Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like the best plan to me, start practicing early, shoot with some of the best folks in the world, eat, drink and tell lies half the week and then go shoot the match, what a country. The stories after the shooting will be worth the price of admission

Mikey said he and his companions would be staying in town, I don't have room enough for this whole crew, but I am installing a deadbolt on my room. I can't let my friends drive under the influence though, so they may end up comfortably on the floor on at least one evening.

If you are interested trap we may be able to fit one more, Mike said he had a double bed

If you are interested trap we may be able to fit one more, Mike said he had a double bed

My International Man of Mystery reputation preceeds me ! :cheers: This is going to be a blast !

I would highly recommened taking the class as they are 2 of the best

Benny, thats kind of you to say but I think its going to be Kurt and Jeff doing the instructing, not me this time :lol:

My International Man of Mystery reputation preceeds me ! :cheers: This is going to be a blast !

I would highly recommened taking the class as they are 2 of the best

Benny, thats kind of you to say but I think its going to be Kurt and Jeff doing the instructing, not me this time :lol:

Whatever, and you thought you would have guns to shoot when you came over here, we sold them for beer :cheers:

Round count:

Rifle 36 (to 42)

Pistol 53 (to 90)

Shotgun 84 plus 17 slugs

Bummer on the rifle round count, Thats less than half of the rifle shooting in 2005 or 2006 (97 and 117 respectively). Any Idea why the big reduction in rifle shooting? Pistol and shotgun are in the same ballpark as previous years.

I haven't gotten the email Linda stated we would. Am I the only one?

No. Sorry. I am in New York for the West Point 3 Gun Match. Aaron Hampton is here, too, to help with the match. Unfortunately, my email is not working via this hotel's internet access. It is an unsecured network, and my computer objects :angry2:

Fortunately, I can still post here!

I'll be back home early Monday, so everyone should get something Monday. All of you who check Enos have seen the round counts. It's all the shooters who don't visit here that I need to reach.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

As great as I think being a part of this match is it just keeps getting better. I now have several Brits coming to shoot and drink with me before the match starts and if that isn't good enough Kurt and I have hatched a plan to do a 3 gun class before the match at my place about 4 hours away from the range. We are looking at Tues & Wed Nov 27/28th, leaving Thursday for us to get in shape to shoot on Friday. I guess we should start a new thread for it (and will) but it should make a great training and ramp up time for the big event, anyone interested? More to come on new post, :cheers:

adios

jc

Christine and I live in the Bennig area, would be very interested in the class. We are working and shooting the match.

Any skinny on how far the flash targets will be on the "long range" or "longest range" rifle stage? I've heard rumors that we should know our hold over for 400yds?

dt1,

400 yard holdover should be accurate, I hope! Last year we shot out to 380yds on one of the sniper ranges.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Anybody know the max range for the slug shots this year? Or what they were last year?

As best I remember, the slugs were fairly close last year. Of course the depth of the bays could lend themselves to some longer shots.

A little blurb about the class has been posted in the training section under AREA 6. I am looking forward to seeing all the old R.O.s again and it will be a great match even if we are only going to shoot out to 400yds. KURTM

Great, took me a minute to find the forum area so I copied to put it here, look forward to seeing you guys at class and Benning

Brian's Forums... Maku mozo! > Shooting Discussions > Training Techniques > Competition Class Announcements > Area 6 classes

jc

Stages are now posted for the Ft Benning 3 Gun Match. Go to the match website (http://lchico.5u.com/AMU.html) & select 2007 Stages from the bottom of the column on the left.

We got plenty of email, phone messages & comments about the round count. We listened and worked hard to fix it. Updated round count for Ft Benning 3 Gun:

Rifle 63 (to 96)

Pistol 53 (to 90)

Shotgun 57 plus 17 slugs

The first number for Rifle & Pistol is the actual, minimum number to finish the match if you NEVER miss and all your hits on paper targets are in the A or B Zone. The second number is allowing for 2 hits on paper targets (rules say one A or B zone hit or two hits anywhere). There is only one number for the shotgun targets, because most are reactive steel or clays.

A reminder to have 2 completed copies of the Weapons Disclosure And Responsibility Statement when you get to the gate at Ft. Benning. Have your ID ready. (http://LChico.5u.com/AMU/FB3GForm.pdf).

The waiver of liability form (http://LChico.5u.com/AMU/WAIVER.pdf) must be completed and on file in stats BEFORE you handle a firearm on the military base. Print it out, fill it out & bring it with you.

I did not post a map to the Zero Range or Test Fire Range. That's because you need to turn in the waiver of liability and get a card (pass) BEFORE you go there. The maps will be in stats and at registration. I get the form; you get the card and map.

Regarding questions about carts & Rule #1.4.2 (Rifles & shotguns must be cased or carried slung with the muzzle up). 'Carried' means just that. If you are carrying the weapon in your arms or slung over your shoulder the muzzle MUST point up. If they are in a cart that has 'holders' or 'slings' which point down, that is fine. Any non-motorized cart is okay. All the custom or commercial conveyances are okay. A motorized cart or wagon that is not meant to carry a person is okay. You cannot ride, but your gear can.

We are planning on a few side matches (provided staffing and range approvals work out). Never hurts to bring extra ammo.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

If you are registered to shoot the match, or on the waiting list, you will get a copy of this message via email

Edited by LChico

Stages are posted.

Squad schedules are posted.

A squad list IS NOT posted. It is not posted, it is not completed, it is actually not even started.

I have removed the old 2006 squad list, because everyone kept checking it & not finding their name or their friends.

I never squad a match until about one week before it starts. There are still too many changes at this point to even start.

I DO honor all squad requests. Period. If you made a request (on the application or since then by email), I will make sure you shoot with your friends.

Once the squad list posts, I will email every registered shooter to let them know it is there.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

I am a bit confused as to the slug count?

17 is listed but it looks like there are 17 Paper slug targets, not to mention swingers.

Is it 1 hit anywhere on paper with slugs? or 1 A zone, 2 c&d with slugs just like rifle and pistol?