Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

:rolleyes: You two will make a happy couple. (and you know who I am talking about) ;)

Bwahahaha! I'm going to enjoy beating you this weekend ;) (that really is funny though)

I hate any meds but ZICAM seems to really work..at least on the upper respiritory.

Take a few minutes off and eat some chicken soup :)

Get better soon :D

Jim

Thanks Jim...I'll look into ZICAM. Being a little health concious, I take an Omega 3, multivitamin,Vit E, and Vit C supplement every morning, that that seems to usually do the trick of keeping me healthy. Fortunately I have tomorrow off, and will spend it in good health.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2/6/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

I am feeling much better today. I had planned on going to the range for a little livefire, but Dayton has been getting hammered by a snow storm since 10am and the major roads are shut down. I don't really mind staying in today and healing up.

I particularly worked on reloading on the move, and completing it within the first step. This is a dynamic shift from last years motto of "Hell, I've got all day to do that reload!" and it would literally take the entire trip to finish it. I am also looking forward to receiving Anderson's new book and compiling some of those drills into an additional dryfire session...kinda like 2-a-days :)

PB, I just found this thread. I think this is great! I wish I would have thought about doing this. I've been working on dry fire drills, movement, and reloads all winter. I haven't started a workout schedule yet. I get most of my running done "on the job" running after your local criminals but I need it more than you do I think. I will be keeping an eye on this post.

Just as an afterthought, what major matches are you planning to attend this year? I think I will be going to the Wis Sectional and Area 5. I don't think I can afford much more than those and my local matches. I do plan to add a few matches up near you this year. I look forward to shooting again. I just started shooting in 2006 and I have my "C" card in production and L-10. If all goes as planned, (famous last words) I would like to make "B" or "A" this year.

KEEP IT UP! I'LL BE WATCHING! :D

2/7/07

-Full dryfire session

-One hour of yoga

I got up at 7a to jog when my body said "Ummm....yeah, I'm gonna need you to not jog today, okay? That'd be greeeat." Work, school, and everything else is draining me. Luckally, I have this weekend off and will be able to recharge my batteries. Today's dryfire was subsequently cold and cumbsersome :angry: I need to continue to develope my skills so that I can gear up and shoot on a moments notice without such a decline in preformance.

Just as an afterthought, what major matches are you planning to attend this year? I think I will be going to the Wis Sectional and Area 5. I don't think I can afford much more than those and my local matches. I do plan to add a few matches up near you this year. I look forward to shooting again. I just started shooting in 2006 and I have my "C" card in production and L-10. If all goes as planned, (famous last words) I would like to make "B" or "A" this year.

KEEP IT UP! I'LL BE WATCHING! :D

Both big matches at WI? Given your location, I would target the IN Sectional, KY Sectional, OH Sectional, and perhapse Area 8 which is basically in Pittsburg. A5 is a great match, but I believe a bit far if you are only going to a handful of major matches. I

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

2/8/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

Have you ever had an icecream headache so intense that once it went away, you felt better then you had before the brainfreeze began? The past couple days have been my brainfreeze, and today the pain is gone. Although jogging today was rather painful, even after 30+ minutes of stretching, I feel exceptionally groovy.

Dryfire was clean and crisp, and I allowed my mind to daydream inbetween drills about the matches of 2007. Now that the Summer Blast app has been posted, I can cross that match of my list...it has been almost four months now that I have retooled my training program and have trained virtually every day but three. I look forward to the opportunity to round out my skills as the season continues!

So whats the match going to consist of this weekend??? Regular match??Classifier match??? Round count and # of stages. I still haven't figured out if I'm able to come yet.

Flyin

Regular match this month John. 4-5 stages...not too sure about the round count. Mark does an excellent job of creating good stages with the limited amount of space in the indoor range. Shooting it twice is only $5-$7 more, so it's worth hanging out.

Hope to see you there this weekend!

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Looks like I'm going to make the match, so far 2 of us and I'm pretty sure a 3rd one will make it.

What time are they usually over??? The guy that will probably come lives 1.5hrs east of Columbus. I just have to figure out what to shoot?? Limited??? Open or both :D

I put new springs in my open mags and haven't shot them so we'll see how it works out.

