Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any idea on the breakdown between divisions? Shot Heavy Metal last year, and really enjoyed doing so, but was disappointed in the low turnout in that division.

3gunr

First - let me stress that these are VERY preliminary numbers. Most shooters did not realize we would offer Trooper until after they got their confirmation letters, so I anticipate that that number will change. Also - this does not include about 20 shooters (staff and sponsored shooters) who have not yet provided ANY division.

Tactical Optics - 134

Tactical Irons - 17

Open - 21

Heavy Metal - 10

Tropper - 3

There are still over 50 shooters on the waiting list & the mix may change a good bit before the match, as currently registered shooters withdraw & are replaced by some on the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Stages aren't finalized yet but currently looks like around 50 rds min for the rifle, but remember the scoring 1 A or 2 hits anywhere, that assumes one A and you hit the steel first shot every time

jc :cheers:

Stages aren't finalized yet but currently looks like around 50 rds min for the rifle, but remember the scoring 1 A or 2 hits anywhere, that assumes one A and you hit the steel first shot every time

jc :cheers:

Thanks Jeff,

If 50/60 is the minimum I'll only need 400 or so to get two per paper.

Joe

Get your monies worth, we go to shoot, the last time I went to the nationals I did the math and it was too ugly on the actual time I spent shooting, did well but on a time/$ it was ugly, so now I say shoot til time expires you get more bang for the buck, :cheers:

Hey this year we have three Brits coming, I think they are trying to take the country back

Look forward to seeing you all

jeff

Get your monies worth, we go to shoot, the last time I went to the nationals I did the math and it was too ugly on the actual time I spent shooting, did well but on a time/$ it was ugly, so now I say shoot til time expires you get more bang for the buck, :cheers:

Hey this year we have three Brits coming, I think they are trying to take the country back

Look forward to seeing you all

jeff

And I thought Mike was just bringing reinforcements to protect his liver ... :cheers:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

And I thought Mike was just bringing reinforcements to protect his liver ...

Linda, you are right, with those guys for friends my liver needs all the protection it can get !!! :rolleyes:

Dont worry, I am already stocking up on quality chocolate for you and Sandra to ease the pain of having us as visitors ! :lol:

Really looking forward to it and seeing all the amigos again. Stay safe.

Edited by mike.45

oooh oooh pick me, pick me!!!!!

Bet Linda just got 50 emails saying the same thing.

Probably more than 50 :)

No, I have you all better trained (oops, I meant 'organized') than that! :P

Everyone on the waiting list has a number assigned. The person who gets in next knows it already. Everyone else in line will get an email message that says:

Good news. Some shooters have changed plans. You are now # x on the Waiting List.

The last guy on the list has seen that message many, many times. He has moved from 68 to 34. I am truly doing my best to get everyone off the waiting list & into the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

PS: and thanks for the update, Tony. I work until 7pm, so I am just getting around to updates now.

Edited by LChico

I was looking over the rules and didn't see anything about power factor. Since this is a plus time match, I'm guessing PF isn't an issue and I could shoot my SIG 9mm w/o being penalized. Do I guess correctly?

I was looking over the rules and didn't see anything about power factor. Since this is a plus time match, I'm guessing PF isn't an issue and I could shoot my SIG 9mm w/o being penalized. Do I guess correctly?

Power Factor is not an issue. We will not have a chronograph at the match. You can shoot a 9mm pistol in any division except Heavy Metal.

See section "10.2 Steel Calibration and Challenges" in the rules for a list of the ammo & weapons that will be used to calibrate reactive steel targets.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Okay, this message will also go out to all registered shooters tomorrow (as well as all the waiting list folks).

Round count:

Rifle 36 (to 42)

Pistol 53 (to 90)

Shotgun 84 plus 17 slugs

The first number for Rifle & Pistol is the actual, minimum number to finish the match if you NEVER miss and all your hits on paper targets are in the A Zone. :blink:

The second number is allowing for 2 hits on paper targets (rules say one A or B zone hit or two hits anywhere).

There is a narrow range on rifle, because there are only a few rifle targets that are paper. Many rifle targets are reactive steel.

There is only one number for the shotgun targets, because most are reactive steel or clays.

Ammo can be shipped to the host hotel, if you made a reservation. See the Website for details.

December is really coming up quickly this year. . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

As great as I think being a part of this match is it just keeps getting better. I now have several Brits coming to shoot and drink with me before the match starts and if that isn't good enough Kurt and I have hatched a plan to do a 3 gun class before the match at my place about 4 hours away from the range. We are looking at Tues & Wed Nov 27/28th, leaving Thursday for us to get in shape to shoot on Friday. I guess we should start a new thread for it (and will) but it should make a great training and ramp up time for the big event, anyone interested? More to come on new post, :cheers:

adios

jc