N320's Replacement

3GunF1Guy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Molys are what I did the development work with. I did not notice any more smoke than with my N320 loads. I will try to take some picts with both N320 and E3 when I am out shooting on a calm day.

Remember this powder was made to not smoke with the plastic wads and paper hulls of shotgun shells.

Scott

Edited by 3GunF1Guy

Scott, I've never used N320 so I don't really have a referance there. I did use TG and it was aweful on hot humid days. I currently use Universal Clays and like it ok but I'm always on the look out for bigger and better!

• 1 month later...
It has gotten more expensive and no one in my area carries it on the shelf except every once in a while you can find the 1lb cans of it and then it is priced at $23.00 per lb.

Wow, the powder is made 400 miles from where I live, and here it costs more in €uros (40€) than it does in $ after travelling 10 000 miles. Thats funny, I wonder if I could ship it back here and save even more money... :rolleyes:

Powder Valley

Buy enough or buy with friends and split the HazMat fees

Jim

I shop there all the time as its about 30 miles from my house. I just picked up a 4lb jug yesterday so it is in stock now.

I have been thinking about trying E3 for a couple of years now. I was using reddot for my 40 minor and loved it, but switched to 320 for major as reddot would almost fill the case for major. I may have to give it a look see.

g10

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

TG is basically 320. I use it with moly 180s for practice ammo and 310 with 180 MG FMJ/JHP for match stuff. Both are extremely soft when combined with their respective bullet partners and no signs of pressure while making major without issue. Yes, I load to 1.20 OAL. My 2 cents, change welcome. wink.gif

Hi,

how many grains of VV N310 with 180 MG and do you have any n310 loads to with 180 BC/LEAD .

thanks

Edited by PinoyShooter06

• 2 weeks later...

It has gotten more expensive and no one in my area carries it on the shelf except every once in a while you can find the 1lb cans of it and then it is priced at $23.00 per lb.

Wow, the powder is made 400 miles from where I live, and here it costs more in €uros (40€) than it does in $ after travelling 10 000 miles. Thats funny, I wonder if I could ship it back here and save even more money... :rolleyes:

If it helps you a little, VV is 45 Euro per pound in Germany.....

:sick:

• 5 weeks later...

If it helps you a little, VV is 45 Euro per pound in Germany.....

:sick:

Wow, even if that includes VAT at 19%, that's still almost $50 pre VAT. Are there any specific fees/taxes applied to components?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, haven´t been here for a while.

:blush:

In Germany there is only one firm, which imports powders, so they control the market and make the prices like they want to.

BUT!

Here are rumours around, that Lapua bought VV and will keep up the production.

Anybody heard something?

Sorry, haven´t been here for a while.

:blush:

In Germany there is only one firm, which imports powders, so they control the market and make the prices like they want to.

BUT!

Here are rumours around, that Lapua bought VV and will keep up the production.

Anybody heard something?

Another thread in this forum still on page 1:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172323

• 3 years later...

Hello Scott,

Super data about E3. Great research and documentation! I have been using Alliant Red Dot for 40SW loads for some time with great success as well.  I have a pound of E3 that I've started messing around with and will rely on your work as a starting point.

I grew up in Blacksburg, VA that is about 15 miles as a bullet flies from the old Radford Army Arsenal (formally operated by the Hercules Powder company) and now the home of Alliant Powder - one of the most successful ESOPs I am aware of.  Accordingly, I try to support the company and use their products as much as I can.  I have bow hunted on the property and hauled building materials on site back in the 70's.  I still remember the TNT plant explosion in 1974.  I had just gotten home from school...the curtains flew away from the walls and the house shook like an earth quake. I then heard the sirens and I knew what had happened.  Fortunately, there was a very small lose of life.  The article below talks about a 1978 explosion but refers to the one I experienced.

http://www.nytimes.com/1978/01/07/archives/one-killed-one-missing-six-hurt-in-army-ammunition-plant-blast.html

Sorry for all the trivia.

Take care and all the best from Clayton, NC

Dale Price