Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed mag pouches

I don't use the CR pouches but my daughter does. All of hers cam with plastic wedges that tighten the pouch to the belt. If you don't have the wedges you might consider making some. They tap in at the top or bottom, start off about 1/16" thick and taper to 3/16 or so within an inch and a half. If you make the taper a bit abrupt and then have a flat space for a half inch or so it should tighten them up and keep them secure.

I think you guys are talking about putting velcro on the mag pouch such that it locks up on the inner belt.

That might help but I'm not sure that would tighten it up as much as I would like

The only other way I see to do it is some sort of fastener that penetrates the belt and tensions the belt loop/hanger.

Scout,

Mine have the plastic wedges too, but they sit inside the pouch and only act as spacers for different size magazines.

The screw that goes through them tightens the pouch to the pouch hanger.

This is the adjustment that allows you to set the angle of the magazine.

What I'm talking about its the fit of the mag pouch frame to the outer belt.

It's much too loose and there is no mechanism to address it.

At least none that I can see.

I just don't see why we have to improvise a solution.

CR Speed makes the pouches and the belt.

Why haven't they already addressed this?

Tls

Edited by 38superman

I don't use the CR pouches but my daughter does. All of hers cam with plastic wedges that tighten the pouch to the belt. If you don't have the wedges you might consider making some. They tap in at the top or bottom, start off about 1/16" thick and taper to 3/16 or so within an inch and a half. If you make the taper a bit abrupt and then have a flat space for a half inch or so it should tighten them up and keep them secure.

I use the plastic wedges and the pouches do not move at all.

The spacers he's talking about look like the toothpick that comes with a Swiss Army knife. They're shims, really, designed for exactly this issue, and should have come with your pouches.

However, you'll quickly lose them, if you DO use them.

I ended up just using velcro on the outside of the belt loop, which mates with the velcro on the inner belt. Works fine, especially if you give each pouch a little push when you put the outer belt on. Does this make sense? The circumference of the inner part of the outer belt is all velcro, now.

I tried putting a swatch of velcro on the inside of the belt loop hanger.

We may not be talking about the same thing, I'm not sure. Check out this pic, this is what I did, its not inside the hanger its on the back part that faces the inner belt when you put on the outer belt. If I'm just confused and we're talking about the same thing sorry... :D

I just took this pic of the inside of my outer belt (click it for a larger version):

th_DSC02585.jpg

ETA: They move around a little when I don't have the belt on but once I position them and then put the outer belt over the inner the pouches don't move.

Edited by j2fast

No, we weren't talking about the same thing.

I was trying to fit it on the inside of the hanger.

I see what you did and it's the same solution Boo was discussing.

I think I'm going to try to improvise some sort of screw through the outer belt.

If I can't make it work I'll see if I can live with your velcro solution.

Edited by 38superman

Add some set screws to mag pouch that will screw into the belt.That is how duty holsters are held in place. I know there is a post about this somewhere.

Have fun

I just read the above post thats what I did first just go for the set screws and be done with it

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...eed+mag+pouches

Look here

I think you guys are talking about putting velcro on the mag pouch such that it locks up on the inner belt.

That might help but I'm not sure that would tighten it up as much as I would like

The only other way I see to do it is some sort of fastener that penetrates the belt and tensions the belt loop/hanger.

Scout,

Mine have the plastic wedges too, but they sit inside the pouch and only act as spacers for different size magazines.

The screw that goes through them tightens the pouch to the pouch hanger.

This is the adjustment that allows you to set the angle of the magazine.

What I'm talking about its the fit of the mag pouch frame to the outer belt.

It's much too loose and there is no mechanism to address it.

At least none that I can see.

I just don't see why we have to improvise a solution.

CR Speed makes the pouches and the belt.

Why haven't they already addressed this?

Tls

Nope. These are an inch and a half long, a quarter of an inch wide and tapered as stated. The slid in the top of the belt opening and locked the pouch to the belt. When the snow quits I'll go out to my shop and see if I have any left.

Depends on where you have your pouches. I have mine in the Standard / production / SS position on the side so I put the pouches lower to get at them easier. When I had them in the front ala Open / Limited I had the pouches higher so they were closer to my hand/gun.

Which way is up? The pointy way like J or the flat way like Matt's

I was confused about that myself. When I first got them they were situated with the pointy side up. The part that was confusing to me was when they are inverted the logo was upside down. This didn't seem like a good design if you wanted to have people see your company name.

Thanks Matt for the additional info on your reasoning.

I have velcro on the back of mine, used the wedges also, but recently noticed mine are now moving around a bit also. I have the older style CR Speed mag holders, so I don't think I will bother modding them. Instead I will pursue the Safairland as replacements.

I have velcro on the back of mine, used the wedges also, but recently noticed mine are now moving around a bit also. I have the older style CR Speed mag holders, so I don't think I will bother modding them. Instead I will pursue the Safairland as replacements.

Use air tube (hose),IV tube, acquarium air tube as wedge... find one that will fit snugly.. works for me great. :cheers: