Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jarrett and Leatham 6" Limited Guns

Interceptor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Ted Bonnet won the world( twice) he was shooting guns that looked like he drug them to the match behind his truck.--------Larry

I shot with Ted at Area 4 when it was in Texarkana, he had the ugglist gun I had ever seen. He's one heck of a nice guy to boot.

Rumor has it that TJ had gun problems today ;) Still sure you want a gun that runs like his??? :lol: (I hate to see it happen to someone.... just don't assume that because someone is a sponsored shooter that they have 100% reliable equipment.... ;) ).

I guess I'm disappointed in the companies that sponsor them. If we're to bring new shooters into the sport, it doesn't help if the top shooters are using "fugly" guns. None of my guns are nice looking but at least its presentable. I'm more function over form but for the guys that are sponsored? They should be provided something visually appealling to the casual observer. Don't get me wrong. I like the lightening cuts on both guns and can only wish my guns run as well as theirs.

Can you tell who is from the racing world? ;)

The team colors are flown on the shooter, not the gun, unlike a race car. With all the tweaking that is done, the guns would spend more time in shipping getting refinished before every match than being shot. I'll bet Todds gun is in the white while Robbies looks pretty good despite all the removed metal, it's a bit greasy, but looks pretty new. Nice even finish. They remind me of the old super lightened Steel challenge guns....almost Open looking :)

:P:D:lol: Equipments gotta look nice to attract more sponsors ;) . I guess dealing with teams that have, on average, a budget of $10 million dollars a year isn't leaving me with the proper mindset when it comes to the shooting community. :P

:P:D:lol: Equipments gotta look nice to attract more sponsors ;) . I guess dealing with teams that have, on average, a budget of $10 million dollars a year isn't leaving me with the proper mindset when it comes to the shooting community. :P

If you find a sponsor willing to give me $10k a year (never mind $10 million) let me know...lol

The difference between the pro and amatuer. They view those guns as tools to get the job done. I am sure they could care less what they look like if they do the job when called on.
That almost sounds like a bad thing. Playing with pretty toys is half the fun!

100% equipment???????? I know some stuff is better than others , but nothing manmade will always be 100%. Why heck , I have even seen Glock Perfection malfunction from time to time!!!!! :lol:

I believe sooner or later everyone will experience an equipment malfunction. Just some will experience less than others.

When Ted Bonnet won the world( twice) he was shooting guns that looked like he drug them to the match behind his truck.--------Larry

I shot with Ted at Area 4 when it was in Texarkana, he had the ugglist gun I had ever seen. He's one heck of a nice guy to boot.

I shot with Ted at Rivercity about a month ago, still pretty quick, still really nice guy, better looking gun.---------Larry

My problem is that neither gun company catalogs a gun that is anything like them.

Para at least makes a 40. Springfield made a Trophy match in .40 for a little while then quit. If they will make a 9mm why not .40? Same with the wide body. They only make a wide body in the bare bones mil-spec now and in .45...why not .40?