Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building Your Own 8-round Loaders

GentlemanJim

I have finally perfected an 8 round loader tube for 12ga open shotgun.

I am building a few to test and use at RM3gun.

Do you think it is worth my time to market them.

they are high quality and made from 6061t6 aluminum.

Thanks for any input.

Jim

I think I'd be more interested in 6's than 8's.

Only for the fact that the 8's might be a little awkward to use under pressure. You know what I mean (after the buzzer)...

But, what the heck... I'd be willing to try one.

I got a new Benelli so I need new toys for it too. :D

Gary

The tubes I built for testing have been boogered around with so much ...they are kinda ugly :surprise:

Very soon I will have pristine new ones built in the final design....then I will show pics.

I can build them in 6, 8, or 10 rnd ....but you have to have long arms to run those 10s

Just testing the water to see if enough people need them to make it worth while .

It is quite an investment in time and material...and each one is lovingly hand crafted by me.

Thanks !!

Jim

Did you happen to build any 20's for your wife's scattergun?

I am just so jazzed to be speed loading with a 20 that I'll be patient and wait for longer tubes.

Right honey? :wub:

Jim, I want some of them, let me know what I need to send in addition to what I need to buy to use them on an 1100, gold, X2 and Gold 20ga. Your word is as good as money in the bank to me. Call or PM and we can work out all the details.

Hi Jim,

Good to hear!!...the only sad thing is, you be hearing from the tec loader guys......the whole patent thing. The bracket and the tubes (and even the handle when used on the tube) is protected in their patent. Kinda sucks I know.

We went a different route, kinda like Ralph did......so that the patent lawyers don't come knocking at our door. We went with the tec loader extension idea. Very clean, very strong.....there will be people using them at the TRI-gun in less than 2 weeks.

Tim

First of all, I want to sincerely thank everyone for expressing their interest.

I have been informed that my design may infringe upon existing patents that would prevent me from marketing it.

My original intent was not to sell a product for monetary gain, but to fill the need my wife and I had for extended loaders and to solve the 20ga dilemma.

The 20 ga problem was solved with a simple spacer and I believe that it should work with any loader that may become available.

Some time back I posted exactly how to do it and I hope people will make good use of it.

My desire to be helpful to friends and fellow shooters far exceeds any interest in profiting from them.

I will freely share my design and any technical knowledge I have on this with anyone who wishes to ask.

Jim :)

edited to fix spelling before my wife sees this... :unsure:

Edited by GentlemanJim

I have been informed that my design may infringe upon existing patents that would prevent me from marketing it.

My original intent was not to sell a product for monetary gain, but to fill the need my wife and I had for extended loaders and to solve the 20ga dilemma.

The 20 ga problem was solved with a simple spacer and I believe that it should work with any loader that may become available.

Some time back I posted exactly how to do it and I hope people will make good use of it.

My desire to be helpful to friends and fellow shooters far exceeds any interest in profiting from them.

I will freely share my design and any technical knowledge I have on this with anyone who wishes to ask.

Hi Jim,

Firstly thank you for sharing your knowledge even though you are not gaining anything out of it.

I have been looking for a DIY solution to tec loaders over the last few days and could not find it. Maybe I am not using the search function properly. Can you please dierct me to the post you made and perhaps any other tips you might have.

Thanks

Hi Jim,

Firstly thank you for sharing your knowledge even though you are not gaining anything out of it.

I have been looking for a DIY solution to tec loaders over the last few days and could not find it. Maybe I am not using the search function properly. Can you please dierct me to the post you made and perhaps any other tips you might have.

Thanks

Pm sent

jim :D