Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the most pro gun state

We all hear the horror stories about NYC but the state of NY seems to have a very large trap shooting population.

This got me to thinking, in reality what is the most pro gun state and the most anit?

Florida, Texas, Arizona .... noticing any kind of a trend??

Uh.....

I know! I know!

They're hot and have lots of illegal immigrants undocumented workers? :lol:

I don't know which is best. Kentucky is an open carry state. We have a concealed carry permit. We recognize all other states concealed carry permits whether they recognize ours or not. And one is not required to run away from goblins in the vain hope no one gets hurt.

Virginia is getting better, Shall issue, open carry, can carry on school grounds as long as you dont get out of your car, which could be improved. Constitutional right to hunt, and by court verdict that translated into right to practice. But you do have to run away if you can. and cant use force to protect property.

This came up in converstation recently. It is strange that some restrictive places are still nice places to be shooting and it has to do with population density. Take for example New Jersey. Stupid laws abound around here, BUT with a very high population density we have a lot of shooters ready to have a match every weekend. That translates to being impossible to shoot all the matches around simply because there are that many USPSA,IDPA,steel,cowboy matches that they overlap time slots at different clubs. That doesn't even count in the shotgun sports, rifle, etc which often overlap with the action type shoots at the same club using different parts of the range. At the same time I hear from people who live in "good" states who have trouble finding matches within driving distance.

Vlad,

The original question was which is the best PRO-GUN state. I'll agree that there are many matches to shoot around here, but NJ is no where close to being the best pro-gun state. Actually, it's close to being the best ANTI-GUN state. PA is not too bad.

Edited by racerba

in the "GUNSHINE STATE" of FL, they extended the "castle doctrine" (no retreat required) to your car, instantly exporting our car jacking business back to California, and included your right to carry in "ANY PLACE YOU HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO BE".

It was great, the libs did this little break dance, like Curly jacked up on Mountain Dew. :blink:

Vlad,

The original question was which is the best PRO-GUN state. I'll agree that there are many matches to shoot around here, but NJ is no where close to being the best pro-gun state. Actually, it's close to being the best ANTI-GUN state. PA is not too bad.

Oh I agree, I was just drifting slightly by adding the availability of matches to the discussion. By no means am I recommending to anyone to move to NJ, I'm just suggesting to that competitive shooters should look for both good laws AND an appropriate population density, which sometimes conflicts with other requierments (ie: housing pricing, etc). I'm sorta going through this process myself and I know it isn't easy. I picked up a map and started crossing out states.

Montana's not bad - shall issue - open carry outside city limits - no retreat - loaded rifle in the back window of the pickup - loaded pistol on the front seat or glovebox - gun in woman's purse is not concealed carry. However they might look strangely at a guy carrying a purse.

I don't think we could really narry down any specific state to "the best".

Should add Kentucky to the mix:

-Loaded gun in glovebox without a license

-Gunbuster signs on places not mandated specifically by law mean nothing