Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dialing in a C-More.

1911jerry

I took out my new Benny Hill gun and played around with some minor loads to get used to the gun.

I noticed that the dot is shooting 6 inches low at 7 yards.

I am assuming that I should go the the 25 yard range, and start adjustments up till it shoots point of aim.

Also does any one use the glare sheild and the knob cover thing that makes the on/off knob feel larger?

Looking for any advice. I checked the search function and got recommendations, but would like more detailed advice on a C-More.

Thanks

Jerry

Dial it in reasonably close, close enough that you won't kill your chrono, then work up the load you will use for now. THEN sight it in dead on.

Adjust a LITTLE bit at a time. C-more adjustments are really coarse.

Yup.

And when you adjust it, make the adjustment, then *lock down* the screws, and test-fire it.

If you get it all zero'd nicely with the locking screws loose, then lock them down... chances are good the change in the locking screws will change the zero.

$.02

B

...then take a Sharpie and mark on the sight body where you have the screw slots when it's sighted in where you want it (it will always be low at 7 yards unless you go nuts with the sight in, and then you'll be way off the mark at 25), so if it does get loose, you can put it back.

...then take a Sharpie and mark on the sight body where you have the screw slots when it's sighted in where you want it (it will always be low at 7 yards unless you go nuts with the sight in, and then you'll be way off the mark at 25), so if it does get loose, you can put it back.

+1 My elevation would wonder and the set screw would just get tight and feel like if I went more I would crack plastic. I took a small strand of teflon tape and wrapped it in the threads and screwed it back in.... no problem since.

One more thing... sometimes it takes mine several rounds to "set." It can wander a bit until you shoot 5-10 rounds. Don't just shoot one round and adjust from that... shoot at least a 5 round group, pref 8-10.

JT

I have a glare shield on one gun and not on the other. I can't really tell a difference. I use the Limcat round aluminum knob on the switch. It dosen't get turn on accidently when you put a cover on the C-More or put it in a gun rug.

I took out my new Benny Hill gun and played around with some minor loads to get used to the gun.

Also does any one use the glare sheild and the knob cover thing that makes the on/off knob feel larger?

Thanks

Jerry

I use the add-on knob and I really like it...it makes it easier for me to turn on/off and the index point allows me to be sure it is on (one last thing to check during, are you ready). It makes the whole thing larger so I had to get used to seeing it in my sight picture. I'm not aware of what the glare sheild is on this optic...help?

~Nanci~

I have the Arredondo knobs on my c-mores.... and am in the middle of taking them off.

I've noticed that about 7 times out of 10, when "scooping" the gun off a table on a table-start, I've also managed to turn my dot off by inadvertantly contacting the knob. I'm switching to the Limcat aluminum "disc", instead.

Just a data-point...

Bruce

Edited by bgary

I saw a guy at a match a while back stick his open gun through a port and with that knob he hit the top of the port and turned off his scope. It was kind of funny watching him move the gun around trying to find the dot that wasn't there.

Hello: Any you guys want to sell your Arredondo knob for a C-More non-click type? I need one for my 8 year old sons new 22 steel pistol. Let me know. Thanks Eric

Shoot me a PM with your mailing address. I'll send you mine when the Limcats come in that I ordered today. Thanks for the link Bruce. I'd be a lot happier knowing that a junior shooter has it instead of sitting in my box of junk.

ditched the arrendondo knob a while ago, loved the reference point, hated the knob. now I just cut a notch with my dremel in the c-more knob in to off position and put a drop of bright red paint in it.

• 2 months later...

On the anti-glare shield, I quote Matt Burkett when I asked him about it. He said, "I live in Arizona where it's sunny 300+ days of the year and don't use one." Made sense then and now.

On the knob, well...to each his (or her) own.

As for your zero issue, like Benny said, at the closer distance, it should be low. LOS to LOB offset is a bear with these scopes.

Rich

I actually leave my set screw tight. I don't even loosen them(as per Brazos I think). I just did this again prior to Area 8. It works just fine and don't have to worry about cracking the plastic housing on the C-more which I have done before. What I hate about the C-More when sighting in before was you would get it sight in perfectly and then snug up the set screw and it would change the point of impact because the set screw would push the adjustment screw in. It was annoying. No longer have to worry about it.

I also tried the knob and glare shield. The knob was bumped several times and was taken off. The glare shield make the glare worse. It reflected red into the lense so red would be all I seen.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dumb question but...which screws are the set screws? My cmore didnt come with any instructions.

Bump. Just wondering myself. I'm guessing the hex head one on the side over the slotted screw and none on top. Oh, and what size are they? The 2mm I "borrowed" from work for the batter cover doesn't fit the ones on the side.

Edited by SLM