Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Kind Of Lunch Box Did You Have?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did a search for the Mr. Zip lunch box I had in grade school.

This is a metal box. On my walk home from school every day, I used to take it to the top of a three-story fire-escape and drop it to the asphalt alley below. It held up pretty well. ;)

The one I found a picture of is selling for $250.

lunch-mail1.JPG

Star Trek. You know, the original one… 1966. That was the LAST lunch box I had. The next year I started Junior High and even I wasn’t tough enough to be seen carrying a lunch box!

I thought Captain Kirk was soooo cool, I couldn’t believe it when later he “morphed” in to TJ Hooker or what ever the cop’s name was.

Cool box Flex…

I feel like the old "grandpa" here. My very favorite lunch box (are you all sitting down??) was an ORIGINAL Hopalong Cassidy which was purchased for me NEW. The next one that stole my heart was............ a Roy Rogers lunchbox, with Roy on Trigger and Trigger up on his hind legs.

So SHOW some respect for age, all of you with your "new" Dukes of Hazard and Batman lunchboxes!!!!!!!! :D:):D

Jeffro

Not that I can really remember but I'm sure I had at least one ' Scooby Doo' lunch box. Scooby was tooooooo cool!!!

This is a metal box. On my walk home from school every day, I used to take it to the top of a three-story fire-escape and drop it to the asphalt alley below. It held up pretty well. 

And he shoots one of those indestructable tupperware wonders. What a coincedence!!!

lb1380.jpg

I had the plastic version of this. It was nice until the bus stop bullies kicked it and broke out the corner. I LOVED Snoopy when I was little. I had the Snoopy record (Snoopy vs. The Red Baron I think), the Snoopy blanket, the Snoopy....

This is a metal box. On my walk home from school every day, I used to take it to the top of a three-story fire-escape and drop it to the asphalt alley below. It held up pretty well. 

And he shoots one of those indestructable tupperware wonders. What a coincedence!!!

3QT,

I wondered if anybody would make that connection.

What I really hated was the TORO lawn-mower. That thing was built like a tank...I never could break it in any kind of long-term way. :angry:

Ha! :P Nice choices, all of you.

Anyway, here's a clue about the only one of mine I could remember. It was a kind of grey plastic, and I think it was my last one before I became a brown-bagger...

14618-0001.jpg

I may have had a Six Million Dollar Man metal one before that. It was a long time ago. But thanks to Jeffro and Nolan for making me feel young.

I had a Roy Rogers lunchbox, but the one I liked the most was one that had a curved top,pictures of pirates and came with a thurmos. But, what I really remember even now (40+years ago) what what it smelled like. I was really cool, with or without food inside.