Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

this is excellent news Jeff, and very nice to have it as soon as possible, Next year will be the European SG championships and I'm sure there will be alot of talk about the PanAm match.

Stage ideas will be forthcoming from me, along with some devious ideas that could be used in a stage.

Trapr

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even at last weekends SK Cup in Germany there was already significant talk about this match Trapr. ;)

With next year ESC coming up shotgun is hot at the moment.

Myself find it difficult to plan already for 2010 but the PanAm sure got my attention too.

Greetings

Adrie

• 1 month later...

Jeff, I sent you an email today regarding our coming facility in Kentucky, The Rockcastle Shooting Center. Look forward to talking with you.

Hi Folks,

I just got word from France that our region was selected to host the first-ever Pan American Shotgun Championship in 2010. We have not hosted a Level IV match since 2000 when we did the Pan American Handgun Championships at PASA. This is a monumental undertaking, and will take a lot of effort to pull off. I put the proposal in through Mike Voigt and our Area 1 Director, Bruce Gary did the presentation at the General Assembly in Cheval Blanc. They approved the proposal, and (Lord help us) David Ball and I were selected to Co-MD the event. Dave is a great guy who knows match logistics, and he will be handling the administrative end of things. I will be handling stage design and RO procurement, and getting the match on the ground (operations). We have been approved to TENTATIVELY host it in June 2010 in Michigan, BUT we are exploring other locations (It is ALL still on the table.). IPSC basically awards the match to a host region, and assigns the match director(s). It is then up to us to nail things down.

We will be finalizing a lot of things in the upcoming winter months when we have a bit more time to dedicate to such ventures. We will keep you posted on this thread as things progress. As of right now, it is slated to be 21 stages shot in a 3 day format. There will be a 2 day prematch for RO's and vendors to shoot, and we will have a shoot-off. We will have a banquet and awards presentation as well. Match fee will be $350 (same cost as the European Shotgun Championships were in 2006). We have already solicited some excellent shotgun stage designers off the forums (Kurt M, Trpr, Pat Kelly, Taran, Jeff Cramblitt, Neil Beverly, etc...). Our Chief RM for the event will be Myro Lopez from the Phillipines, and we will have 3 other "area RM's" TBD. This could be a prelude to hosting the World Shoot in 2011, as the hosting of a Level IV is a pre-requisite to being considered for a region hosting a Level V.

We will be putting out the "call for staff" quite early on this, so that we can procure the best possible RO's for this event. We will be having a lot of "out of country" participants, so it will be particularly important for us to put our best face forward. Please, if you would like to help with this venture in any capacity, email me at: jlafave@mich.com or PM me on the forum. This is going to be an AWESOME match that will really test your abilities with a scattergun. We are going to bring all our resources to bare and plan to make this one to remember. I firmly believe that we have the best stage designers, RO's and shotgun shooters in the World in the US, and I want us to really put on a show that the IPSC world will not soon forget. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

DVC,

Jeff LaFave

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys, I work in a union shop and we have to sign up for next years vacation in about two weeks. Does anyone have any good dates for this match? I would like to go if possible, but I need dates. Once we signup for vacations, it is written in stone and not changable, so any help would be fantastic. Thanks!!

Hey Guys, I work in a union shop and we have to sign up for next years vacation in about two weeks. Does anyone have any good dates for this match? I would like to go if possible, but I need dates. Once we signup for vacations, it is written in stone and not changable, so any help would be fantastic. Thanks!!

2010 PanAm IPSC Shotgun Championship

Linda Chico – Administrative Match Director

Larry Houck – Co-Match Director

Main Event July 29 through August 1 of 2010 (Thurs thru Sunday)

at Rockcastle Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort in Park KY (Site of the Blue Ridge 3 Gun)

Plans are for 30 stages – over 375 rounds

IPSC rules – Medal match only

Tentative plans for 300 to 350 shooters. National Teams from the PanAmerican IPSC countries, and individual and category medals.

Application available after 2nd week of January.

Website will be up later this weekend. Other dates and deadlines will post at that time. Contact LChico@msn.com for details.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC PanAm Shotgun Match Director

Edited by LChico

You can shoot the PanAm and then get your little A__ to Raton. It's like an 18 hour drive, if you leave by 3 pm, you'll be there by 9 am Monday. The foxholes will probably already be dug... :wacko:

We don't get to go either, but for a while, I thought it was going to be the same weekend, so I'm happier now!

Maybe some of the shooters will be able to do both, but you working stiffs...it'll be tight! :roflol:

This is going to be one great match. Rock Castle Shooting Center is the bomb and anyone who shot Blue Ridge last year will tell yoiu. The plan is for 30 stages but actually there is room for 100. There is an on site hotel with a great place to eat. The folks there want us. Now we just need to make sure the store just down the road from the range knows we are coming so they do not run out of gatorade.............

I think that's the same time as the Canadian Nationals in Vancouver BC. Oh well, only so many Summer weekends to go around so there are bound to be conflicts. Sigh.

?

The only Canadian match on the IPSC Calendar for 2010 is a pistol charity match in September. Also did not find any reference to those dates being taken on the IPSC Canada site.

I am not happy that we are so close to Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, but I hope everyone realizes the difficulty of selecting dates with as few conflicts as possible (on 3 continents) and among several different types of shooting disciplines.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

We know you did your best! No worries!

It's a good time of year, and Rockcastle is really a great venue!!! (Though I wonder how the ticks are in August?? In April, it was raining ticks! :roflol: )

Maybe a few people will make it a double match vacation and head out to JP RM3G when they're done at the Pan Am!!

Denise

We know you did your best! No worries!

It's a good time of year, and Rockcastle is really a great venue!!! (Though I wonder how the ticks are in August?? In April, it was raining ticks! :roflol: )

Maybe a few people will make it a double match vacation and head out to JP RM3G when they're done at the Pan Am!!

Denise

Hmm, considering wife just gave me all blessngs to go to the PanAm IF I get an IROA slot, I may actually be able to do a double with RM3g! :surprise:

Dagfinn

2010 PanAm IPSC Shotgun Championship

Linda Chico – Administrative Match Director

Larry Houck – Co-Match Director

Main Event July 29 through August 1 of 2010 (Thurs thru Sunday)

at Castle Rock Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort in Park KY (Site of the Blue Ridge 3 Gun)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Hi Linda,

I would like to use my own ammo. would it be legal to ship a bunch of shotgun ammo into the US ahead of the match? How do I go about doing it?

I tried looking at the ATF website but couldn't find the right guidelines/permit.

Thanks in advance