Flyin40

Looks like I'm going to make the match, so far 2 of us and I'm pretty sure a 3rd one will make it.

What time are they usually over??? The guy that will probably come lives 1.5hrs east of Columbus. I just have to figure out what to shoot?? Limited??? Open or both :D

I put new springs in my open mags and haven't shot them so we'll see how it works out.

Flyin40

I get there around 915-ish...shooting usually begins at 10 for the first squad, and noon for the second. Dust off the ol' open!

2/9/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

My three day weekend is off to an excellent start! Dryfire was smooth and flowing, and with a little Icy Hot, jogging was painless and fun. I didn't really focus on anything in particular today...just crisp, clean sight pictures and smoothness.

I'll spend the rest of the day with the wife and kids (my doggies :D ), but tomorrow will go to the range and work more on strong/weak hand.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

2/10/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

-Livefire!!!

Great dryfiring today, then I was off to my first GSSF match. I shot a 450(edit:sorry Chris!)...not great, but I had difficulty locating the center ring (I kept looking for the a zone :P ) Right now I'm at a friends house helping him out with his new Dillon and chewing the fat. I'll add more to this post later on tonight...

10:00p-I have a feeling that tomorrows match will have some weak/strong funk, and now I can finally redeem myself and shoot the hell out of it! I practiced a little bit tonight on one handed shooting. Strong hand is dead on, and although weak hand still has opportunities, I will do just fine tomorrow! I'll have video of all the indoor (yet FREEZING) action.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

2/11/07

-Match!!

-Full dryfire session

Finally another match!!! After helping set it up last night, I knew that today would truly test the strength of my one handed shooting. Five stages, the classifier was CM 03-08 High Standards

I am exceptionally happy to say that I shot through the entire match, including any one-handed shooting CLEAN :D Not only that, but I focused on shooting all A's (As opposed to saying to myself "SLOW DOWN!" and shot an amazing match overall. I stuck around and reshot the match in L-10 minor, and was able to continue my clean streak throughout.

Today's match was just excellent. Keen did a killer job using what little space he had, and I got to see several old friends (Flying 40, Lefty45) that I haven't seen since the end of the 06 outdoor season. This match gives me immediate pay value to all of the practicing that I have been doing.

In closing, I came home, dryfired, and in a few minutes here, take out my loving (and amazingly understanding) wife. I have video of today’s match loading on Google now, and will post them once they are completed. Today was just a small piece of my overall victory this season :)

A couple videos of today...It bears repeating that I was not aware of speed, meerly perfect sight pictures. I didn't try and see what I could get away with. What I ended up with was 66 Alphas and no mikes.

Watch Your Step

Pop Quiz

Barricade Blast

Barrel In Barrel Out

High Standards (string one)

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

2/12/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

I am so glad that I made the decision to practice throughout the off season. It's the middle of February, and I feel that I have make so much progress! Dryfire went very well today...I have a sense of renewed exitement that has carried over from yesterdays match. I will continue to work on strong/weak stuff to speed it up a bit, and focus on breaking my first shot a bit faster. :D

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Nice job, I noticed a big difference when I watched you Sunday. The biggest thing I saw was you appeared more relaxed and comfortable while you shot. Also noticed your fundementals came along way. Nice job on the progress, keep it up.

I had a great time, great to get back shooting and seeing all you guys. Shot pretty well for the first match.

Flyin40

2/13/07

-Full dryfire session

Everything is coated in 3 inches of ice and another 8 of snow, so jogging today was out. I imagine that I'll make the best of my day off and load up some ammo and relax!

Nice job, I noticed a big difference when I watched you Sunday. The biggest thing I saw was you appeared more relaxed and comfortable while you shot. Also noticed your fundementals came along way. Nice job on the progress, keep it up.

I had a great time, great to get back shooting and seeing all you guys. Shot pretty well for the first match.

Flyin40

Thanks 40, it's all been a work in progress. The path to M is less difficult when you can follow the footsteps of so many other excellent shooters :D