Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2008

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any chance anyone could post the final results in something other than video format? (For those of us with sub-par technology...)

I gather Max did beat Eric? Way to go, Max!

I believe that's the first time Grauffel's been beat shooting Open since the U.S. Nationals way back before the World Shoot in the Phillipines. But I think he better not count on another win in Bali... Good as they were a few years ago, I think the top U.S. Open guys have gotten even better. Max's whole season last year was just incredible, and I guess this adds a little more icing.

All of the match results (with the exception of the Limited Overall) are on the Florida Open Website: http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/main.html

I am sorry to report that the Limited overall file was corrupted, and will have to be re-sent, but the computer is still at the range.

I am sorry for the delay, but we will try to get that up tomorrow.

If you experience any problems with the site, please PM me.

Leo

Edited by L9X25

Had some connection troubles and batteries die on the Open HOA video upload. The link is now fixed. It was missing the second part where Max accepted his trophy. Sorry. Congrats to Max for a well deserved win!

I have a ton of footage to sort through, create a montage ( :D ) and post some individual runs (like Max's and Eric's final stage... )

Big congrats to SmittyFL!!! He shot an amazing match!!!

Congrats to all the winners! That was a very difficult match!

Coming to the last stage of the match, I knew that it was Max's kind of stage (stage 12). It was his, and not only did he outshoot eric by at least half a second, he only dropped 3 points. He's definitely the best shooter I know out there while under pressure.

It was a blast watching my teammate do what he does best. Army Strong!

Thanks for uploading the videos, Sharyn. I wasn't able to make it over there this weekend due to work. The Limited shootoff looked pretty intense, wish I could have seen it first hand. Congrats to the winners, especially our hometown hero, SmittyFL!

Big congrats to SmittyFL!!! He shot an amazing match!!!

Lets see-no sponsor,no personal armorer to keep his gun running,comes out every week and helps set up local matches,always helping out local shooters with tips to get better

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN Cliff

GREAT MATCH SHANNON :cheers:

It was a pleasure shooting w/ squad 22 - good bunch of folks. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch Smitty's match, cause I was right behind him in the order, and was focusing on my own impending run the whole time. Good on ya, man!

The match impressed me as being harder this year - more long shots. I was happy with several pieces of my match, and can definitely see the improvement I've made in physical abilities after finally getting to move on some field courses. Shaving little bits off the big guy's times. Lesgar shot a solid match to take 4th away from me (not that my match deserved it...). He's going to have to work for it at Double Tap in a month and a half ;)

Stage 9 was where the match was really decided, I think. Eric made a big error leaving a US popper standing (he fired four shots into a 3 popper array). It was hard to tell if there was a hit on the thing - perhaps an edge - but it looked pristine. Still, the strategic thing to do is ask for a calibration. The popper fell, and Eric lost 20 match points. Going into the last stage, the word was that there was a 5 match point difference, with Eric ahead. Chris, who was out of the hunt at this point, shot first. Eric was next. Then a few shooters and it was Max's turn. Eric and Chris both shot solid runs. Speaking with Max before the stage, he was confident that 12 was his kind of stage - a more USPSA-ish hard moving, up close high hit factor field course. Max smoked it like a cheap cigar - hot and fast. That's all there is to it. He took just enough to win by a point.... Close, close race.

Now that he's beaten the Tiger Woods of this sport (ie, the guy every one wants to believe is unbeatable), Max can move on to working at the World Shoot. You gotta know Eric's going to be burning the midnight oil to prevent a repeat loss. So.... it should be a good battle if both guys show up prepared. And, of course, you can't discount the other guys in the US contingent. If Chris shows up with his A game, it could be pretty entertaining.

Congrats, Max! You deserve it, buddy!

So, how did prizes and guns being given out go? I heard they gave away 107 guns!!! Wow.

No gun for you!!!!!! ;)

I heard you had lots of fun shooting at the poppers and plates. :P:P

Man, that's not funny. I want to appologize to anyone that may have witnessed my performance, or lack of on the Illinois stage. I understand it may have caused a few injuries from laughing your @sses off. If you thought it was ugly from the peanut gallery, you should have been behind the gun. But, on the bright side, XDNiner did NOT get it on video tape. I don't think I've ever done three reloads on one stage with an open gun EVER and I hope I never do again. It felt like I was shooting L-10 with all those mags laying on the ground.

I've just got no business shooting Limited... but I crack myself up!

In comparison to Eric Grauffel... Me!

ha ha ha!

:lol:

I didn't see a difference did anybody else? Good job

Gee I certainly saw a huge difference.

Sharyn is a whole better looking. :cheers:

Bruce

Sharyn, thanks for all the videos.

So, how did prizes and guns being given out go? I heard they gave away 107 guns!!! Wow.

No gun for you!!!!!! ;)

Man, that's not funny. I want to appologize to anyone that may have witnessed my performance, or lack of on the Illinois stage. I understand it may have caused a few injuries from laughing your @sses off. If you thought it was ugly from the peanut gallery, you should have been behind the gun. But, on the bright side, XDNiner did NOT get it on video tape. I don't think I've ever done three reloads on one stage with an open gun EVER and I hope I never do again. It felt like I was shooting L-10 with all those mags laying on the ground.

Roger,

I feel your pain. Unfortunately, there is video evidence of my run....make that my attempt at a "run."

This was my first trip back to the Fla Open since 2002 (I think). Wow! I thought this was a great match. During my 7 hour ride home, I concluded that this was probably the most challenging match I have ever shot. For a guy with iron sights, I really had to pay attention to my sights. However, my scores demonstrate that I was not paying enough attention.. :blink: ..Stage 9 might have been a little "too" challenging :blink: . Duane, you are a sick puppy.

I want to thank all of the ROs and staff. It looked to me like everything went off very smoothly.

Finally, our squad (27) was great. Everybody pitched in and we moved along very smoothly. Thanks for your patience with the Knuckle-head....(John).

No gun for you!!!!!! ;)

Stage 7 (Louisiana) started out with 8 shots on paper, 2 USPSA poppers and a plate, all at about 30 yards. I saw many a standing reload occurr at the starting position trying for those 3 steel, even the Open guys!

While the frustration was fresh in mind from stage 7, Stage 8 (Illinois) started out with 4 plates from 25 - 30 yards away ... many a shooter ran his gun dry at that first position. The folks that had their guns zeroed at 10-15 yards (and did not know where they printed at 30) paid the price on these 2 stages.