Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed mag pouches

Has anyone had a problem with the mag pouches sliding around on your belt. I am using there belt, mag pouches and holster.

If anyone has had that prob what did you do to fix it.

thx

I put sticky-backed Velcro (from Home Depot) on the back of the mag pouches. They stay put now.

I forgot to add that I also drilled and tapped the bottom edge of the mag pouches to accept a set screw (~3'8" long), that goes up into the belt. That REALLY kept them in place.

I forgot to add that I also drilled and tapped the bottom edge of the mag pouches to accept a set screw (~3'8" long), that goes up into the belt. That REALLY kept them in place.

Thats what I did, too.

When I think about it, kinda' sucks that the Safariland pouches fit the CR belt better (tighter) than their own product...

+10 I spent a good deal of money for the damn thing and I have to fix it? I wasn't pissed, but thought... how typical.

I know Matt Cheely uses CR and he used the velcro and also drilled and taped the pouch and put in two set screws in each pouch to lock it firmly in place.

Edited by JThompson

I'm a big fan of their holster and belt, but the mag holders are kind of cheesy. I tried the wedges, but they fall out and get lost.

I'm much happier with Safariland mag holders on my CR belt.

I tried the wedges but I could only get them in about half way before it got too tight to move any deeper. Are they supposed to go all the way in to the little tab? I've got velcro on the backs of them and that keeps them in place pretty good while wearing the rig but I worry about knocking them around and having them move while in transport.

Trodrig

Has anyone had a problem with the mag pouches sliding around on your belt. I am using there belt, mag pouches and holster.

Nope... gut pressure ;)

Jim

Hello: What I did was put velcro on the inside of the mag holders. To install them I used cardboard between the velcro and the belt untill I could slide them into position. I then removed the cardboard and they are stuck for good. I also installed velcro on the outside of the mag holder between the holder and the inner belt. This holds everything in place. To remove the mag holders I used a plastic thin ruler between the belt and velcro. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
Did you use the wedges that came with the pouches? They tightened the pouch to my belt pretty well. I also added some industrial strength velcro.

+1 on the velcro!

Sell the mag pouches and buy Gugas Ribas. Infinitely more adjustable and ten times the quality. I love the belt and holster but the CR speed pouches leave a lot to be desired. I could never get mine to stay put not only on the belt but adjusted to angle either.

If anyone has had that prob what did you do to fix it.

thx

I put sticky-backed Velcro (from Home Depot) on the back of the mag pouches. They stay put now.

Back of my holster too

• 8 months later...

I have a problem with 4 CR Speed pouches that are mounted on a CR Speed belt.

I can't seem to find a way to secure them to the belt.

The belt loop provides a relatively tight fit to the belt, but not tight enough.

The opening is a fixed size and provides no means for additional tension.

The mag pouches can slide and move around way too easily.

The only adjustment is the screw that allows the mag to pivot on the belt loop and the screw that adjusts the tension on the magazine.

I tried to fit a small patch of velcro with an adhesive back between the belt loop and the belt, but just couldn't make it work.

I am really uncomfortable with this much movement of my magazine pouches.

If I can't find a way to deal with it, I will just sell them and go with some other type.

Tls

Edited by 38superman

What I did to help with this is place a piece of velcro on the inside of the mag pouch carrier that will adhere to the inner belt. Does that make sense? Let me know, if not, I can take a picture and attach it. Basically when you attach the outer belt to the inner, the velcro will hold the mag pouches in place. They wobble a little but not nearly as much as without it.

Trodrig

Add some set screws to mag pouch that will screw into the belt.That is how duty holsters are held in place. I know there is a post about this somewhere.

Have fun

I just read the above post thats what I did first just go for the set screws and be done with it

Edited by AWLAZS

Hmmm, I put some velcro on the inside of the hanger where it goes up against the inner belt and it solved the problem for me. I did use some really heavy duty velcro that I swear could support my big arse hanging from a patch of it. I cut the velcro big enough so it covered the entire back of the hanger where it touches the inner belt. Wish I had more to offer but I started typing this response before I read that you tried some velcro.... :wacko::ph34r:

ETA: I found the velcro I used in the craft department at WalMart; it comes in a small box of 10 feet or so of it.

Edited by j2fast