Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 PRODUCTION NATIONALS - match underway

dirtypool40

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Dave shot a very solid match. His only Mike came on what appears to be his last stage.

Max looks like he went for it on the last stage, posting the fastest time...but giving up just a little too much in the points.

One Alpha instead of a Charlie and Max would have been the winner. :ph34r:

As tight as these two past National Champs were, Bob Vogel was right there...only 30pts back. What a show.

Looks like Dave shot a very solid match. His only Mike came on what appears to be his last stage.

Max looks like he went for it on the last stage, posting the fastest time...but giving up just a little too much in the points.

One Alpha instead of a Charlie and Max would have been the winner. :ph34r:

As tight as these two past National Champs were, Bob Vogel was right there...only 30pts back. What a show.

One more change either way and things would have been different. MAN what a tight match.

Looks like Albany Rifle & Pistol Club's very own Chris Cordoza (CCS Junior Team) took 3rd B and Top Junior. Congrats Chris!

Anyone know what happened to Chuck Anderson? Interim results show him, but the finals don't and it doesn't look like he DQ'ed/

Congrats Max - 4 weeks to prep that CZ 75 SP01, and 2nd at the Nats !!!!

A testimonial to a great shooter, and the SP-01 will have to start winning over some fans !!!

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar there is no better gun, Angus is either proud of Max or saying damn I should have recommended that other brand.

CZ SP01 for USPSA Production Gun of the Year, Olhasso is rumoured to be shooting one at the WS.

Jkushner1 - Devon, PA

FY51061

Anyone know what happened to Chuck Anderson? Interim results show him, but the finals don't and it doesn't look like he DQ'ed/

Um, I'll fess up as the one who caused the delay at the awards by asking why Chuck wasn't on the list. Tom C. went to the right folks to get it fixed. Apparently, there was a computer glitch that erased a few folks from the match and no one caught it earlier. They had to run to the range and remedy it. He is in the latest update of the scores on the USPSA website.

Man did the RO slow beep Max or what?

Uhh..... I counted off four seconds between Stby and Beep. I'd say thats pretty slow.

Max moves body and chair at 2 seconds then returns to position, then the RO does Beep at 4 seconds. And it was a fine shooting performance by Max.

Man did the RO slow beep Max or what?

Uhh..... I counted off four seconds between Stby and Beep. I'd say thats pretty slow.

Consider this:

"US10.2.6 A competitor who is creeping (e.g. moving hands towards the firearm, a reloading device or ammunition) or physically moving to a more advantageous shooting position, posture or stance after the “Standby” command and prior to issuance of the start signal will be stopped, if possible, and restarted. If the Range Officer is unable to stop the competitor prior to the start signal, the competitor will incur 1 procedural penalty."

Max doesn't show a penalty on that stage so he didn't get dinged for creeping. I'd say the slow clock would be a gift by comparison.

"8.3.3 “Standby” – This command should be followed by the start signal

within 1 to 4 seconds (also see Rule 10.2.6)."

Yeah, four seconds is in bounds, and the four seconds in this case was better than if he had beeped at 3 seconds when Max was out of the chair - or maybe a procedural (or at least a more awkward start) could have resulted.

In my experience though, with guys from my club at least, hitting the buzzer on a reeeaalllyy drawn out and slow 4 seconds is not a kind thing to do, and is usually used as a "I know this guy is going to jump the beep, let me see if I can ding him" type maneuver. ;)

:cheers: to all the winners. This has been a great experience. Unfortunately I shot on the same rotation as the SS so I was only able to see the production guys shoot a couple of stages. I would have liked to see Bob get a win.

Dave spoke after receiving his award and said some very nice things about Bob. Basically he said, "congratulations to "my friend Bob" on his great match, and you probably haven't heard much about him or don't know him but you will. It won't be long before he is up here accepting his award for a National Championship." It was pretty cool.

Edited by Brazos SC Shooter