Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lodging in Tulsa

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Select that was the match hotel for Nats. For one night. It has surely seen better days. On the plus side, there were plenty of places to eat nearby.

We retreatd to the Radisson at the airport, which gave us the same rates as the Holiday Inn for the rest of the week. Select Comfort beds, A/C that worked and a safer place to park your car. The hot water went out on two rooms in our party, but the other two worked fine. The rooms that lost hot water were comped and the guys just used the other two showers so it really worked out well for them. ;)

If I were to do it again (and when I go back next year), I plan to stay at the Holiday Inn in Owasso. VERY close to the range, looked brand new, and there was plenty of restaraunt choices nearby, which was lacking at the Radisson.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Select on Gilcrease Museum road. Close to the range, but run by a bunch of teenagers (apparently, never saw anyone over the age of 20 except for the "night auditor") who are marginally competent to run a Halo 2 game.

The rooms are nice, but if you're a light sleeper the late-night boom-box autos visiting the QuikTrip next door will wake you.

Me, I sleep like the dead, so no problem.

I stayed at the Best Western Airport, for $60 per night, plus tax [internet rate]. It was clean. Didn't spend much time there anyway.

Mediocre breakfast buffet each day was free. Business center computer for use of guests. Rooms close to the office, and on the first level, had free wireless internet [2nd floor rooms couldn't pick it up.]

Edited by professor

Best Western Airport. Rooms not great but clean. Shower head right in front of my eyes, so if you're taller than 5'10" you'd have to shower on your knees. Breakfast sucked! However, taxi service to and from the range was excellent! Watcha' say, Professor? ;)

I stayed at the Holiday Inn (match hotel). AC dripped H2O on my floor before someone got up to fix it....2 days to do so. Not a great hotel. Too far away from the range for my taste. 25 min drive at least.

I'd stay up in Owasso next time, Holiday inn or the best western. Plenty of restaurants and very close to the range.

I too was at the match hotel. Bathroom ceiling had a leak .... dripped "black water" right onto the clean towels. We mentioned it to the front desk and they took care of it. But as for what you got for the price ... it was not worth it. A little far from the range, the breakfast bar staff was less than stellar, and the beds were a little stiff.

I think anything near the airport would be an improvement. Especially after a few people left the Match hotel, and went to the Raddison .... I think they left many favorable reports.

Best Western Airport. Rooms not great but clean. Shower head right in front of my eyes, so if you're taller than 5'10" you'd have to shower on your knees. Breakfast sucked! However, taxi service to and from the range was excellent! Watcha' say, Professor? ;)

Yeah, Nemo took good care of ferrying me back and forth. And with the added benefit of a "photographer pass" for Yasim, we stepped from the car to the chrono stage each day.

[Thanks also to Bob Perdue for bringing the 'little red wagon' for my gear and a folding chair for me once we got to the range].

Went on PriceLine for 3 STAR downtown - offered $ 69 accepted for the Crowne Plaza. They're still in the process of remodeling but we had one of the remodeled rooms. It was very nice.

The only complaints were that they did not want to give me the King room that I requested but a discussion with on duty manager followed by request to speak with the head magager fixed that and they were having problems with their in house TV signal that was mildly annoying.

Edited by reneet

Country Inn and Suites on N. Garnnet, $66@night. So so breakfast, plenty of hot water. About 12 minutes to the range and 12 minutes to 71st. Showtime in the room. Rooms are a good size. I took two queen beds because I dump my stuff on the other bed.

The first exit East of 169 on the 244.

Easy in and easy out. Fairly quiet. But you have to drive to get food.

Airport is 7 minutes away.

Having had my nose broken a few times, my sense of smell isn't so good, but the match hotel where I staying stunk, bathtub was broken, and if someone else wasn't paying for the room I would have left the first day. I do think getting a room closer to the range would have been a good move.

Comfort Inn Airport. 15 min from the range, 5 mins from the airport, free wireless internet, fridge, microwave, free breakfast (waffles), near Elysium (he he), $59 a night, great place to stay. Stayed there last year and will stay there again.

Anyone stay at the Best Western Owasso Inn & Suites (7653 N Owasso Expressway ) ????

I've got reservations there for the MG match, but haven't heard mention of it. It seems to be booked up for the match and is really close to the range.....

4.4 miles to be exact.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select (match hotel).

I was impressed with the large number of eating places easily within walking distance from the hotel.

I was unimpressed with the room. Light fixture didn't work, and it smelled in the room as well. Temperature control was not very effective (kind of ancient), but the breakfast buffet was excellent. I wish the hotel would have had a hot tub or sauna. I won't be staying there any longer...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the first overnight break in on the backside of the hotel. After that little incident, a parking spot in the front parking lot was hard to find.

We stayed at the match hotel. Horrible room. Stunk real bad,A/C was extremely noisy and parking lot security was BS. Brealfast buffet was good but the staff was crap. I was the Avalanche that got the window busted out of it for my GPS and everything else they could grab within reach. Next year its Owasso for me. I DO NOT recommend the Holiday Inn at 5000 East Skelly drive to anyone.