Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 6" thread....

dirtypool40

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You jones-ing or what? :cheers:

and how!!!! I haven't had a new limited gun in almost 2 years so I am STOKED!!!!

Isnt selling babies illegal?? :lol: that is the most interesting looking 6" I have ever seen. Please let us know how you like it DP. and no need to sugar coat! Venry might just have another sale in a few!

Oh, I'll wring it out, I keep detailed notes and have a series of tests planned.

2 A's at 25y? VP's @ 10, 15 and 25y. Crazy plates, partials. I have par times and hf's for all of them when I am tuned up. We'll know in short order if the 6" helps or hurts, points or speed. I'll get it balanced like I like, and sprung so I can get timed to it and then I'll give it a fair shake as I try to get back in stroke for the season opener.

I think Venry knows that and that's part of the trepidation at sending it to me. This won't be no dum' ole, 2 shot benchrested groups @ 6'.

I've wanted to try a 6" for a while. I was overseas shooting "Standard" so I couldn't, but looking at this pistol, I am glad I waited. It is GORGEOUS!!! Reguardless of the tests results and conclusions on the 6" platform, I'm impressed with Venry's creativity, artistry, and attention to detail. I've said it before, if I don't find an advantage (FOR ME) in the 6", Venry is going to get an order for a 5". :cheers:

Edited by dirtypool40

I have the gun in hand! My family is doing Thanksgiving tonight so no time right now for pics or details, but siffice it to say, I am impressed.

Venry's work is A # 1. This is as nice a gun as I have ever handled. IT's a tack driver, crisp trigger, slide to frame and barrel fit, machine work, attention to detail, it's all there.

I only shot about 100 rounds through it teaching today, but it points naturally, and so far I like it. And it ran from the first rounds, no malf of any kind.

The 6" may or may not turn out to be for me, but I am impressed with what Venry can do, that's for sure.

got to shoot just a little more. Still no hard core objective testing, but I do love this gun.

It jumps to target quicker than my 5", and with the right load seems a good deal softer. Demonstrating how to time and trap a swinger the other day, I drew to an activator and ran across three partials before trapping the swinger on it's second pass. We had worked it out, using transition and split times I knew from my 5" gun. I was probably .30 quicker across the partials than expected, and ended up waiting on the swinger. :blush: Then when we walked down to score the targets, the hits were a little tighter than I had called them.

Not a scientific objective test, I know, but I'd have to say I am encouraged and impressed. :cheers:

Sorry no better pics yet, I took some tonight, but that are too big to upload. you guys have to see the work on this thing!!! The detail and fit are second to none!!!

Edited by dirtypool40

Out of curiosity, are you drawing this out of a race-holster?

Yup, just switched to a CR I got from my buddies at Red Dot Shooting

I was gonna go with a 6" DOH, but I wanted to be sure to clear the gun quickly and also show that sexy thang off!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys, it is gorgeous in person, and I look forward to getting better aquainted.

On page 6 of this thread, PaulW asked about what spring plug was used and Dan responded "extended recoil spring plug". Who makes the spring plug that Triangle and Bedell are using? I got an STI extended spring plug from Shooters Connection, but it does not appear to be as long as the ones used by Triangle.

Thanks,

splashdown.

Did some pratice today with Eric and a few of the loacl guys. Got to shoot Eric's new gun and took a few pictures. Gun shot real nice and talk about flinging the brass out, holy crap that thing has some slide velocity!! Nice job Venry!

Eric64.jpg

Eric62.jpg

Eric63.jpg

Eric61.jpg