Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Myself

AikiDale

Myself would like to take this opportunity to rant about the use of myself. It seems to myself too many people these days use myself when one of the other personal pronouns would be more appropriate.

If you agree or disagree with myself about this myself would appreciate hearing from yourself about it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, NOT myself, am shaking my, NOT myself's, head in utter amazement at this thread!!!

And well you should! As a pro public speaker I would expect nothing less. But let me tell you, I shake my head in utter amazement when I hear radio and TV folks on air who require remedial public speaking and grammar courses; it is bad enough when it is the subject of the interview, but that's just me.

:cheers:

in case you did not know it

All leaders of State refer to themselves in as third a person as possible.

Yourself, Mr. President Alkidale, must learn to shy away from 'myself', as entirely too first person,

and use 'Himself"

try again. like this if you please...

Himself would like to take this opportunity to rant about the use of himself. It seems to himself too many himselves these days use himself when one of the other personal pronouns would be more appropriate.

If you agree or disagree with Himself about this himself would appreciate hearing from himself about it.

miranda

I, NOT myself, am shaking my, NOT myself's, head in utter amazement at this thread!!!

And well you should! As a pro public speaker I would expect nothing less. But let me tell you, I shake my head in utter amazement when I hear radio and TV folks on air who require remedial public speaking and grammar courses; it is bad enough when it is the subject of the interview, but that's just me.

Agreed!!!

allow myself to introduce...... myself. :unsure:

A famous Austin Powers quote if there ever was one.

For myself, I avoid using the word myself and stick with "me" unless I'm in front of a camera with a noisy crowd cheering for myself.

miranda

I appreciate you looking out for my campaign Miranda. But please be advised when I am elected President I will not refer to myself in the third person nor in the plural. There is a whole new day of just plain common sense on the way. I suspect with four years to practice I can get from C to GM and shoot all the Nationals. Oh, by the way, just in case anyone thinks I intend to abuse my office please understand I will purchase my ammunition from my salary and not use the taxpayers money (other than my salary of course) just because I could.

Now enough of this thread drift, I hate writing about myself. (How's that for a segway Z?)

miranda

I appreciate you looking out for my campaign Miranda. But please be advised when I am elected President I will not refer to myself in the third person nor in the plural. There is a whole new day of just plain common sense on the way. I suspect with four years to practice I can get from C to GM and shoot all the Nationals. Oh, by the way, just in case anyone thinks I intend to abuse my office please understand I will purchase my ammunition from my salary and not use the taxpayers money (other than my salary of course) just because I could.

Now enough of this thread drift, I hate writing about myself. (How's that for a segway Z?)

I assume you will also pay for the fuel for Airforce One as you fly to matches.....? :rolleyes:

I would very much like to be helicoptered in to a match and land in a bay about 15 minutes before the start......Now thats how to "make an appearance."

miranda

I assume you will also pay for the fuel for Airforce One as you fly to matches.....? :rolleyes:

I would very much like to be helicoptered in to a match and land in a bay about 15 minutes before the start......Now thats how to "make an appearance."

I think I'd rather drive if I have to pay for it. Might have to spring for RV One. Might be able make a movie about the SS boys pulling their hair when I stop over at the Wal-Mart parking lot for the night.

There was a thread here not to long ago about the internet being overused maybe being pushed near its limit. Wonder if this could be connected?-----------Larry

Nah. It's the NSA filtering that slows everything down. But it's for our own good....they say.