match dates were pretty much set in stone, is that the Canadian IPSC Nationals are the same weekend as the Pan Am. To re-cap, The Canadian Nationals were not (at that time) posted on the IPSC website nor was it listed on the IPSC Canada site. Last summer, the only notice of those dates were on the British Columbia- Canada site.

Some Canadians who are IROA & personal friends will be working the match. We have no Canadian shooters signed up for the main match. Some of the Canadian slots went to Asian or European shooters (all non-Pan Am regions had a total of 30 slots at the start). But I still have over 40 that I would love to distribute to more US shooters.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

I did some digging with a Canadian customs friend of mine and found out the following: 3 gun is not as popular as handgun matches, like Linda said, not that folks don't want to shoot but it is do to the restrictions in Canada. For example, AR style rifles and semi auto shotguns are limited to 5 rounds. However a pump shotgun has unlimited capacity...go figure! So for these reasons one can only assume that this is why handgun matches are more popular in Canada.

I believe the combination of the restrictions and the Canadian IPSC nationals during the same time frame is why slots were returned for the Pan American.....and it was not for my lack of trying to talk some of them into coming south for a good time!

I did some digging with a Canadian customs friend of mine and found out the following: 3 gun is not as popular as handgun matches, like Linda said, not that folks don't want to shoot but it is do to the restrictions in Canada. For example, AR style rifles and semi auto shotguns are limited to 5 rounds. However a pump shotgun has unlimited capacity...go figure! So for these reasons one can only assume that this is why handgun matches are more popular in Canada.

I believe the combination of the restrictions and the Canadian IPSC nationals during the same time frame is why slots were returned for the Pan American.....and it was not for my lack of trying to talk some of them into coming south for a good time!

If you are a Canadian shooter and reading this and you want to shoot this match with a Benelli semiauto shotgun, enter the match and contact me. I have a M-1 with a pistol grip and I have an M-2 with a conventional grip that I will be glad to bring to the match for your use free of charge. While I only have two extra shotguns available, I bet there are other shooters in the US who would do the same thing.

Edited by Charles Bond

If you are a Canadian shooter and reading this and you want to shoot this match with a Benelli semiauto shotgun, enter the match and contact me. I have a M-1 with a pistol grip and I have an M-2 with a conventional grip that I will be glad to bring to the match for your use free of charge. While I only have two extra shotguns available, I bet there are other shooters in the US who would do the same thing.

Absolutely. I'll have my Winchester Super X2 Practical available. (I'm just shooting the staff match, eh?).

I will be there with a spare R&R Open Saiga shotgun. Contact me via PM and we can squad together. Come down and see what you folks up north are missing.

Doug

Doug: This is a shotgun match not an imigration recruitment campaign. :cheers:

If you are a shooter from Area 6 and you are entered in the Pan Am Shotgun match or if you are entering the match, please email me at cvbond@gmail.com and advise me of your name, address, phone number and shirt size.

Charles Bond

I will be there with a spare R&R Open Saiga shotgun. Contact me via PM and we can squad together. Come down and see what you folks up north are missing.

Doug

Doug: This is a shotgun match not an imigration recruitment campaign. :cheers:

I don't want them to move here, just to feel bad when they leave!

Doug