Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

I am a bit confused as to the slug count?

17 is listed but it looks like there are 17 Paper slug targets, not to mention swingers.

Is it 1 hit anywhere on paper with slugs? or 1 A zone, 2 c&d with slugs just like rifle and pistol?

Sorry it took a few days to get back to you. I got one answer from the stage designers & a different one from the Match Director and Range Master. I let them work out the details.

It should say minimum 12 Slugs required (11 on stage 2 & 1 on Stage 9) . . . But, like every other paper target, you would need 24 minimum unless your initial hits are all in the A or B zones.

I'll send corrected round counts along with other informations to all registered shooters later this week.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you sure Linda?? Some matches treat the slugs like any other weapon, some do the 1 hit anywhere with slugs.....I thought last year we did one hit anywhere. But I am old....and the mind is the first thing to go, or is it eye sight...hell, I cant remember.

Well after my dismal shooting in "Anniston", as soon as I get back from Alaska I will be practicing by moonlight to do better at benning, however just finishing the match will be an improvement form last year. I have a pond, a canoe and over a thousand slugs, so I think practice will start there.

jc

Hi all, we are finally able to get rolling with the stages we have been swamped as of late! So since my email is full I will answer some questions here.

The farthest shot with YOUR rifle will be 403 yards on a MGM Flash target.

The farthest shot from the bridge will be 50 yards; however you will need to take at least 2 positions on the bridge.

The farthest shot from the boat is 25 yards, wide open. We are using special GA water in the pond like last year so you all know it is very stable!

The classified stage is INSANE! You will have a good time.

Stage 9 offers a number of options, all of them suck a little.

I hope this clears up a few of the questions, feel free to ask here. Thank you all for your support as you can see we are working hard to make this year well worth the trip.

BigHamp

From what I have heard surprised you found enough water to float a boat. OK 400 with my rifle how far with another one? Hope someone mounts a demolition misson on that bridge, Joe should have that stuck someplace!

I thought the boat was pretty stable shooting .223, however I'm thinking it might rock with my 525 gr Lyman reloads. My concern is the "Shakey Bridge" with what seems like LR rifle targets.

Jeese bill stop complaining about the long range stuff. First you whined about old bridge and not touching the wall and now about long stuff at benning. You just were telling us about shooting your bolt gun so good at 600 yards. this stuff shoulld be a piece of cake. I mean I am tired of shooting my rifle at close stuff all the time it is about time more matches make you shoot the rifle at no less than 50 yards and even then at partial targets, ;ets sepereate the men from the boys. each match it different but it sure is nice to launch some long range stuff at ranges that hav that capability.

I spent part of yesterday at the range and the Action Team is well on their way to putting on another 1st Class match. Stage construction is coming along nicely and I think everyone will be impressed (still need to construct the pond and FIND the water) . SFC Hampton and his team are once again putting in a lot of work to make this match a success. No doubt, everyone will be challenged with the shooting and will get to experience a few "Army toys" along the way.

As for the water, there was a river on the other side of the base. But just in case, I'll be prayin' for some.

Trapr

Well there was one there a year ago but in case you missed it, Georgia is in a severe drought. Maybe Hamp should ask everyone to bring a gallon to fill the pond. It won't be as stable as the Georgia water but we will take what we can. For all you shooters coming from the south west aka Leon, immigrant water is not allowed. :)

Still wondering about the slug question, may have missed it. Will it be one shot neutralization, or like the other shots, one to an "A" zone or two anywhere else. I just need to know in case I want to buy stock in the ammo companies before everyone makes their purchase. Let's see...two shots to neutralize..from a rocking john boat.. add the forward speed of the boat...divide by the square root of 47.. times the distance to the target in centimeters.. Yep I got it figured out!! :D Also, if I swallow enough lead sinkers to make the boat sit on the bottom so it is more stable, is that a procedural?

I guess no one is going to shoot trooper except for me, the Cav boys and two others. I think someone else should do it also, but hey that is just me.

alan

ps. our new machineguntours calendar is coming out soon

Edited by bluker1

The squad list is now posted on the match website:

http://lchico.5u.com/AMU/stages.html

That should save me about 15 email messages a day. :)

For Friday shooters, we made changes in the Friday schedule (the order in which you shoot stages) because of a delay in access to one of the off site ranges.

I still have a waiting list for everything (Friday, Weekend, Sponsors, etc). Please notify me ASAP if you will be unable to attend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

First off Happy Thanksgiving to all! This is one of the first times I have had to drop a line due to match prep. I would also like to announce that SSG Michel is the proud pops of a health baby boy!

This years match has shapped up to be amazing! And to answer all the emails at once, no stage one is not classified because we did not know what it would be. It is classified because we did not want to scare anyone off!

Just because you asked blkbrd you and the first 19 others that email me at fb3gunmd@gmail.com will be treated to a tour of the USAMU Custom Firearms Shop and get some Q&A time with our world class gunsmiths starting at 1430 on Friday. Directions will be given at registration.

BigHamp