Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

The match application will be posted by midnight on April 30th on the match website:Ft Benning 3 Gun

Updated information and rules will be posted later this week. Advance copies of the application were sent to last year's match staff. These are for last year's staff only (I have a list). Any paid competitor applications will not be accepted if postmarked before May 1st.

Same time & place (First weekend in December at Ft Benning).

Same Match Director (SFC Aaron Hampton), same Range Master (Jeff Cramblit), Same Stats team (Linda Chico & Sandra Orvig). Many of the same staff. We will again have 9 stages & use the same schedule as last year.

Slightly modified IMG rules. Will recognize 4 divisions: Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons, Open & Heavy Metal. Again, no chrono.

Looking forward to hearing from the 3 gun crowd again!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the shooters from last years match recieving a preference due to last years events?

If you shot it last year, check your email for a message from me. If your email address has changed since last December, send a PM to update me.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

How many slots will be available overall? I would love to go, but just worry about getting a slot if prior competitors get preference.

Prior competitors DO NOT get preference.

Only the staff from last year's match will get any preference. The application was sent to all staff from last year in mid April. We invited them back to work the match again, but if they chose not to work & preferred to shoot as paid competitors, they ARE getting into the match first. It's our way of thanking them for their hard work. Currently only 2 shooters out of 30 on staff in 2006 have indicated they prefer to shoot the match as paid competitors. Most will work again. Did I mention how much I appreciate these guys? :wub: And I already have 5 experienced CRO's - SO's who have volunteered to work in the place of anyone who drops out. It's the kind of problem I love having!

Everyone who shot it last year got a copy of the application two days ago. It is the same application I will post at midnight Eastern time on April 30th (for May 1st). They still have to fill it out, write a check & get it in the mail. I will not accept early applications or 'hold' slots, other than the two I already mentioned from last year's staff. I will still go by postmark date & time on all applications.

With the exception of one post by Noah Gladstone, all the other comments on this thread are from Match Staff.

PM or email questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Application is posted at Ft Benning Match website.

The mailman is going to hate me (I'm still getting handfuls of applications every day for Targeting Education & Summer Blast pistol matches). :ph34r:

If you have questions, please use my off forum email address:

LChico@msn.com

Thanks

Linda Chico (L-2035)

App's are in the mail. There is no time stamped on it but, it's in the mail as of 12:04am. Our post office will not time stamp any regular mail, only special delivery. Shooters Ready? Stand By. :D

Ronnie

To get a time stamp. Go in to the PO and get metered postage. A Receipt will be printed with time and date. Include that in the envelope. Postmark only stamps the date.

For everyone else tell them to meter it . Lady at the desk told me metered mail didn't get the time on it anymore. Like rural Georgia would get something first :blink: . It's on the way

I mailed mine at 8:36am from the post office. The clerk told me the time wouldn't show on the meter so they just put a stamp on it and post marked it today.

Edited by c350z

I talked to Aaron the other day for about an hour about the match. All I can say is it's TOP SECRET and it's going to be even better than the last two years. Get ready for the 3-Gun match of the year.

The only thing wrong with this match is their is only one a year.

Ronnie

I talked to Aaron the other day for about an hour about the match. All I can say is it's TOP SECRET and it's going to be even better than the last two years. Get ready for the 3-Gun match of the year.

The only thing wrong with this match is their is only one a year.

Ronnie

Are you trying to kill me? :D If I did two of these a year, I would have to either give up sleep or quit my day job.

Right now, in addition to two 12 hour shifts plus call, I am expecting a little over 200 applications & checks over the next 2 days or so. I think we will be full in one day (anything postmarked May 1) & Aaron thinks it'll take a week. I should have bet money . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I told Aaron it wouldn't surprise me if you got 400 App's dated May 1. I think this match is already full and you don't know it yet.

No, I'm not trying to kill you or Aaron but, it would be nice for us shooters.

OK Be'ers

How many App's do you think she will get dated May 1??? :wacko:

I'll say 326. B)

Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying

Hate to interrupt the guessing games, but I just responded to the 5th email message about "is the match full yet?" and "any slots left?"

Here is the form letter:

I honestly don't know!

Got 35 applications today postmarked May 1st but all were from NC, SC & GA (one from north FL). Expect to get more with May 1st postmarks tomorrow (Midwest & rest of southern states plus Northeast). Points west, especially California, Oregon & Washington state may not be here until Saturday.

I will confirm all May 1st applications before I start on May 2nd applications. At this rate, the earliest confirmation I send out will be Saturday - maybe Friday late.

Once the match is full, I will start a waiting list. Last year, all 32 people who were on the waiting list were able to shoot the match. I hold the checks for the waiting list shooters, and don't deposit them until I can confirm you into the match. (this would be a good spot for testimonials from anyone on last year's waiting list . . .hint, hint). I update the shooters on the waiting list frequently and especially if their position on the list changes.

If you don't get in, I return your check. There is no way to lose by sending in an application and check. If you later have to withdraw, you get a full refund.

I DO know, if I don't have a check and application from you, you definitely won't get a slot.

Linda Chico (L-2035)