Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's keep promoting USPSA Revolver Division

Carmoney

I'm trying my best against the bottom feeders with my 627 im production. (Some days are better than others).

If we have dot sights, etc, then it doesn't count as much. They're already beating me up about the ammo in front this year!

We get 0-3 revos at club matches in central florida, and I have enough trouble with 8 round neutral courses. If they let the 8 shooters in revo, I know a few guys that would be in.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff,

Your are missing the point, if we had this simple modification of the rules you would be able to actually compete in all of these divisions. You are absolutely right that for 99% of us this is just about having fun, and since we are not making any money at this (quite the opposite, we tend to spend too much) the little gratification that we do get comes in part when you see your score posted above the various auto shooters that you have managed to out score. There is no down side to this rule modification. USPSA does not have the burden of creating any more divisions or subdivisions. I would just like to be allowed to pit my open eight shooter against the Single Stacks and Production shooters. It's fun to underdog your self and win in spite of this. Another advantage is that it would give older revolver shooters who can't see iron sights any more a place where they could still have a lot of fun. There is no down side.

I would have to agree with Cliff on this one; you can shoot that gun in Open and do your own comparison of the scores later. It will most definitely tick off shooters in any other division if you show up with a scope. You can talk about more reloads, slower reloads all day but in the end they will not take the whole scope thing well.

-ld

If I were a revolver shooter, I'd play with 8 shots in Production. It would be fun to for all the reasons mentioned. And, it would be straight up competition without playing with the division rules. Revolver shooter get to put their speedloaders/moonclips up front with the new rule book, right?

I shoot a revo in revo class because ther is a revo class and I have competition in the class. There are only three now in my area, Waltermitty, Lance the new guy. and myself. We have a couple more getting into it. Mostly because of Waltermitty going out of his way to be kind to to all shooters and get input from them and give advise when asked. I get to go out of my area and shoot with some guys in Arkansas. The revo crowd is growing but there is just a lot of other stuff to shoot. I shoot open when OKC has the open limited sectional,(revolver) I don't win but have a good time. I am now getting an 8 shot limited gun that I may shoot in production only if no other revos show up. Optics are a big advantage over iron sights in some stages. I'm ok with just seeing the overall scores and doing my own what if's. The way it used to be before the division thingy. If you want to shoot Open Revolver there is ICORE, but you may have to build your own local club to do it. I guess I'm just lucky to be able to have at lest one or two shooters in revo at some matches. Well that's just about enuff from me.. later rdd

I've been shooting my 8 shot in L10-minor since last year some time. As soon as the IRC is over with I'm going to switch to Shooting Production and see how that goes. I recently won the L10 match when the person I usually compete with DQ'ed. I did beat 6 or 7 other bottom feeding shooters in L10, most of them shooting major to my minor. I finally put the sights onto my 627 that I wanted. Now to set up the backup 627 with all the bells and whistles..

California FINALLY approved the new model 610-3's in 6.5" tubes so as soon as my dealer can get one, I'll have another for backup in Revolver division. :) woo hoo!

I actually shot the IPSC Nationals in Australia few years back with an Open Revo. There were 4 of us, including 8shooter from this forum, and we competed in Open Class. We actually took some prizes down too. Fortunately we shot that match for fun, and weren't overly concerned about beating too many others ( although we did ).

I have also competed in Open class during my 12mths in KY, and 8shooter still competes with an Open Revo at IPSC matches, simply because ( as he says )" Because I can."

At the end of the day, if you're not having fun....get into knitting.

:roflol:

I shoot the local matches in my area with my open 8 revolver and I do tend to beat a few. My goal is to get classified in USPSA as a A class shooter in open using a revolver. The only reason I am doing this is for self satisfaction and I get to brag a little. I do have a way to go to get there though. When stages are 6 or 8 shot friendly and movement is required to where you can reload after six or eight shots it usually makes it a level playing field. I do this for fun cause if it was for the money I would be anorexic and I sure in the hell wouldn't be able to keep my family fed or even have a family.

I want an OPEN REVOLVER CLASS.

If you want open revo class, start showing up at major matches and shoot open with a revo. Show up at the open Nats with open revo and compete. You will have to show that there are enough shooters to justify a new class.

Let us know what matches you plan to shoot so we can watch the results.

I would have to agree with Cliff on this one; you can shoot that gun in Open and do your own comparison of the scores later. It will most definitely tick off shooters in any other division if you show up with a scope. You can talk about more reloads, slower reloads all day but in the end they will not take the whole scope thing well.

-ld

You are obviously an intelligent, well read, and worldly individual

-ld

Does he know you? :goof:

I guess I'm lucky. During the winter the club I shoot with thurs evenings has grown to having 4 or 5 revo shooters since I started with them. I was the only one then a couple guys who had been shooting years before came back because someone else was (me) and we've gotten a couple of converts. 4 or 5 out of 25 ain't bad. One nite was 6 of 25. Definitely more fun when you're not the only one. Maybe there's hope.

Edited by Tom E

-ld

Does he know you? :goof:

It sure doesn't sound like it!

:roflol:

-ld

Here is something I found a little odd. Three neighboring southern states. Here's the roundgun attendance:

Alabama Sectional 0 Revo

Georgia A-6 5 Revo

South Carolina Sect 11 Revo

With 11 Revo shooters at Carolina , I was thinking the larger Area 6 match would have produced even more, but that was not the case. Only 1 GM (J M), 2 B, and 2 C shooters.

One of the cool things about the Carolina match was most of the Revo guys were squadded together.

One factor may be recognition. Everyone enjoys a little recognition. At SC we are a level 2 match. The Area match has to be a Level 3.

From Appendix A2 in the rulebook:

1. Divisions

Level I and Level II A minimum of 5 competitors per Division (recommended)

Level III / Nationals A minimum of 10 competitors per Division (mandatory)

SC is free to ignore the recommendations and awards checks & plaques based on 3 shooters in a division or class. We gave 5 awards to Revelover shooters & a total of $725 in checks.

The revo guys were squadded together because that is what they requested. I don't use the on-line squadding, but I always honor requests. And it doesn't hurt that the stats lady hangs out on the Revolver forum . . . :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC State Match Statistician

Cliff,

you will need to talk them into making it a level III match for that.

Mississippi Classic in 2 1/2 weeks is one, (have been telling ya'll that for years) <_< and there is a STRONG number of local wheelgunners to watch out for.

Hopalong

Mark this match down on your calendars for next year. South Carolina is not to be missed. Maybe we can get the 20 revos we need for nationals slots.

If the same 11 would come again next year , myself and at least two others that I know of could be talked into shooting the wheelgun at Carolina Sect. That would just leave 6 shy of 20. Surely , between now and next May we could get 6 more Revo's. ;)

Heck , we might could get Nemo to come back to the six shooter. :P

I have 2 used NM moonclip holders with 9/16" posts that will fit a 625, 25, or 627 that are available free to the first 2

junior revolver shooters who contact me via pm or em (no phone calls). Must be ICORE or USPSA members. Please provide your membership number and address in your pm or em.

Bob

Edited by slflr

I've been going to local USPSA matches lately, but have had to shoot Ltd 10 because my 627 is not viable in revolver division. With the number of rd I shoot and commidity prices escalating without a ceiling in sight, 38s just work better for me.

It's a great sport - I'm really enjoying it. Keep up the good work.

Craig