• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You never know with the Pharoh

:rolleyes:

Indeed. There were several rough spots on the mold that needed a little dremeling. After that, I painted the front and rear sights blacl and added a dot on the front post. Obviously these sights are not exactly like the set on my Production rig, but now they are more similar.

WTF am I back up at 450am? :blink: Can't sleep, clowns will eat me...

1/12/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

I have thought about putting TruGrip on the blue Glock, but decided that would be a waste. Its primary function is to aide me in movement drills...the secondary function being a source of amusement and hilarity for my friends to jab me on ;)

I might have already mentioned this, but I won a bet that the Steelers would beat the Bengals in their last game, and now his family who runs an embroidering business owes me a favor. I want to get a few shirts, hats, maybe a jacket embroidered with a Pharaoh Bender logo of sorts for me to wear at matches next season. If you are skilled in the art of Photoshop and have free time on your hands, let me know if you can help me!

...consequently, if you think that I am batsh!t crazy and have free time on your hands, let me know if you can help me :D:D

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?

Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

1/13/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

I was helping my mom-in-law move a bunch of crap in Columbus today, so the workout and dryfire just got completed. Tomorrow is the first match in 30 days that I have shot, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll pack along the camera and see if I can get a few decent pics out of it.

Notoriously I crash and burn the weak/strong hand classifiers so badly that I lose the match after winning the other stages. There is a reversal of karma from here on out, and one handed shooting will be my ally and no longer my enemy :D

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

micah b i did the same thing last week?? but i only dry fire every other day for 15min. after reading this forum especially with you posting 1hr of dryfiring? i belive you should be close to GM by now or atleast top 20 in your class. I im top 17 on a class open and i hope the get my master card on friday when they update the scores in uspsa. What do you average percentage wise on you last 5 matches? im curious?im lucky to squad with jojo vidanes in norco,ca every weekend.and im on top 5 to top10 on week end matches.

1/14/07

Club Match!

Shot a 5 stage match today in Miamisburg, and had a great time. I had a chance to see my old shooting friends, made a new one as Texas HK shooter (who's one hellova guy) made the trip down to Dayton to come and play, and one of the finest shooters to grace our sport, Bob Vogel, came along for the ride.

I shot a consistent match today...I believe that my lack of livefiring was a bit of a hindrance at first, but I eased back into the shooting. I wasn't aware of doing anything out of the ordinary; rather I just experienced the shooting. I was fortunate enough to have a good friend of mine get several of my stages on camera...here are the links if you are so inclined to watch....

-Barricade Transitions

-Barricade Left Standards

-Barricade Right Standards

-Indoor Bang-n-Clang

The classifier was 03-11, and although I had myself mentally prepared to succeed in strong and weak handed shooting, it simply did not happen. Mr. Vogel and I had a conversation about my woes with one handed shooting, and he gave me some excellent things to work on to improve the current situation.

Takeaways from today’s match:

1)Keen and I have the same sick sense of humor

2)Dryfire must be used in tandem with livefire...aka, I need to make time for the range

3)One handed shooting is now my main priority, and I will focus on it with great fervor so that I no longer lose matches as a result of my deficiency

4)Don't f-ing slide when you don't have pads :D

Today was a blast, and I have learned much on what I need to focus on, and how to best accomplish it.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

micah b i did the same thing last week?? but i only dry fire every other day for 15min. after reading this forum especially with you posting 1hr of dryfiring? i belive you should be close to GM by now or atleast top 20 in your class. I im top 17 on a class open and i hope the get my master card on friday when they update the scores in uspsa. What do you average percentage wise on you last 5 matches? im curious?im lucky to squad with jojo vidanes in norco,ca every weekend.and im on top 5 to top10 on week end matches.

GM...not nearly. I was a bit humbled in todays match. My member # is A55030, feel free to look at my track record. I usually (usually) toss it up with the same two or three shooters. Today I handed over 110 match points (again) for my miscues in one handed shooting, and 20 more for a ding-dong error. I am very fortunate to have these learning experiences at the club level in January, and not at Area matches in August.

Big congrats, by the way for getting your M card! :D

Your determination and dedication will be the key to achieving your goals. After reading your post about the match, I can tell it has lit a fire in you.

You control your dryfire schedule. You control your progress as a shooter, and only you put it all together to achieve success.

after reading this forum especially with you posting 1hr of dryfiring? i belive you should be close to GM by now

An hour of dryfire every day doesnt automatically make you a GM. Keep working hard, you'll get where you want to be.

Nice slide PB......yeah kinda looked like it hurt a little. Kinda curious if the other shooters slid or not. I think I would not have slid so that I would be more in control of my final position and not lose the forward momentum as soon. Of course and because I don't have pads. Mini, maxi, or knee. :D Just curious as to how my analysis stacks up to what others did. Nice vids....keep em coming.

The daring and brave slid. Even one guy with white pants, and his wife watching on in disbelief.

The rest of us fools just ran like crazy ........... the results speak for themselves. ;)

Yes IE, my personal thread secretary is correct. Several slid, I was the only numbnut that slid that hard without kneepads. I felt that by sliding I wasn't losing any momentum in arriving to my final shooting position. For what it's worth, I got to try something new :D

really COOL SLIDE!!! i really like that. looks like a lot of fun. thanks for the videos. just a tip/// when shooting on the barricade, you can save time by getting on take off position to run!! that way, after youshoot, you dont have to bend your knees down and take off running..SAVE TIME ON TAKING OFF!! hop this tip helps.. good shooting MICAH.

1/15/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire

I feel much better today about yesterday's preformance. I owe Chris a beer for giving me a pep talk and helping me to understand the things that I need to work on. I've said it before, and now once again...I am fortunate to be going through the retooling of my technique NOW and not in the middle of majors season.

After talking to Chris, Bob Vogel, and re-watching 3GM and a MB dvd, I am reworking my grip to be much more aggressive. Bob V pointed out that my grip was still too low to be able to contain recoil, and that my weak hand could be canted more, and Angus (like he was talking to me as well) pointed this out to me as well. You can see that my grip is not as good as it needs to be by watching the videos of yesterday's match. I am allowing my gun to recoil far too much.

It was difficult and awkward dryfiring today with a foreign technique, but I know that through practice, it will be quite natural. Tomorrow I AM getting my ass to the range to continue my learning of one handed shooting.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender