Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nothing... It's just that this is my post number 1965 and that was also the year when I was born. :) So I thought it deserved its own thread.

Since this is the "Questions that don't fit anywhere" forum, here it goes.

Where were you and what were you doing in 1965?

I was been born in Philadelphia while my dad was going to grad school at Temple. He finished his M.A. and right after graduation he took my lil' (then) Philadelphian a$$ back to The Pearl of the Caribbean. I was about one month old. Haven't been back to Philly since, except to the airport.

How 'bout you?

:D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman year of High School. Reading Freud's Beyond the Pleasure Principle. One of the priests said I wasn't old enough to understand Freud. I said I didn't think I would ever be old enough to understand priests.

Up to February 2, I enjoyed the comfort of my mother's womb. Apparently I had been scheduled to leave a couple of weeks earlier but I was happy to remain. Unable to evict me by conventional methods, the wall of my domicile was breached and I was dragged screaming from my home.

The rest of 1965 was spent learning how to live on the outside.

I was thirteen and spent my summer mowing grass and fishing every spare minute.

I did not know it at the time but my first car was built that year. Four years later I was the proud owner of a dark metallic green 1965 Mustang with the small block 289. Only 21,000 mi.

Now the memories are flowing.

I was 13 years old. Old enough to know that girls were "cool", but not old enough to know just why they were "cool". Now many years later and I'm almost to the point where I remember that girls were "cool", but wondering why I thought they were cool. The curse continues.

Bill

Geez, a bunch of newbies. In 1965 I was 23 and stationed in Germany as a Medic in an Armored Battalion. One of my fond memories took place on the pistol range. I was doing some practice with the BN pistol team when the BN Exec Officer called me over and asked me when the Division Pistol matches were. My answer was 25 Nov. His next question was "When is your rotation date?" My answer--8 Nov. I was told to turn in the gear and get off the range. The next day there I was just happily blazing away on the pistol range when the XO showed up and wanted to know what I was doing since he had told me to get off the pistol team. My answer was that I was covering the range as the Medic and since I liked to shoot they were letting me get some shooting in. He just turned around and walked away shaking his head. :D

7 years old, in first grade. Mr Pouchy was the janitor, he carried a big set of keys, you could always hear him coming.................

Fast forward to today,

I'm a Supermarket Store Manager, who carries a small set of keys. I wonder if they hear me coming?

The circle of life?

Thanks for the flashback Nemo!

Edited by 9x21

It was a pivotal year for me. I was 13. My Dad died that summer; my Mom had died the year before, so my godparents (my Mom's sister and her husband) took me in and finished raising me - a thankless task for sure, and the poor results belie the effort they put into it. It involved me leaving suburban Long Island for rural Pennsylvania, changing from Catholic elementary school to public junior high school, and just basically standing my life on its head. I literally wouldn't be where I am now had it not been for the changes I underwent that year.

I was 5, turned 6 in Clovis, New Mexico. I was either chasing bugs to squash, burning ants with my magnifying glass, or asking my parents "why?" Not a bad place or a bad time all in all! I've never been to philly, at least not yet, anyway. MLM :D