Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay,So forgive me if I didnot see it elsewhere,but precisely where and when do I sign up for Friday shooting?On thursday I assume.

Hi Wayne,

Sorry I have not had a chance to reply to the email you sent me -- I don't get off work until 7 PM. The following is copied from the confirmation letter I sent you on 6-6-2007:

You must complete registration at the Range or the Host Hotel. If you want someone else to pick up your registration materials, they MUST have a signed note from you. The note should be typed or printed and the names of both shooters must be legible.

The waiver of liability form (http://LChico.5u.com/AMU/WAIVER.pdf) must be completed and on file in stats BEFORE you handle a firearm on the military base. Print it out, fill it out & bring it with you.

Registration Times:

* At the Host Hotel (Holiday Inn)

* Thursday 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Thursday 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Friday 7:00 am to 8:15 am

Friday AM registration should be a last resort option. If the match is going to start on time, you are strongly encouraged to register Thursday afternoon or night. In addition, you must attend the shooters meeting that will be held 30 minutes prior to your designated time to shoot.

Hope that clears it up.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

Registration Times:

At the Range

Friday AM registration should be a last resort option. If the match is going to start on time, you are strongly encouraged to register Thursday afternoon or night. In addition, you must attend the shooters meeting that will be held 30 minutes prior to your designated time to shoot.

No registration at the hotel Friday night?

I think a lot of shooters will be getting here Friday afternoon and night.

Who's eating where Friday night?

The WAFFLE HOUSE acrossed the street from the hotel is ready for Friday, Saturday & Sunday morning.

Ronnie

Not sure where Friday night yet. Will decide that when we get there. I am guessing that the sign in times for friday are for those shooting Friday? Hope we can sign in at the range when we get there around 10ish?

Registration Times:

At the Range

No registration at the hotel Friday night?

I think a lot of shooters will be getting here Friday afternoon and night.

Who's eating where Friday night?

The WAFFLE HOUSE acrossed the street from the hotel is ready for Friday, Saturday & Sunday morning.

Ronnie

Ronnie,

I think Linda's last post was directed to ROs and others shooting on Friday. If you look at her website under more info about the Ft. Benning match you will find the following:

Registration Times:

At the Host Hotel (The Holiday Inn)

* Friday 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Friday 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Saturday 6:30 am to 7:30 am

Andy

Thanks Andy!!! :cheers: I looked on the site and didnt think to look there.

Steve

Ronnie,

I think Linda's last post was directed to ROs and others shooting on Friday. If you look at her website under more info about the Ft. Benning match you will find the following:

Registration Times:

At the Host Hotel (The Holiday Inn)

* Friday 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Friday 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Saturday 6:30 am to 7:30 am

Andy

Great match.Linda and Sandra and many others have worked relentlessly to make it work.Thank You! They will post as soon as they can the results.Shooting USA was there,All the usual names were here Jerry M.,Todd J,M.Voight.Taran was incredible I heard on stage 2.His time just wasn't human.

post-2272-1196642142.jpg

Thanks to all those who worked to put this match together. The AMU, Linda, Jeff, Sandra, and the RO staff. Great job. Probably the best match I've ever attended. I feel its the best any where.

Stages 1, 3, and 9 were three of the best I've ever shot. The Stryker was great. But, even without it, Stage one was by far my favorite. When it comes to stage design and wow factor, nobody beats the U.S. Army. Congratulations to the whole group.

MHearn

Monday morning and tring to get the rest of the crew up for the 16 hr. drive home. Outstanding match!!!! Granted there were a few backups but worth it for the quality of the stages, imho. The AMU sets a high standard for the wow factor and the "props" but the stages would stand alone without the dressing. I was blessed with the best RO staff there is on stage seven (Mike, Trapr, and Kelly) along with our Army gunsmith James who went above and beyond to make the stage run smooth. My thanks to all the AMU and the Army in general for making this THE match of the year. :cheers: Keith

Thanks to all those who worked to put this match together. The AMU, Linda, Jeff, Sandra, and the RO staff. Great job. Probably the best match I've ever attended. I feel its the best any where.

