Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How bad have you got it

apriav

I noticed that, brushing my teeth in the morning, I hold my weak hand on my chest. Don't know how long I have been doing it.....see what IPSC shooting will do to normal every day activities.....what have you noticed.

Counting things by two, and starting over after ten.

For example, walking around the mall, I think "4 windows and two trashcans from here, reload and run to American Eagle..."

Now that avatar has got to be using some bandwidth....

I can't use a power drill w/o my wife making fun of me. She says I put in a new battery just as if I were doing a reload (finger off trigger, "gun" up in front of face, index finger on front of new battery, look the battery in the "mag well."). Same with changing drill bits, "gun" indexed up infront of face.

I can't even carry a windex-type spray bottle w/o keeping finger off trigger.

Using a pnumatic nailgun when doing some roofing, I found myself being very trigger-finger and muzzle aware and a strong tempation to yell "going hot!" before driving nails.

I've noticed after a lot of dryfire, my weak hand comes to position as if I were drawing a gun when ever I reach for my wallet....

I noticed I did the weak-hand on chest thing last time I threw darts.

I don't see "good habits" as a bad thing, but it IS amusing.

-rvb

I noticed that, brushing my teeth in the morning, I hold my weak hand on my chest. Don't know how long I have been doing it.....see what IPSC shooting will do to normal every day activities.....what have you noticed.

I was sitting at the bar the other night and without thinking about it I was doing eye exercises, picking a couple of bottles and zipping my eyes back and forth.... :) Finally the bar tender asked if I was okay. LMAO I was going to explain, but decided against it. :cheers:

I find my self walking my job site and counting the nail patterns on a sheet of plywood, or a 2x6 as

2 alpha

2 charlie and so on.

I also find my self walking the Bldgs as if they are stages. Shooting with my finger gun when some one comes out of door way. (ie. swinger)

LOL

i air gun my draw and reload in the shower.

Air hoses go on tools just like a reload. Fingers always off the trigger unless actually engaging the bolt or nut. I have a hard time keeping my finger on the trigger the whole time, I tend to "burp" the air tools.

If I'm really moving, trying to get a job done quick, I move like I do on a stage. I find that when my mind starts to wander and I get in the "zone", the job gets done much quicker and is usually done better than when I'm not in a hurry. Just like burning down a stage.

• 1 month later...

As an auto tech I am always using impact guns to drive nuts and bolts home. I find myself treating them just as I do my Kimber, finger way off the trigger, muzzle (socket on the end) in a safe direction, reload (hook up the airline) and so forth. Pretty funny actually.