Stages 1, 3, and 9 were three of the best I've ever shot. The Stryker was great. But, even without it, Stage one was by far my favorite. When it comes to stage design and wow factor, nobody beats the U.S. Army. Congratulations to the whole group.

MHearn

I like that" .......wow factor". I think you are correct , this match always contains a great WOW factor.

Many thanks to Linda, Hamp, and all the many others who helped pull this match off.

Mark

congratulations to the winners of your divison.but if you were at this match you were a winner.this match is absolutely the best 3gun match i have ever shot.the AMU did a great job along with linda-hamp and the rest of the staff.the only way to top this match is to have it again next year.i also want to thank everyone that signed the shirt for jarrett. tammy didn't shot this match this year due to some back issue.but she said she had more fun getting jarretts shirt signed an ridding in the stryker than if she had shot the match. [stage one was really-really-really fun.] :rolleyes:

thanks again for having this match

roger cash :bow:

My hats off to BigHamp and the entire AMU,Linda,Sandra,Jeff,All the RO's and anyone else that was in the mix for putting this awesome match on. Its truly a top tier match. The best in my opinion. The only problem I had with the match is that its over and I have to wait for next year. there is gonna be a next year, right?This years stats went off without a hitch thanks to Linda's new 3 gun scoring program and multiple backup computers. I think I heard her say that 3 minutes after last shot fired and her scores were complete and being printed for final posting. WOW!

The "classified" stage was simply awesome. The ride in the Stryker was unbelievable. The theme for all the stages were well executed and the props were first rate. And yes......the boat stage was that hard unless you're Taran Butler or Dave Neth.

It was unfortunate for Taran to be bumped to Open for an equipment violation but it turned out that he dominated in the end. A huge statement if you ask me.

I heard John Scoutten get onto Taran for ruining his story line and at the end he thanked him and said it was gonna turn out awesome.

I shot with a great squad full of national level competitors and learned alot and had a great time doing it and didn't finish up so bad myself.

Once again......hats off to the AMU and everyone who was involved in making this great match go from start to finish. And special thanks to Benelli2 for taking the role of Rangemaster and doing a fantastic job. As BigHamp said.......its either strike 3 or third times a charm. It was quite charming in the end with a huge "WOW" factor. See y'all next year :cheers:

This was a GREAT match. Blew the Multigun Nationals out of the water.

I know some people were pissed off about the delays and the re-scheduling that was goin on. While I was pissed at the delays, I was not pissed at the match staff for the delays. I was pissed at some of my fellow shooters. I could not believe how lazy some of the squads were that my squad got stuck behind. I watched one and a half squads shoot stage 6, the stage with the worst back up. On average, they were taking 10-12 minutes per shooter. Why? Because very few of the squad members helped reset targets, etc. My squad was the last to shoot the stage on Saturday. We ran 8 shooters through in @ 45 minutes. The last 4 shooters had to come back on Sun morning. If one squad can do it, every squad can do it if everyone helps out. If you don't help, stages get backed up. We're all adults, the ROs shouldn't have to get on us to help reset and paste. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

Other things about the match itself:

- I hate the bridge. Wish I could do that one over again.

- Being video taped by Shooting USA while you're shooting a stage is a distraction. (They got me shooting stage 8)

- The AMU guys went all out and put on a great match.

- The prize table was AMAZING. I came home with well over my match fee worth of merchandise.

Things I think could be improved:

- Add water coolers and tents to each stage.

- Get a Blackhawk chopper to deliver us to the other ranges next year :D .

- Start a stage with the shooter firing a Barret XM107 at a target 6-800 yards out :devil: .

Other than that, it was a great time. On my list of matches for sure next year.

Thanks to Linda and SSgt Hampton for all the work.

What an awesome match. where else can you get a stryker ride to a stage (that was awesome by itself) and the boat stage was way cool. what a commitment to stage design to dig a trench that long for the fun of it. thanks to all of the AMU staff, Linda and Sandra, the RO's and of course the Army, it was a great match as far as I am concerned.

Hamp didnt even have to fall on his sword!......

same weekend for 2008??????